Well the server I have it set to aiLevelPreset=1, and I've never changed the enemy skill from the default of easy. 

Try veteran please.

I set the server difficulty to veteran, and I kept the enemy skill at easy, and I am still encountering the issue.  I also monitored the server fps, and it was a fairly stable 48 with some 1-2 fps dips.

I asked Scruffy and he did some research on this topic. Looks like some hitzone stuff changed in the past and some Biki entries most revives on (atleast mine and Farooq's) are outdated for A3. In A2 a damage of 1 on any bodypart mean death. Now a limb can sustain more than 1 damage when the contribution to the accumulated overall health is not more than 1. The revive is currently not taking this into account and I haven't found this because I still thought damage 1 on any hitzone means death. So to sum this up: The revive simulated A2 behaviour without respecting some A3 changes to damage system ;)

I will upload an escape with a reworked damage handler on the weekend.

That's awesome.  I can't wait to have this bug finally squashed!  I have a couple quick questions about difficulty though, as of now, what does setting the enemy skill in the mission parameters do exactly?  I know I asked this a while ago, but the mission has been patched a few times since then, and I'm wondering if anything's changed.  Is there also recommended mission difficulty and aiLevelPreset?

I confirm one shot killing by the AI. It happens since v1.50 released in all missions with the revive system.

Also can you please tell me how to set a specific daytime without randomisation.

And thanks for your great work.

@cyprus

Will post an answer when I am back home this evening.

@volkmaestro

IT IS NOT! How often do I need to tell that? It is simply that you die when a hitbox gets a damage of 1. Most of the time the limb damage is far below 1. Also torso and head damage is always deadly when above 1. Also the A3 AI is extrodinary good in making deadly headshots. You can easily debug this!

But telling "I confirm one shot killing by the AI" is just plain BS without proper bug research.

When you change the mission param you cen select from 24 different times of day plus random. How many more specific daytimes do you want?

Sorry for telling BS and i don't want to argue.

But i play pretty much every day with a team and we all noticed that since 1.50 we don't need the first aid kits anymore because of instant death/unconscious.

It happens in many different missions with revive system.

Original Arma3 SP/MP missions work normal.

It's just our observation not a "proper bug research".

P.S. When i change time in mission.sqm it doesn't affect anything and sorry that i'm not a script writer and i have no idea how to do it. That's why i asked, but if it's too difficult for you, you may not answer my question.

To change the time all you need to do is go in the parameters when starting the mission and you can choose the time in 1 hour increments for all 24 of the hours of the day.  Have you never changed the parameters of the mission?  It's right there. 

2cyprus

Yes there is such a button but it never works on any mission. 

I don't know why. Maybe some kind of localisation problem. At least i know now why it's there.

Anyways thanks for the answer.

1.7.3 has some issues with setting parameters not working, as do many other missions when run on dedicated server( 1.7.4 works fine for us though) to work around this UnPBO the mission and find co10_Escape.[mapname]\include\params.hpp and change the lines "default = n" to what ever you want, n is a value displayed a few rows up for each individual param.

Hey neo and scruffy, for some reason our server was bogging up for a month or two (I assume it was some mod) causing a lot of scripts (mostly spawn) to stop working. Now though, we get the full experience and is that ever something extra, had a lot of renewed fun with being pinned down by UAVs (that never spawned when we had broken the mission) and more patrols! Even though this makes me wish even more for a vanilla lightweight disposable launcher.

There is no arma mission with the same replay-ability value for small groups like this one.

I recommend trying out bad bensons Enhanced Movement mod with escape, it's a good force-multiplier for your small team vs all of Altis. [Enhanced Movement is far from done and still has a lot of issues, eg falling damage reduction in lieu of the ability to climb down.] https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174788-arma-enhanced-movement/

You need to change the parameter loading setting from "load existing" to "use below and save".  The default setting of load existing will use the settings on that page, so every time you restart the server you gotta change the settings manually and remember to put it on "use below and save".   The time switching, along with every other parameter will work.

1.7.3 has some issues with setting parameters not working, as do many other missions when run on dedicated server( 1.7.4 works fine for us though) to work around this UnPBO the mission and find co10_Escape.[mapname]\include\params.hpp and change the lines "default = n" to what ever you want, n is a value displayed a few rows up for each individual param.

Sure? Works like a charm for me and my guys. In every mission.I only know of the bug, that the params reset, when you JIP into the game, but it is only a visual change, the actual setting doesn't.

Also: Are you keeping in mind that the first param in Escape is "disabling" all the other options and uses the params from the last playthrough unless you select "Use below"?

2cyprus

Yes there is such a button but it never works on any mission. 

I don't know why. Maybe some kind of localisation problem. At least i know now why it's there.

