Thanks Neo! My bad, didn't see your comments regarding a dedicated server. Maybe you could put that as a note in your original post? Might prevent you from having to say it eleven times  :P

I had the same thing with a friend of mine. Now to figure out, to setup a dedicated server :D

Thanks Neo! My bad, didn't see your comments regarding a dedicated server. Maybe you could put that as a note in your original post? Might prevent you from having to say it eleven times  :P

It is a big red text under "Release notes" in the first post ;)

I had the same thing with a friend of mine. Now to figure out, to setup a dedicated server :D

Start Arma3 with startup parameter "-server". You may add a server.cfg and also add it by "-config=server.cfg" to the startup:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

You can run a client and a server in parallel. If you have access to a second machine or a root server: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Dedicated_Server#Windows

Sorry to hear, that you think the mission losts it epicness. What changes do you think made it too easy? As far as I know I haven't really made anything easier since version 1.6 despite people complaining about stuff like the rocketpods in helicopter and stuff.

I think it got even harder with the introduction of the "unknown" markers, the mortar camps, reduced weapons/ammo at ammodepots, etc The only think a little bit easier is the start, because getting shoot in the first minute without weapon is not epic and fun but annoying.

Me and my squad fail regulary right after escaping the prison. Maybe you got better in Escaping ;)

Join our Discord server if you want to and we can discuss this more directly.

I mean that might be it, losing the rocket pods, the APC that used to be at the start. When playing Vanilla you can get a AA rocket launcher usually pretty quickly and take down the chopper and more often than not another one doesn't come along. It would be good that Choppers keep coming even if there was a break for 10 minutes or so after you shoot one down.

But over all I just haven't felt that pressure you used to feel. With 6 or more people we often stand around discussing where we are going to go and what we are going to do rather than running for our lives.

It might be our server but I find that once you get a vehicle if you drive fast enough you can more often than not blow right past the AI without them shooting at you, including tanks. However that is unlikely the mission and more ArmA 3 AI or our server.

The thing I found with the older Escape missions (1.6) was there always seemed to have that pressure on you. You might be right we might have gotten better. And this isn't to say we don't fail. But recently it has been about 60/40. 60% of the time we make it all the way to the end. Which really isn't what I remember Escape being about.

Also don't get me wrong I still love the mission but I can sit back in my chair and play it rather than being hunched over my keyboard and stress sweating like I remember :D

I think to make it more of a challenge is put only a couple of guns in the backpack at the start and there needs to be more guards at the start. I like how the chopper comes and if it doesn't get shot down it eventually returns to base for a little bit then comes back after a refuel and rearm. It would be good to have the choppers respawn after 10-15 minutes of being shot down.

I know the Civilians are supposed to be neutral, but it would good that once you kill a Civ (usually to steal his car) you would get random suicide bombers.

Road blocks and check points just outside the town would be cool too.

Marked minefields too would be cool forcing players to change direction and move around them.

and just more patrols, when the AI know where you are (ie. you have a chopper following you, or a patrol can see you) they should be sending a pretty constant wave of troops after you.

I know the Civilians are supposed to be neutral, but it would good that once you kill a Civ (usually to steal his car) you would get random suicide bombers.

Road blocks and check points just outside the town would be cool too.

Marked minefields too would be cool forcing players to change direction and move around them.

and just more patrols, when the AI know where you are (ie. you have a chopper following you, or a patrol can see you) they should be sending a pretty constant wave of troops after you.

That are the ideas I want to hear ;) Less pistols at start is already planned. In the latest version you start without vests. That makes the start somewhat harder.

Also keep in mind: AI difficulty is still bugged for scripted AI. Workaround is still active.

P.S. Join the Discord server!!!

OPFOR realized that currogated metal is not very suitable even for a improvised prison:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/358402208186936758/53BC1CE99C1EFAC84248868ADB3BB537835E44AC/

They also upgraded their comcenters with some new techs:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/358402208186931517/51B8709E646029DD2B9448581D53DFA1EA09DA5A/

P.S. Besides this "eyecandy" I also fixed a bunch of annoying bugs :D

Heh,heh...wondered if anyone was going to catch that.Several times I've managed to just "walk out" instead of using the gate due to the guards shooting the walls down

Incidentally,has anyone considered adding survival mode to these missions. Realistically it's something POWs(downed pilots especially) have to face during escape & evasion("Behind Enemy Lines,BAT 21").  Just a thought. ;)

Incidentally,has anyone considered adding survival mode to these missions. Realistically it's something POWs(downed pilots especially) have to face during escape & evasion("Behind Enemy Lines,BAT 21").  Just a thought. ;)

In short: Yes. 

