They do spawn in forests. We just got ambushed out of a forest on Chernarus yesterday. It is just that AI preferes to walk along forests and not through, so they often move out of the forests.

Please try Escape NATO RHS 1.7.4 RC2 Altis.
I had to modify some features in addition to classes:

• no resistance - RHS USAF doesn't have any units, so bluefor vs opfor only;
  • search choppers are VERY deadly, so I increased flying height (not working in combat), flying time (sometimes not working) and ammo from 5000 to 500.

NeoArmageddon,
most changes are suitable to include in Escape "base". It is possible to convert mission from opfor to bluefor in mission.sqm and UnitClasses.sqf only. Welcome to PM if any questions.

It is possible to convert mission from opfor to bluefor in mission.sqm and UnitClasses.sqf only.

Sure? The searchleader and a lot of other scripts are not side agnostic. Without changing the hardcoded values, the triggers won't worka dn some scripts will break.

I already have a branch at git with side agnostic scripts, but not really ready yet for implementation in the codebase.

Also switching side breaks resistance (when there is one). We already tried that and the conclusion was, that we need a rework of the spawing system.

Sure. Try it. See diff's. We've tested it many times (but because of difficulty we've managed to escape only once).

I see what you did there. You basically have what I already have in a branch with the difference of not beeing able to disabling resistance. The next release after the revive bugfix will probably include all "reverse side" missions, it is already configured in our compiler. In our mission we use US for both sides (resistance and east) to use the full range of possible units (there is agroup limit per side).

P.S. Don't publicVariable server side config values. Very bad for JIP. If you need the globals vars at client, just call the script there.

Small update for you guys:

We fixed a bunch of stuff and thanks to the motivation dystopian1 gave me, I pushed the east-version of Escape forward.

We tested it a few times now and when we finally get to the evac choppers, I will confgure the mission for all terrains and upload an RC version.

• Like 2

That's excellent news.  Will the improved revive/damage handler make it in?  What about East version of zombies?  That would be awesome.

That's excellent news.  Will the improved revive/damage handler make it in?  What about East version of zombies?  That would be awesome.

The handler is in. I still haven't had much time to work on anything zombie related. So probably not.

Another video from yesterday:

Downloaded version 1.7.3 from armaholic a few days back and we can't seem to spawn in a metal square like in previous versions. Any idea if this is because of the latest update or am I just being stupid and missed something.

Works for me without problem. You have to play the mission with a dedicated server (either local or real).

Do you know what version of RHS is needed?  Won't load when i use the latest RHS.

I mean when I'm in the lobby I get an error that the units don't exist and all the players are just called nobody instead of E.G. rifleman or auto rifleman.

Yes, that is already fixed in yet unreleased 1.7.4. RHS changed the unit names in the last update.

Status update: The last A3 update broke some stuff. There are now some script errors and the extraction choppers are broken. We are working on it. This prevents us from releasing 1.7.4 right now.

Any idea on a release date?

Hopefully Soonâ„¢.

All except one bug introduced with the A3 Nexus update is fixed. The bug only happens on multiplayer and prevents the extraction choppers from taking of, when all players are onboard. This is hard to pin down because I can't test it in editor and we have to get to the end of the mission in a real session ;)

Can we help? Describe the bug, we'll try to repeat and maybe fix it. Or is it really unreproducible?

We had it two times in the past. You get in the extraction chopper and it doesn't take off. Checking the condition from the while/waituntil from the extraction script resolves to true in the debug console (so the helis should start) but they don't proceed.

I think it has something to do with when someone from the team left the game AFTER the comcenter was hacked but haven't confirmed it yet. It obviously worked before A3 1.54.

We've just escaped (NATO version). Choppers were OK. Here's video

I kicked one our player off right before taking off (he had connected after comcenter was hacked).

I'll try to help if I can.

Can you update the first page man with the updated links to 1.7.4 they still have 7.3 linked on there

Can you update the first page man with the updated links to 1.7.4 they still have 7.3 linked on there

There is no 1.7.4 release yet.

Because people keep nagging me via PM:

I will not sent out unfinished versions! I will only release them for everyone or none. 

I keep getting messages like "Hi, nice mission, sent me newest version for testing with my squad ASAP!"

Sending out missions to random people is not fair for everybody else and also a big workload for me, so this will not happen!

I also promoted it a while back, but there is a mirrored repository of our internal development repo at bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/armedtactics/co10-escape

Now to the good news:

I published 1.7.4 to the frontpage, but for your convenience, here are the DL links ;)

http://anzp.de/a3missions/co10_Escape_Vanilla_1.7.4.7z

http://anzp.de/a3missions/co10_Escape_RHS_1.7.4.7z

http://anzp.de/a3missions/co10_Escape_RHS_CAF_1.7.4.7z

http://anzp.de/a3missions/co10_Escape_RHS_LOP_1.7.4.7z

http://anzp.de/a3missions/co10_Escape_CUP_1.7.4.7z

1.7.4 Highlights:

• CUP Version (along with CAF and/or LOP)
  • Reversed side edition (play as OPFOR escaping BLUFOR - RHS version only)
  • Fixed and updated Revive (A3 1.54 bullet penetration, Only medic can revive to 100%, FAK to ~90%, rest to ~75%). Attempt to fix drowning issue.
  • Some fixes that were sent to my be dystopian1 (e.g. wrong extraction point iteration).
  • New supported terrain: Esseker
  • More stuff I will write later

Known bugs:

• Briefing for reversed side edition still referes to wrong sides.
  • When a player leaves server after comcenter was hacked, the extraction choppers won't take off when everybody is on board. Seems to be related to last A3 patch and some script engine changes.
  • No zombie version in this release (needs more finetuning). Please use old or custom versions.

There will definitly be a 1.7.4 Hotfix or 1.7.5 version but a new 1.8 release is coming in the near future! What do you guys want to see the most? Except bugfixes of course^^

Just tried this with friends - Can you use ACE for this mission? The FAK converts into morphine and bandages and you can't see which limb is hurt.