ACE is conflicting with the Revive script. A few pages back someone proposed how to replace the Escape revive by the ACE revive. One have to make sure nobody really dies.

• Like 2

Hi Neo,

for your info...

two of your missions keep crashing the server... sometimes it dies sooner sometimes later... but always at the start of the mission after few minutes.

I only have smd sahrani and aia tp mod installed... tried all your available vanilla missions for those maps.

bugged missions:

United Sahrani

Porto

mission that I tried so far and did not crash:

chernarus

chernarus summer

takistan

smd_sahrani

stratis

altis

not sure whats wrong...

All missions share 100% the same code, so it is related to the terrains. Also United Sharani and Porto share the same object set. Try CUP Terrains RC insteadt of AiA. I use CUP for testing.

I just gave Porto and United Sahrani a quick test using the version of CUP that just came out today.  Porto didn't crash, but I only played for about a minute.  Escape United Sahrani won't load when I select the mission.  I just get sent back to the mission select screen.  In the server RPT I get an error that says, "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_misc3_config."  I'm guessing that dependency wasn't removed by accident or something.

Known bug in CUP. Somebody missed that compatibility config. Will be fixed in a CUP TP Hotfix.

For now I won't add strong CUP dependency on the CUP terrains and leave the AiA dep. in Escape. Otherwise people with AiA only won't be able to play escape any longer.

Hello.

I ran into a problem when running the modded mission on non dedicated server. RHS and RHS and CAF doesn't appear to be working correctly. In the lobby the units for possible selection are not named in the US side in RU side only slot 8 is aviable which is a rifleman.

It's quite possible I'm doing something wrong but I have no clue as I'm a complete noob when it comes down to Arma 3 (btw Vanilla mission hosted that way on a different maps ei Chernorus works good (Using AiATP). We have everything up to date (mods were downloaded yesterday). What happens is there are some errors when loading in the game and when you get into the map (everything loaded in) the Host is suspended in the air without the ability to move or do anything and the other player is turned into a seagull. As I couldn't find any guidance on how to set up things and how it should be done I've decided to seek help here. I realise its quite a noobish question but I'm all out of guesses at the moment. I hope you could help as I had a lot of fun playing your mission in Arma 2 or the Vanilla one. Sorry to bother with something as you probably will see as a trivial question but how are you supposed to set everything up in order for it to work as intended.

You either have an old version of Escape or old version of RHS. Non-named units in the lobby indicates, that the units used are not available. RHS changed some units in the second last update.

Just tested myself: 1.7.4 on Chernarus and every configuration works exactly as expected with latest RHS update.

What version of RHS is supposed to be used as I just checked and the joint download for both set of forces is actually quite outdated (0.3.5v). Asking just to clarify. Thank you for your help.

There is an updater .bat file in both RHS folders. Run both of them and you should have the version I am using.

Thank you :-)
During ArmA1 days, the missions by "Östgöta Ops" where one of the best out there. Most intense "smaller" Coops i played.

• Like 1

So is this similar to Escape from Chernarus from Arma 2?

It is the official successor to ArmA2 Escape by Engima. First we got the permission to port it to ArmA3 and later we got the permission to officially take over the development of Engimas mission.

But up to this date a lot of stuff was rewritten and improved/expanded on.

So basically: Yes, this is Escape from Chernarus from A2. But better, improved, in active devleopment and in ArmA3.

ACE is conflicting with the Revive script. A few pages back someone proposed how to replace the Escape revive by the ACE revive. One have to make sure nobody really dies.

Im currently in the process of making this happen, including a few Parameters for customization of ACE features like Medical System and Advanced Ballistics, etc.

Question, im to lazy to search all the scripts (yes i know..), is the weather already synced to all clients with the weather script? Or is the script only done for the randomization? Im asking because of placement of ACE3 Weather module. 

Awesome mission so far, wow im impressed especially with RHS and ACE it cant get better. Just breathtaking WOW.

Weather script is serverside only as the A3 backend keeps weather in sync.