Anyways thanks for the answer.

Login as admin.

You need to change the parameter loading setting from "load existing" to "use below and save".  The default setting of load existing will use the settings on that page, so every time you restart the server you gotta change the settings manually and remember to put it on "use below and save".   The time switching, along with every other parameter will work.

Sure? Works like a charm for me and my guys. In every mission.I only know of the bug, that the params reset, when you JIP into the game, but it is only a visual change, the actual setting doesn't.

Also: Are you keeping in mind that the first param in Escape is "disabling" all the other options and uses the params from the last playthrough unless you select "Use below"?

I am aware, and it has only happened when we switched to a dedicated server and the same has happen in other missions that we play. I have not bothered trying to find the reason for the bug/deviation as it is easy, and often just preferable, to change the default params. Could be a bug, could be my laptops server-setting somehow being setup in a manner that is wrong.

I wouldn't put to much thought into it as it might not even have been an issue with your missions and at the very least for me, with this mission, is an issue no longer.

Question about the ammo bag at the start of the mission:

I would like to add flashlights for pistols to the bag. Night starts can be tricky, and flashlights on pistols would solve this. I am using Robert Hammers pistol mod.

To do this, I modified fn_initServer like this 

for [{_i = 0}, {_i < 5}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {
		_weapon = a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons select floor(random(count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons)));
		_backpack addWeaponCargoGlobal[(_weapon select 0),1];
		_backpack addItemCargoGlobal[(_weapon select 0),1];		
		_backpack addMagazineCargoGlobal[(_weapon select 1),3];
	};

And then I modified UnitClasses.sqf like this:

// Inner fence guard's secondary weapon (and corresponding magazine type).
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons = [];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_deagle","RH_X2","RH_7Rnd_50_AE"];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_sw659","RH_X2","RH_14Rnd_9x19_sw"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_kimber","RH_X2","RH_7Rnd_45cal_m1911"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_g18","RH_X2","RH_33Rnd_9x19_g18"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_p226","RH_X2","RH_15Rnd_9x19_SIG"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_python","RH_X2","RH_6Rnd_357_Mag"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_bullb","RH_X2","RH_6Rnd_454_Mag"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_uspm","RH_X2","RH_16Rnd_40cal_usp"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_m9","RH_X2","RH_15Rnd_9x19_M9"]];
a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons set [count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons),["RH_g19t","RH_X2","RH_17Rnd_9x19_g17"]];

The item "RH_X2" is the pistol torch. Any idea why this would not work? When I tried it, bag was completely empty. THis is probably a mod issue, so I will ask in the authors thread as well. Any advice would be appreciated though!

Speaking of flashlights, I really think the AI in the RHS versions of escape should always carry flashlights.  Not having any flashlights to salvage makes night operations basically impossible.  The flares really aren't enough, and I think it's reasonable to expect that the soldiers in the RHS versions would have flashlights.

for [{_i = 0}, {_i < 5}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {
		_weapon = a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons select floor(random(count(a3e_arr_PrisonBackpackWeapons)));
		_backpack addWeaponCargoGlobal[(_weapon select 0),1];
		_backpack addItemCargoGlobal[(_weapon select 1),1];		
		_backpack addMagazineCargoGlobal[(_weapon select 2),3];
	};

;)

• Like 2

Just wanted to say that this is an awesome mission and I have had alot of fun for a long time playing it! So huge thanks to the developers!! :)

One question, why is the night so goddamn dark?. Even though its a moonless night, usually you can distinguish the ground from the sky, or see a house that is right in your face. Is there anyway to add a little more light? ;)

One question, why is the night so goddamn dark?. Even though its a moonless night, usually you can distinguish the ground from the sky, or see a house that is right in your face. Is there anyway to add a little more light? ;)

That's just Arma. Set the weather settings to clear to get a little bit starlight.

Well I just realized that none of the AK-type weapons from RHS have compatible slots for flashlights, so it looks like adding flashlights to the AI or the bags would be somewhat useless.  I wish the game had a shoulder or helmet mounted one.

In vanilla the AI has random lasers and flashlights btw. The mission is supporting this, some addons not.

Yeah I remembered that.  I edited escape zombies to replace RHS assets with vanilla assets to hold my group over for now.  Unfortunately the several minute long single digit frame rate is still happening in the beginning, along with other severe framerate drops happening after that.  This is happening for other players too.  Even though the mission is not designed to work with listen servers, I tried running the mission on one, and strangely enough I don't get the massive frame drop at the beginning, I just get a very low overall framerate (20fps and below) most of the time.  I'm kinda baffled as to why that is the case.

