Perhaps there's another cause?

Stupid AI most probably.

I am aware of the mission.sqms. Already fixed locally. Will release an update soon.

Went in and tested Vanilla on Stratis, just two of us. Both spawned in at the same time, and we got the no hacking option bug. Both of us did die/respawn during the mission though, so if that results in the bug, then ok.

I'd prefer that respawning wasn't there, or at least that you respawned without gear. It makes the mission kind of dumb sometimes if you die right off the bat and spawn in with all your gear and a map. The way it was earlier where you had to be revived unless you specifically wanted to respawn was a better way to do it i think.

Props to NeoArmageddon though, one of my all time fave coops ever!

I'd prefer that respawning wasn't there, or at least that you respawned without gear. It makes the mission kind of dumb sometimes if you die right off the bat and spawn in with all your gear and a map. The way it was earlier where you had to be revived unless you specifically wanted to respawn was a better way to do it i think.

The respawn is a bug and it shouldn't happen! The mission still uses 100% revive. Also you should be stripped of default respawn gear if it happens, but something broke that too (probably the latest A3 patch). Are you using the latest version (1.7.4)?

Yep, using 1.7.4, wartorn mode on, otherwise default settings.

And you get killed everytime? Do you have any other mods runing that may overwrite eventhandlers?

When you play the mission again, the logged in admin should open the debug console and enter this code:

AT_FNC_Revive_HandleDamage = {
	private ["_unit", "_killer", "_amountOfDamage", "_isUnconscious","_bodyPart","_projectile"];
	_unit = _this select 0;
	_bodyPart = _this select 1;
	_amountOfDamage = _this select 2;
	_killer = _this select 3;
	_projectile = _this select 4;
	_isUnconscious = _unit getVariable "AT_Revive_isUnconscious";

if (alive _unit && 
		_amountOfDamage >= 1  
		&& !(_isUnconscious) 
		&& _bodyPart in ["","head","face_hub","head_hit","neck","spine1","spine2","spine3","pelvis","body"]) then 
	{
		_unit setDammage 0;
		_unit allowDammage false;
		_amountOfDamage = 0;
		[_unit, _killer] spawn AT_FNC_Revive_Unconscious;
	} else {
            diag_log format["Revive debug: %1",str _this];
            systemchat format["Revive debug: %1",str _this];
        };
	_amountOfDamage
};

Than you can press "Local" or "Global". Local will add the additonal debugging to the local client only, global to all players. That would then dump some data to chat and RPT, when somebody gets hit. I need the output when somebody gets killed to debug the script.

It's fairly rarely we get to each other to revive (and complete the revive) before we are killed by bleeding or something. Usual casualty is hit, unconscious..2-5 secs..dead. Yeah, will try to get some logs for you this weekend. Thanks much!

It's fairly rarely we get to each other to revive (and complete the revive) before we are killed by bleeding or something. Usual casualty is hit, unconscious..2-5 secs..dead. Yeah, will try to get some logs for you this weekend. Thanks much!

That sounds like you are running ACE3 Revive.

There is no bleeding to death in Escape.

That sounds like you are running ACE3 Revive.

There is no bleeding to death in Escape.

Could it be the new patch? Ran with the following mods just fine before : 

Blastcore Phoenix

Blastcore Tracers

Blastcore Skies

CBA_A3

ShackTac UI

JSRS Dragonfyre.

None of these should alter the movement or bleeding at any point.

Me and Gripe runs fairly the same mods, and have these issues.

Hello,

I was expecting to try this mission with a friend, and we ran into the weirdest issue.

When starting the game, only the game owner starts gear less as expected, the others arz fully equipped with gear & weapons. Also only the game owner is waiting for revive. Others gets killed as vanilla, and also cannot revive other players.

This happened for vanilla, RHS and RHS-US scenario on stratis map. We tested with mods and without any, same result.

I tried to create a game solo in MP, it works fine as long as no one join.

Any idea ?

There is now a Discord channel for discussing Escape: https://discord.gg/0kV3JvVEhmnMfmq1

Cool.  Might I ask what your intended purpose for this resource is - does it basically serve the same purpose of this thread?

Just curious, as it seems that there are plenty of folks out there that have something to add to this mission or are otherwise interested in contributing (myself included) that might benefit from the collaboration provided by such a resource.

Let me know, thanks!

Cool.  Might I ask what your intended purpose for this resource is - does it basically serve the same purpose of this thread?

Just curious, as it seems that there are plenty of folks out there that have something to add to this mission or are otherwise interested in contributing (myself included) that might benefit from the collaboration provided by such a resource.

Let me know, thanks!

Basically the Discord server is intended for support, request and generall chatter about Escape and some other stuff I do. Feel free to contribute in anyway you want ;)

Basically the Discord server is intended for support, request and generall chatter about Escape and some other stuff I do. Feel free to contribute in anyway you want  ;)

Thanks for the clarification! 

