With other players? Other players don't get initialized correctly, when mission is hosted locally.

Yep. What doesn't get initialized correctly? Everything seems to work for us.

Theres a problem when uses ace, when you get shot you can't use ace healing items to heal yourself how do i fix this?

I contacted ACE about this and said it's not their fault (at all -.-) so I don't know what to tell you. If you know how, I suggest you remove the built-in revive system for this mission and use ACE's (their words), or wait for Neo to fix it somehow.

I contacted ACE about this and said it's not their fault (at all -.-) 

Well i think its because neo uses a different damage handler he may have to upload a version seperate for ace like there was in A2 our current workaround is that we have one person shoot the other and then revive them to remove the damage

Well i think its because neo uses a different damage handler he may have to upload a version seperate for ace like there was in A2 our current workaround is that we have one person shoot the other and then revive them to remove the damage

It just recently broke for me though, since the latest ACE version dropped so I have no idea what to tell you or say. We do the shoot-each-other thing too, but it doesn't remove pain or certain other things.

When there is no ACE medic/revive module, it shouldn't affect a mission at all, should it?  ;)

Probably not, as just switching the Revive has a LOT of implications on gameplay and workflow. For example the endtriggers won't fire for unconsicous units, respawn won't work, you won't have medical supplies, etc

Also I me and my unit are not using ACE, so we can't test any ACE related changes.

Note that the Escape-system is not preventing any damage, so the source of your problems must be somewhere else.

This allows for safe stacking of this event handler. Only the return value of the last added "HandleDamage" EH is considered.

Notes:

• Multiple "HandleDamage" event handlers can be added to the same unit. If multiple EHs return damage value for custom damage handling, only last returned value will be considered by the engine. EHs that do not return value can be safely added after EHs that do return value.

So it looks like ACE is adding a HandleDamage-handler that is taking priority over the missions one. No other reason I can think of to explain the stuff you guys described. It is also suspicious that the changes happened after an ACE update. Maybe you should look into their changelog (at github maybe).

It's actually not that difficult to use ace_medical instead of the native revive-system. The end triggers don't fire of course, but that's just in case everyone is unconscious - in which case you can end your mission manually from the developers console or via admin command. It's vitaly important to disable the native revive-system. Otherwise, as NeoArmageddon wrote, the HandleDamageEHs will get in conflict with each other.

First edit line 12 in the initPlayerLocal.sqf:

if !(isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Medical")) then { call compile preprocessFile "Revive\reviveInit.sqf"; };

Then put this at the end of the initPlayerLocal.sqf before the waituntil{sleep 0.5;!isNil("A3E_EscapeHasStarted")};

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Hearing")) then {
    player addItem "ACE_EarPlugs";
};
if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Medical")) then {
    _ACE_Items = ["ACE_atropine","ACE_fieldDressing","ACE_elasticBandage","ACE_quikclot","ACE_bloodIV","ACE_bloodIV_500","ACE_bloodIV_250","ACE_bodyBag","ACE_epinephrine","ACE_morphine","ACE_packingBandage","ACE_personalAidKit","ACE_plasmaIV","ACE_plasmaIV_500","ACE_plasmaIV_250","ACE_salineIV","ACE_salineIV_500","ACE_salineIV_250","ACE_surgicalKit","ACE_tourniquet"];
    {player removeItems _x} forEach _ACE_Items;
    if ( (missionnamespace getVariable ["ace_medical_level",2]) > 1 || (missionnamespace getVariable ["ace_medical_medicSetting",2]) > 1 ) then {
        for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_fieldDressing";};
        for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_packingBandage";};
        for "_i" from 1 to 4 do    {player addItem "ACE_elasticBandage";};
        for "_i" from 1 to 6 do {player addItem "ACE_quikclot";};

if !(str player == "p10") then {
            for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};
        } else {
            for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItem "ACE_personalAidKit";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItem "ACE_surgicalKit";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_salineIV";};
        };
        for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_tourniquet";};
    } else {
        for "_i" from 1 to 10 do {player addItem "ACE_fieldDressing";};
        if !(str player == "p10") then {
            for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};
        } else {
            for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_morphine";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {player addItem "ACE_epinephrine";};
            for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItem "ACE_bloodIV";};
        };
    };
};
if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_common")) then {
    if (str player == "p3") then {player setVariable ["ACE_isEOD",true];player setVariable ["ACE_isEngineer",true];};
    if (str player == "p10") then {player setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 2, true];};
};

The amount of items can of course be altered. If you want to be able to edit the ace settings, refer to the ace settings framework.

That's the way we've been playing escape for quite some time and it works pretty well.