Last week I asked, "I know I asked this a while ago, but the mission has been patched a few times since then, and I'm wondering if anything's changed.  Is there also recommended mission difficulty and aiLevelPreset?", but you haven't gotten back to me yet.  I'm just reposting it in case you forgot.

Yeah I remembered that.  I edited escape zombies to replace RHS assets with vanilla assets to hold my group over for now.  Unfortunately the several minute long single digit frame rate is still happening in the beginning, along with other severe framerate drops happening after that.  This is happening for other players too.  Even though the mission is not designed to work with listen servers, I tried running the mission on one, and strangely enough I don't get the massive frame drop at the beginning, I just get a very low overall framerate (20fps and below) most of the time.  I'm kinda baffled as to why that is the case.

Poorly written Zombie/Module scripts, that don't work well with a DS?

Last week I asked, "I know I asked this a while ago, but the mission has been patched a few times since then, and I'm wondering if anything's changed.  Is there also recommended mission difficulty and aiLevelPreset?", but you haven't gotten back to me yet.  I'm just reposting it in case you forgot.

I did^^. When I saw your last message I was not at my computer, so I wasn't able to look at the code.

But the answer: AI level is still fixed at values around 0.1-0.3 (for different parts of AI). The param AI skill has no effect as there is still a bug in dynamically setting the AI skill (when not fixed, the AI will have skill 1.0 or 0.5 most of the time). This is a reported A3 bug and when I have some spare time, I will try to work around it to enable custom settings again.

Poorly written Zombie/Module scripts, that don't work well with a DS?

Maybe.  The creator of the mod has a few missions he made on steam.  Here's one.  It has a fairly large number of zombies, and the framerate is actually very good on dedicated server.  The only big framedrop I get is one at the beginning that's only for a second or so.  It's probably caused by the initally zombies spawning.  Only thing I can think of is maybe too many zombies are spawning and despawning constantly on the escape version?  Maybe your garbage collection script doesn't work well with the modules?  I'm not really sure, I'm just throwing out things that could possibly be related.  Hopefully you guys can work something out, as escape with zombies is extremely fun, the near constant framerate drops are just too much.

I did^^. When I saw your last message I was not at my computer, so I wasn't able to look at the code.

But the answer: AI level is still fixed at values around 0.1-0.3 (for different parts of AI). The param AI skill has no effect as there is still a bug in dynamically setting the AI skill (when not fixed, the AI will have skill 1.0 or 0.5 most of the time). This is a reported A3 bug and when I have some spare time, I will try to work around it to enable custom settings again.

Hmm, yeah I figured that it was broken.  Oh well.  I think the AI difficulty is good for the most part.  It will certainly much better once you get that improved damage handler/revive out.  The only thing I would change for the difficulty is that I think the AI seems to lose track of you too easily, and it takes a very long time before more AI show up.  Even on foot it's really easy to escape on a map with a forest.  I've tried switching the spawn distance parameter between short and long, and it doesn't really seem to help all that much.  I think the number of patrols allowed at any given time might help with this.  If I wanted to increase the amount of patrols, and the spawn rates, what files would I need to edit in the mission?

Maybe your garbage collection script doesn't work well with the modules?

There isn't a garbage collection in Escape anymore. I removed it in favor of a better handling (every patrol/vehicle is now tracking itself, if it has to be removed or not). So this can't interfere witht he zombie modules. Infact I can't think of any script in escape that would interfere with another module. But I suspect A3 is hitting the max amount of units on the map.

If I wanted to increase the amount of patrols, and the spawn rates, what files would I need to edit in the mission?

Don't. The patrol density is fine tuned between max. amount of units that A3 supports and a spawn/despawn distance that isn't noticable when playing. Ever tweak may either break immersion or performance.

There isn't a garbage collection in Escape anymore. I removed it in favor of a better handling (every patrol/vehicle is now tracking itself, if it has to be removed or not). So this can't interfere witht he zombie modules. Infact I can't think of any script in escape that would interfere with another module. But I suspect A3 is hitting the max amount of units on the map.

I'd imagine something like that is happening.  I might try adjusting some of the module parameters myself to see if they make a difference.

Don't. The patrol density is fine tuned between max. amount of units that A3 supports and a spawn/despawn distance that isn't noticable when playing. Ever tweak may either break immersion or performance.

Hmm, if that's the case I'm wondering if patrols and reinforcements can spawn inside forests.  I can't recall the last time I found a patrol in a forest or had reinforcements spawn in a forest.  I'm thinking that since I've mostly played maps like Chernarus and Podagorsk that if AI don't ever spawn in forests, that would definitely explain what I'm seeing.  Again, I could be wrong and I just haven't seen it when patrols/reinforcements do spawn in a forest.