*Snip*

1.7.4 Highlights:

• CUP Version (along with CAF and/or LOP)
  • Reversed side edition (play as OPFOR escaping BLUFOR - RHS version only)
  • Fixed and updated Revive (A3 1.54 bullet penetration, Only medic can revive to 100%, FAK to ~90%, rest to ~75%). Attempt to fix drowning issue.
  • Some fixes that were sent to my be dystopian1 (e.g. wrong extraction point iteration).
  • New supported terrain: Esseker
  • More stuff I will write later

There will definitly be a 1.7.4 Hotfix or 1.7.5 version but a new 1.8 release is coming in the near future! What do you guys want to see the most? Except bugfixes of course^^

Hate to be a pest Neo, but would it be possible to get a complete change list for 1.7.4?  A friend and I have put in some work on this mission since 1.7.3 and have a decent amount of work to show for it, you might be interested in some of the things we've done and I'd be happy to compile a list that I can contrast with 1.7.4 and provide this to you in a PM.

Mission is dedicated server only.

Thanks for your answer, indeed it works better that way.

I have a following question related to dedicated, would you have a list of the parameters (for the class Mission {} in the server config file) that you could share or explain quickly how I could scavenge them, maybe in the mission pbo itself ?

Hate to be a pest Neo, but would it be possible to get a complete change list for 1.7.4?  A friend and I have put in some work on this mission since 1.7.3 and have a decent amount of work to show for it, you might be interested in some of the things we've done and I'd be happy to compile a list that I can contrast with 1.7.4 and provide this to you in a PM.

We better discuss this live in the Discord channel. Would be simpler to use pull-request for any changes.

Thanks for your answer, indeed it works better that way.

I have a following question related to dedicated, would you have a list of the parameters (for the class Mission {} in the server config file) that you could share or explain quickly how I could scavenge them, maybe in the mission pbo itself ?

Unpack the pbo and have a look in the "include" folder. The params are listed there.

Loving the new 1.7.4 release. Played Escape Chernarus Vanilla numerous times on the dedicated server with the new CUP Terrains and it works a treat! Also played Bornholm and Porto but did not manage to escape. I could not get Sahrani to work however, because I no longer have SMD_Sahrani or AiA Terrain installed, since CUP Terrains replace all that. To fix it I just:

1. Copied and renamed the mission file co10_escape.smd-sahrani-a3.pbo to co10_escape.sahrani.pbo

2. Unpacked the pbo and opened the mission.sqm file in an editor

3. Changed the addons required from:

addOns[]=
	{
		"a3_characters_f_beta",
		"A3_Static_F_Mortar_01",
		"a3_uav_f_characters_f_gamma",
		"A3_Soft_F_Kart_Kart_01",
		"A3_Characters_F_Kart",
 		"a3_weapons_f",
		"A3_Modules_F",
		"aia_misc3_config",
		"smd_sahrani_a3"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"A3_Modules_F",
		"A3_Static_F_Mortar_01",
		"aia_misc3_config",
		"smd_sahrani_a3"
	};

to:

addOns[]=
	{
		"a3_characters_f_beta",
		"A3_Static_F_Mortar_01",
		"a3_uav_f_characters_f_gamma",
		"A3_Soft_F_Kart_Kart_01",
		"A3_Characters_F_Kart",
		"a3_weapons_f",
		"A3_Modules_F",
		"cup_sara_config"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"A3_Modules_F",
		"A3_Static_F_Mortar_01",
		"cup_sara_config"
	};

4. Saved changes, repacked to pbo and played on dedicated server and all was good.

It sure was nice to be back on Sahrani but with all the CUP goodness recently released we were wishing we could play all the CUP terrains with their matching units, weapons and vehicles. I see you have made CUP versions of Escape but you require LOP and CAF and LOP requires RHS, so it sets up quite a list of dependencies none of which automatically update through Steam Workshop so keeping all my players on the same version has become an ongoing nightmare. CUP adds so much with one Steam subscription and all my players are all on the same version every week without any of them thinking about it - it just means more play time. I also have some players that have difficulties with the very big downloads these mods require, so usually we wind up running vanilla. Every time we run RHS missions we have crashes and glitches and I hear too much griping so I gave up on it. I personally enjoy it, but only in solo.

So the big question is can we get a CUP only version? We don't need insurgents because we are the insurgents. We would love to see the native units, weapons and vehicles for each terrain, or at least just units. I think it would bring a lot more flavour to the different escapes.

Many thanks for your huge efforts on this mission, it gets played a lot by our team and I sure hundreds of others out there too.

There should be seperste versions for Sahrani, United Sahrani and SMD Sahrani already in the download.

And the CUP version is not finished. To be honest, I added it accidentally to the download as Scruffy was not finished with it yet. There will definitly be a CUP only version. For some terrains we are still missing some units. But as I am developer in the CUP mod aswell, this will be fixed soon ;)

OPFOR realized that currogated metal is not very suitable even for a improvised prison:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/358402208186936758/53BC1CE99C1EFAC84248868ADB3BB537835E44AC/

They also upgraded their comcenters with some new techs:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/358402208186931517/51B8709E646029DD2B9448581D53DFA1EA09DA5A/

P.S. Besides this "eyecandy" I also fixed a bunch of annoying bugs :D

• Like 3

Ok so I want to point out Escape is one of my all time favorite Arma 3 missions. You might remember I posted much love and concern for the mission several pages ago.