• Like 1

That's the way we've been playing escape for quite some time and it works pretty well.

Can you register here, make a fork/local copy of the escape repository, create a new branch, and add your changes to that branch and reupload to upstream? I assume everyone wanting to play Escape with ACE will be in your dept ;)

Of course there has to be some more changes to make that a release candidate.

Probably not, as just switching the Revive has a LOT of implications on gameplay and workflow. For example the endtriggers won't fire for unconsicous units, respawn won't work, you won't have medical supplies, etc

Also I me and my unit are not using ACE, so we can't test any ACE related changes.

Note that the Escape-system is not preventing any damage, so the source of your problems must be somewhere else.

So it looks like ACE is adding a HandleDamage-handler that is taking priority over the missions one. No other reason I can think of to explain the stuff you guys described. It is also suspicious that the changes happened after an ACE update. Maybe you should look into their changelog (at github maybe).

The only thing pertaining to the medical system in ACE in their recent changelog is a menu fix and a macro. Maybe I'll just remove the revive system in the mission and go from there. Any advice?

EDIT: Didn't see belbo's post, disregard

Just tested Escape on a private host with two players. Works like a charm. Can't reproduce the JIP/Remote player problems some people reported.

I was wondering, if there gonna be a CUP only version of this mission.

co10_Escape_CUP-US.ISLANDX.pbo is cup only

playing the cherna version for days now ;D

(req. mods: cba+cup terrains, units, weapons, vehicles)

Exactly! We are playing it also since weeks. We will probably drop all LOP and CAF versions in the future and only keep Vanilla, RHS and CUP (with focus on CUP).

• Like 2

Great mission.

Playing it in Bozcaada.

Still, AI is dumb as hell, Even at close range they cant see me..

Great mission.

Playing it in Bozcaada.

Try use VComAI

Great mission.

Playing it in Bozcaada.

Send me that camo you're wearing,lol,cuz they can spot me 500m out behind a boulder,under a boulder,under a house,in a house or underwater.In total darkness even. :(

• Like 1

@NeoArmageddon

i have a question about the hc support of this mission, i noticed my hc server is getting nearly no load in this mission, also no hc slot in player selection and non headlessclient in editor, but your initplayerserver.sqf shows a 

if(name _player == "HC") then {
    ["HC present. Offloading AI."] spawn a3e_fnc_debugmsg;
    A3E_HC_ID = owner _player;
    if(A3E_HC_ID==0) exitwith {
         ["Getting HC ID failed!"] spawn a3e_fnc_debugmsg;
    };

am i missing something?

@NeoArmageddon

i have a question about the hc support of this mission, i noticed my hc server is getting nearly no load in this mission, also no hc slot in player selection and non headlessclient in editor, but your initplayerserver.sqf shows a 

if(name _player == "HC") then {
    ["HC present. Offloading AI."] spawn a3e_fnc_debugmsg;
    A3E_HC_ID = owner _player;
    if(A3E_HC_ID==0) exitwith {
         ["Getting HC ID failed!"] spawn a3e_fnc_debugmsg;
    };

am i missing something?

Yes. There is no HC support in it yet. The entry you posted was an experiment. There are (as of now) to many constraints between AI and gamemechanics to decouple AI from host (Keep in mind that this mission was developed in A2 when no HC was available, but I am on the right track in decoupling everything).

Great mission.

Playing it in Bozcaada.

It is up to you to set the difficulty of your AI. Don't see how someone running around with "trolling" AI with extremely low difficulty settings proves any point. 

Now they have included a difficulty setting in this mission that is broken atm. which is nice I guess. But it appears to be no functional currently so fix your configs, it's in your hands, not Bohemi'as, scruffy's or neo's.

Running these on my unit's dedicated and we get stuck at the black loading screen immediately after spawning..Can hear ourselves moving, but the screen stays black.. Any idea why?

Running these on my unit's dedicated and we get stuck at the black loading screen immediately after spawning..Can hear ourselves moving, but the screen stays black.. Any idea why?

Which version? What mods? Most likely the server is missing some addons or another addon/scripts interferes with the mission loading script.

The logged in admin should check in the debug console of the following variables are set locally:

A3E_StartPos

A3E_FenceIsCreated

A3E_ParamsParsed

That happened to me a cpl times and was caused by wrong RHS mod version

That happened to me a cpl times and was caused by wrong RHS mod version

Thanks for the clarification. At this point I strongly suggest using the CUP only version from the dev repo.

Thanks for the clarification. At this point I strongly suggest using the CUP only version from the dev repo.

strongly suggest? so the RHS version is somehow seriously flawed?