For call look in fn_initServer.sqf

i don't know if this has been covered already (if it has feel free to link me) i would love a page of info on what all the parameters are, most are self explanatory, but a few would be great with an explanation. sorry to be a pain in the a$$

I can't find the info about the params myself right now, so here:

• Parameter Loading: This is the most important parameter as it controls the whole parameter loading. ArmA3 always reverts the parameters to default on mission restart, but Escape is able to save the used parameters and stores them for the next session. Default of this parameter is "Load existing". This means, the parameters from the last session are restored. If no parameters are found, the actual parameters are taken. From our own sessions we know, that a round Escape ends sooner than later most of the time ;) so this parameter has to be set to "Use below and save" in the first session. That means all parameters are saved. In the next sessions you don't have to change anything and the same parameters are used in the mission.

• Enemy Skill: Defines the skillevel of enemy units. Because of strange behaviour of AI (skill larger than expected for units created by script) this does not has an effect right now and is subject to change and redesign.

• Enemy Frequency: The amount of enemy patrols and units in each patrol. Also slightly changes the enemy group compositions.

• Time Of Day: Start time. Default is random start time.

• Time Multiplier (Fasttime): Timemultiplier. Time runs faster. Use 1:1 for a realistic day/night cycle and 1:12 for the complete Escape experience (day and night in one round ~2h).

• Weather: Controls starting weather. In development/redesign. Subject to change.

• Grass: Server controlled gras density for users with slow graphics.

• Enemy Spawn Distance: Controls distance in which enemy patrols are spawned. Default is "Far". Keep it for best immersion (you won't be able to see units spawning). Reduce for slow servers.

• Village Patrol Spawns: This controls the amount of patrols per area of cities/villages.

• Extraction Points: Distance of extraction points after hacking a comcenter. Use "Near" for a quick round and "Far" if you want to travel the whole terrain twice ;) Default is "Random".

• Additional Weaponbox at depot: Adds two extra ammoboxes to ammodepots. The additional boxes have no random content but a large amount of weapons. Keep this off for the whole Escape experience.

• Reenable respawn button: Escape disables the respawn button in the options by script (actually respawn is enabled for JIP compatibility). Respawning would circumvent the while Revive script and I often saw people bashing "respawn" when reviving took too long. This option can reenable the respawn button for debugging purposes. Keep it off, otherwise impatient people could break the mission. Subject to change.

• NVG-Goggles and TWS Scopes: With this option one can restrict the probability of TWS scopes and nightvision. This makes nighttimes more challenging but also makes the AI less powerful in the dark.

• Debug: Toggle some debug options. Keep this off.

• Direct reveal of markers: All markers on a map are hidden by default and needs to be revealed first. With this option one can enable the oldschool behaviour of the mapmarkers (A2 and early A3: Markers are directly revealed).

• Artillery: Reduce or increase likelihood of enemy artillery strikes. Also changes rounds-per-strike.

• War-Torn mode (CSAT and AAF are fighting each other): Exprimental! Makes OPFOR and INDFOR enemies. This results in enemy patrols fighting each other. Where chaotic, unbalanced and partially broken. But fun nevertheless.

• Unconscious View: Toggles between oldschool revive view (unmoveable camera on the ground) or the Hindsight-Cam. Default is the HSC, but the old view can be enabled for people suffering from nausea when having to look at other players with slow internet connection (the cam jumps around a little bit).

Hope this helps :D

• Like 1

Hi, i have the first ACE Version ready. Its the variant with RHS Mod on Stratis. I used latest DEV Build and latest ACE+RHS Mod Versions.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-11172233/co10_escape-rhs_ace_edit.Stratis.pbo.html

Note: The Corpsman and the Officer Group Leader are the only units that can use the Personal Aid Kit and Surgical Kit for ACE Advanced Medical System. This is also important when use the ACE Revive Function combined with Advanced Medical mode, as Revive can then only be done with such a PAK and only by those two units. So as soon as you have Advanced Medical active, make sure some guy will use one of those slots.

Basically i added lots of Parameters and mission ending failed can also be chosen if when all people are unconscious or not. Tell me what you think. What i will do in the future is to add some special ACE medical items (When Option Advanced Medical System is selected on mission parameters) that might appear randomly in the crates at Commcenters, AmmoDepots, Crashsites and so on.

If someone will host a quick session in the next days, i would love to participate ^^

@NeoArmageddon, i made changes to following files:

- description.ext

- defines.hpp

- mission.sqm

- params.hpp

- Initplayerlocal.sqf

- initplayerserver.sqf

- fn_initserver.sqf

- init.sqf

- fn_briefing.sqf

Explanation of Parameters i added:

1. ACE Mod Damage Handling:

- Choses if you use ACE Mod Damage handling with medical system or you use built-in revive script by the mission maker. You need to have this option selected to "ACE Damage handling active" in order to use next Parameters for Advanced Medical System aswell as ACE Revive!