But I've been playing 1.7.4 for the past few days and what was so special about escape seems to be lost with the latest updates. And that specialness is its difficulty.

I remember when you first released the mission it was insanely hard. Even with 4 or more players just getting out of the prision at the start was a challenge. Time after time matches were failed within the first 10 minutes. And for myself and my group we would complete the mission maybe once in every twenty games. When you actually managed to escape it felt really special. It was a brutal slog and as you flew away the relief and genuine sense of achievement was real.

However now even on the hardest difficulty with the most frequent patrols the missions feels too easy. Getting out of the prision is a breeze since everyone is armed at the start. And the patrols and enemy forces don't feel anywhere near as brutal as they used to.

I remember when I first started playing escape it took me months before my first successful mission. Now I have new recruits completing the mission with my group and I first time around.

I know there has been a lot of pressure on you to make the mission easier. But really the current setup is pretty easy and if you have over 6 people you are all but guaranteed a mission victory.

I hope if you continue to develop this mission you bring back its epicness.

Always remember Battletoads is one of the most remembered NES games mostly because it was so hard. It was loads of fun too like escape but man when you beat it (like the old escape) it really was a special feeling.

• Like 1

Ok so I want to point out Escape is one of my all time favorite Arma 3 missions. You might remember I posted much love and concern for the mission several pages ago.

But I've been playing 1.7.4 for the past few days and what was so special about escape seems to be lost with the latest updates. And that specialness is its difficulty.

I remember when you first released the mission it was insanely hard. Even with 4 or more players just getting out of the prision at the start was a challenge. Time after time matches were failed within the first 10 minutes. And for myself and my group we would complete the mission maybe once in every twenty games. When you actually managed to escape it felt really special. It was a brutal slog and as you flew away the relief and genuine sense of achievement was real.

However now even on the hardest difficulty with the most frequent patrols the missions feels too easy. Getting out of the prision is a breeze since everyone is armed at the start. And the patrols and enemy forces don't feel anywhere near as brutal as they used to.

I remember when I first started playing escape it took me months before my first successful mission. Now I have new recruits completing the mission with my group and I first time around.

I know there has been a lot of pressure on you to make the mission easier. But really the current setup is pretty easy and if you have over 6 people you are all but guaranteed a mission victory.

Always remember Battletoads is one of the most remembered NES games mostly because it was so hard. It was loads of fun too like escape but man when you beat it (like the old escape) it really was a special feeling.

Just increase the AI difficulty and density. You can *always* make the mission harder for yourselves. Disable all the aids and turn up the ai. You wont make it far.

Just increase the AI difficulty and density. You can *always* make the mission harder for yourselves. Disable all the aids and turn up the ai. You wont make it far.

It looks like there is no difference in AI difficulty levels in latest A3 versions. We play equally both extreme and recruit difficulties :(

My friends and I have played Escape for ages now, and loved every minute of it. However, in the latest iteration we've run into a game breaking bug; whenever any one of us hosts the mission, we spawn with default weapons and cannot revive or be revived. Either that or we spawn over the ocean and die. This does not happen to the host, and none of the settings have been changed. I don't know if there's a log I could upload if that would make things easier, but after reading through the comments of this thread I haven't been able to find anyone with similar issues. 

We've tried switching from AiA to CUP Terrain, and that didn't help. In fact, when playing using AiA we spawned with weapons and couldn't respawn or revive, and when playing using CUP we spawn over the ocean and die. Any assistance would be amazing! 

Sorry to hear, that you think the mission losts it epicness. What changes do you think made it too easy? As far as I know I haven't really made anything easier since version 1.6 despite people complaining about stuff like the rocketpods in helicopter and stuff.

I think it got even harder with the introduction of the "unknown" markers, the mortar camps, reduced weapons/ammo at ammodepots, etc The only think a little bit easier is the start, because getting shoot in the first minute without weapon is not epic and fun but annoying.

Me and my squad fail regulary right after escaping the prison. Maybe you got better in Escaping ;)

Join our Discord server if you want to and we can discuss this more directly.

My friends and I have played Escape for ages now, and loved every minute of it. However, in the latest iteration we've run into a game breaking bug; whenever any one of us hosts the mission, we spawn with default weapons and cannot revive or be revived. Either that or we spawn over the ocean and die. This does not happen to the host, and none of the settings have been changed. I don't know if there's a log I could upload if that would make things easier, but after reading through the comments of this thread I haven't been able to find anyone with similar issues.

Use a dedicated server. Think I wrote that serveral times now!

• Like 1

Thanks Neo! My bad, didn't see your comments regarding a dedicated server. Maybe you could put that as a note in your original post? Might prevent you from having to say it eleven times  :P