But that would be out of scope right now as it would invole a completly different mechanic and also additional addons.

P.S. I made some "Survival" missions for my squad in the past, called "AT Camping" ;)

• Like 1

With a small increase in contributions to the Escape code base I decided to build a CI (continuous integration) system for escape. It is now ready and compiles a new set of escape missions whenever a fix or update is pushed to our development repository.

Because I receive weekly PMs asking me for the newest escape version I decided to let the CI copy the files to a public repository for everyone to test.

You can find it via browser here: ftp://escape@anzp.de

Or with an FTP program of your choice (server anzp.de, user: escape, password: none).

Keep in mind that the versions that are builded automatically are considered bleeding edge versions. That means the changes are completely untested (actually we use those versions for our internal tests), may break the mission, arma, your PC or even the world. When you use this versions, make sure to read the changelog and contribute feeback and bugreports.

Just d/l cpl of the missions  but one(co10_Escape_AT.Chernarus_Summer) wasn't playable b/c I needed the add-on "AT_Units"?What is it & where can I get it?Also.as in the previous CUP_US missions there are no guards and when there is they've been shot by some unknown unit(I came across dead units,destroyed vehicles elsewhere during my escape).Otherwise I love these missions.Thanks.

It's finally did it! I set up a dedicated server for the CUP version of Escape. The only thing is .. You have 10 mods needed to get it running.

CUP_Core , CUP_Maps , CUP_Weapons , CUP_Units , CUP_Vehicles , Leighs Opfor , CAF, USAF RHS , RHS AFRF , CBA_A3

But it is possible haha  :D 

It is such a nice experience to play it!

I look forward to the next updates. PROBS!!!

Just d/l cpl of the missions  but one(co10_Escape_AT.Chernarus_Summer) wasn't playable b/c I needed the add-on "AT_Units"?What is it & where can I get it?Also.as in the previous CUP_US missions there are no guards and when there is they've been shot by some unknown unit(I came across dead units,destroyed vehicles elsewhere during my escape).Otherwise I love these missions.Thanks.

AT is our squad internal test version with our custom units. You can't play it. It is just there because the process is automated and every configured mission is copied. 

CUP_US works splendid for me. Upload your servers rpt for one of those sessions please.

It's finally did it! I set up a dedicated server for the CUP version of Escape. The only thing is .. You have 10 mods needed to get it running.

CUP_Core , CUP_Maps , CUP_Weapons , CUP_Units , CUP_Vehicles , Leighs Opfor , CAF, USAF RHS , RHS AFRF , CBA_A3

But it is possible haha  :D 

It is such a nice experience to play it!

I look forward to the next updates. PROBS!!!

There are vanilla version to use without mods (the one without suffix). All other mission either depend on CUP, RHS, RHS and LOP or RHS and CAF. When a A2 terrain is used, also CUP TP is needed. Obviously you don't need to play all of them, as the difference between them is mostly the look of the units. Select the modset you like the most.

Rekkless I think one thing that might be affecting the difficulty is that before 1.7.4 the AI could kill you in one shot from any weapon at almost any range, which made armor completely useless.  I documented the bug and NeoArmaggedon fixed it.  I think the changes to stamina are also a factor because you don't need to stop and rest nearly as much because you can run forever.  It's easier to stay on the move, which is very important to this mission.

As for the difficulty I personally feel the starting area is already pretty hard.  I usually play with a small group of 3-5 players, and we rarely kill all the guards before they can call in for reinforcements.  Reducing pistol counts and completely removing vests will make the beginning of the mission much harder for smaller groups.  I hope it's something you can scale so that groups like ours don't get hit as hard.  I think putting a few vests on the ground instead of starting with them on would be cool to represent something that was smuggled in. 

I think increasing the difficulty after you get out of the prison is what should be fixed.  I feel that there isn't enough punishment for sticking in an area too long.  However, I understand a lot of that is map and AI dependent, and there are dozens of variables at any given moment that affect the difficulty, so fixing that would be very difficult.

I think the simplest thing would be to increase the number of patrols, along with their density, especially after being detected.  Perhaps adding another enemy frequency setting for 9-10 players would also help, seeing as how right now the highest difficulty is designed for 7-8 players.

I really like the all of Rekkless' ideas.  The minefields and roadblocks would greatly slow down escaping with a vehicle, and once you get a fast vehicle escaping is usually very easy.  With the roadblocks covering roads (obviously) and the minefields covering more open areas, escaping with a vehicle will become much harder.  I just hope the minefields are clearly labed with signs on all sides.  Seeing as there are civilians around, it would make sense that they're labeled.  The mine detector for the engineer might actually be useful now too.  The suicide bomber also sounds hilarious, and I'm all for that.