2. ACE Mod Revive System:

- Decides wheter or not you use ACE Mods Revive System. Keep in mind that when combining this with Advanced Medical System, Revive wakeup will only be possible with a PAK by a Medic. See more here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/medical-system.html#2-2-5-revive-advanced-medical

3. ACE Mod Advanced Medical System:

- Decides if you use ACE Advanced Medical System. See Overview here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/medical-system.html#2-2-advanced

4. ACE Mod Advanced Ballistics:

- Decides wheter or not to use Advanced Ballistics by ACE. See here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/advanced-ballistics.html

5. ACE Mod Wind Deflection:
- Decides wheter or not to use ACE Wind Deflection System. See more Here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/windeflection.html

6. ACE Mod Equal PBO Version Check:
- Activate this Parameter to check that all clients have the same ACE Mod Version as the Server. You will get a constant annoying warning if you have wrong version installed. See Here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/missionmaker/modules.html#1-5-check-pbos

7. ACE Mod Restrict Usage of NVGoogles with Scopes:

- Set to "Enabled" to restrict the usage of NVGoogles with Scopes such as from Sniper Rifles.

8. Wheater:
- Added 5th Selection to "ACE Reallife weather". When selected the missions weather script is bypassed and ACE Weather is enabled. What that means you can read here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/weather.html

9. ACE Mod all players are unconscious, ends Mission:
- When set to "Mission ends when all players are unconscious", it does just exactly that. Other option is to let the mission continue even if all players are unconscious.

• Like 1

I think that these descriptions are great.

So any chance of them appearing in-game as tooltips?

i.e. mouse-over the parameters and these descriptions appear in a balloon

After the last patch to CUP Terrains Escape Sahrani still doesn't load.  Several other missions also don't load, but they didn't work before the patch either, although I didn't test them all on both versions.  Later tonight I'll compile a list of all the missions that don't load.

It also seems like there was a mistake in escape Sahrani vanilla from the complete pack on Armaholic because in the complete pack the mission is simply not showing up in the missions list.

Getting a bug after 1.7.4 running Vanilla on Altis, where we don't get the hacking option at the comcenter locations at all. Tried multiple comcenters, they all seem to have the same problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anybody else getting this?

Also had a hilarious ending, got to the exfil site, and the two choppers coming in for landing to pick us up crashed into each other.

Also had a hilarious ending, got to the exfil site, and the two choppers coming in for landing to pick us up crashed into each other.

That happens when you hacked two comcenters and got the same extraction point and/or two people hacked a terminal in the exact same moment. Known bug and on my list.

The non working missions is a mistake in CUP and should be fixed since the CUP TP Hotfix 1.0.1.

Non-hackable terminals could be related to JIPed players, but I need confirmation.

I'm using CUP Terrains 1.01, however it seems that some of the missions aren't working because of a missing or erroneous entry in the mission.sqm. 

Here's the list of the missions that aren't working and why I think they're not working:

Escape United Sahrani all versions.  In the mission.sqm it says "aia_sara_config" when it should say "aia_sara_dbe1_config".  Adding "cup_sara_dbe1_config" fixed it. 

Escape Sahrani RHS.  I don't see anything wrong in the mission.sqm so I'm assuming it's a CUP bug.  The server console says "cup_mis3_config" is missing.  Adding "cup_misc3_config" fixed it.

Escape Esseker rhs and rhs-us.  They're missing the RHS entries.  Adding them allowed the mission to load.

Escape Takistan all versions.  I don't see anything wrong in the mission.sqm so I'm assuming it's a CUP bug.  The server console says "cup_mis3_config" is missing.  Adding "cup_misc3_config" fixed it.

Escape Duala all versions.  I don't see anything wrong in the mission.sqm so I'm assuming it's a CUP bug.  The server console says "cup_mis3_config" is missing.  Adding "cup_misc3_config" fixed it.

I also got the bug where the helicopters crashed into each other, however I did not hack two comcenters nor did I have 2 people hack a terminal at the same time.  Perhaps there's another cause?