• Like 1

any chance of ones for Zargabad or Kunduz? love the missions we play it all the time, especially love doing the escapes from the US!! keep up the great work guys

any chance of ones for Zargabad or Kunduz? love the missions we play it all the time, especially love doing the escapes from the US!! keep up the great work guys

Thanks for your feedback :D Zargabad and Kunduz are on our ToDo-List.

Really excited to try the new version. Once the CUP only versions are done, I will have another stab at a zombies version. I went a bit mad in my last edit (1.7.3) and made a Zombies and Raptors version, but it was too hard for the three man team I had available to test with. Keep up the great work Neo!

• Like 1

I went a bit mad in my last edit (1.7.3) and made a Zombies and Raptors version, but it was too hard for the three man team I had available to test with. Keep up the great work Neo!

Can you limit the raptors to Pantheras north-east island (aka dinosaur island)? That would be cool!

CUP only with desert theme should be already in the bleeding edge repository: ftp://anzp.de/bleeding-edge/06-02-2016/build-32-4c2346b7e39adfadb7db74268fda172faaeda479/

And if you want are familiar with Git and want to take your fiddling with Escape to the next level, you can write me a PM and I can hook you up to our development plattform.

great mission, keep up the good work.

are there any plans to port this to cup sharani etc (cup terrains/weapons/units/vehicles) love the idea of one big modset :)

There is already a Sahrani version. CUP modset is already in the bleeding edge repo. SLA config is in the works.

Can't get the parameters to "save" after selecting the option to do so under Parameter Loading.

Is there something I have to do myself, or is it broken via the mission?

EDIT: also, the RHS versions kick every player connected once selected, but the vanilla version does not. Any ideas?

Can't get the parameters to "save" after selecting the option to do so under Parameter Loading.

Is there something I have to do myself, or is it broken via the mission?

It is definitly not broken (just tested). The parameters are stored in profile space and thus resetted upon server restart. Keep that in mind. 

Have you checked in the mission if the parameters are restored correctly? You have a list in the briefing screen with the active parameter. The saved values are NOT LOADED in the role selection screen, they are loaded on mission start. So you can only select "load saved" and the rest of the parameters are ignored and saved values are applied (but you can't preview them before missionstart). This is how parameters work, no way to actually load/changes values in the parameter screen.

EDIT: also, the RHS versions kick every player connected once selected, but the vanilla version does not. Any ideas?

Check your RPT, you probably running the wrong RHS version or you missed an addon in your loading. Just played RHS on my server, works fine.

It is definitly not broken (just tested). The parameters are stored in profile space and thus resetted upon server restart. Keep that in mind. 

Have you checked in the mission if the parameters are restored correctly? You have a list in the briefing screen with the active parameter. The saved values are NOT LOADED in the role selection screen, they are loaded on mission start. So you can only select "load saved" and the rest of the parameters are ignored and saved values are applied (but you can't preview them before missionstart). This is how parameters work, no way to actually load/changes values in the parameter screen.

Check your RPT, you probably running the wrong RHS version or you missed an addon in your loading. Just played RHS on my server, works fine.

The parameter thing makes a lot of sense now, thank you so much.

I have a few mods running, and I checked to see if RHS was up-to-date (using the wget thingy, RHS_USAF and RHS_AFRF) and it is. Here's the thing, though.

I don't run a dedicated server, but I've been running this mission for a year now locally, same modset, and only recently has it been doing the kick thing.

EDIT: you know what, I think I have a case of "two retarded users who can't install mods." I'll check into a bit more to see if that's the problem, if so, I apologize.

That's the issue. RHS downloads for them didn't finish the whole way, or some of them didn't download it at all. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't run a dedicated server, but I've been running this mission for a year now locally, same modset, and only recently has it been doing the kick thing.

Keep in mind: The mission doesn't run with local hosting. You need atleast a dedicated server instance on your PC in the background. I am working on that problem thou.

Keep in mind: The mission doesn't run with local hosting. You need atleast a dedicated server instance on your PC in the background. I am working on that problem thou.

What exactly do you mean by that? Like I said, I've played it for at least a year now, via Multiplayer --> New without issue.

What exactly do you mean by that? Like I said, I've played it for at least a year now, via Multiplayer --> New without issue.

With other players? Other players don't get initialized correctly, when mission is hosted locally.

Theres a problem when uses ace, when you get shot you can't use ace healing items to heal yourself how do i fix this?