I was able to give the new version a quick test.  I noticed some issues.  It looks like you used an older version of RHS for the missions because none of the RHS versions of the mission load (except for zombie Lingor, but that has it's own issues).  We're using 0.3.9.1.  The zombie version of Lingor has a very strange issue where it starts fine, but after about one minute framerate drops to single digits.  I had a stopwatch going and it took until just over three minutes until the framerate recovered.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  I've tested this a few times and the behavior is consistent.  The server framerate is around 30 if that information is useful.  Lastly, I noticed that when logging into the dedicated server as admin, debug mode is always enabled for the admin regardless of settings, but it's not enabled for anyone else.  Is this intentional?

Besides those issues, I'm looking forward to the full release and I'll keep testing.

Heyho,

yes already found the issue with the RHS config, but it is not an "old config" there is just a typo somewhere that stops the file from beeing processed and results in missing units. Can anyone post a servers RPT so I can locate the error mroe quickly?

Zombie version: That is not a problem in the mission but in the spawn script of zombies. I am working on a solution to this problem (my own zombie spawner/AI) but that will take a while.

Regarding the admin mode: You probably mean the debug console and "splendid cam". Yes, this is active for logged in admins and has nothing to do with mission internal debug mode. The debug mode was deactivated for everyone and only allowed for admins by request (a few post above in this thread).

I always like to have the debug console as admin, as it makes a lot of stoff in coop sessions a lot easier (like checking if something is broken, unstucking players, etc).

Here's a link for the RHS error: http://pastebin.com/wiCrfZgE. I'm not sure how much help it's going to be since the error is simply "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rhs_c_troops", but I guess that narrows down the offending classname. 

Well that kinda sucks about the Zombie version, but I'm glad it's not just me. 

Ok so it was intentional, makes sense.  Thanks for the answers. 

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rhs_c_troops"

Does everyone has this when playing the RHS mission? Which RHS version do you use?

Just checked back with Scruffy and there is only one change in RHS config between 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 and that is confirmed to work (we just checked it ingame).

From your RPT it looks like you or your server doesn't have RHS installed/running.

Try starting your server with "-nologs". Scruffy found out, that the mission will than start as usual. 

We strongly suspect a problem outside of the mission causing the problems.

http://map-builder.info/downloads/co10_Escape_1.7.4_RC2.7z

Attempt to fix some stuff. Also some minor improvements.

Fixed a bug that prevents hacking more than one com center and also the alarm is now shut down after 30 sec.

Also the mission should now load in most cases. Our mission.sqm's suddenly stop working with RHS. Don't know why. They haven't changed since 1.7.3. We were able to fix it with a new compiler step.

I have gotten this exact issue with missions with RHS assets not loading before, and the RHS mod was at fault.  Here's a link to the issue and how it was solved.  It looks like it's happening again because I just tested now with CBA and I can load the mission.  Do you guys always have CBA running on your server?  Try loading the mission without CBA on the server, and see if it works.

I do have RHS version 0.3.9.1 on both my server and client.  You can clearly see that in the RPT I posted on pastebin starting at line 503 that RHS files are being loaded.  The new version of the mission you posted did not fix the issue with RHS I was having.  Adding "-nologs" also did fix the issue, however.  Strangely enough, as I said earlier the zombies version of the mission that uses RHS was able to load for me without adding "-nologs" or CBA to the server.

I have gotten this exact issue with missions with RHS assets not loading before, and the RHS mod was at fault.  Here's a link to the issue and how it was solved.  It looks like it's happening again because I just tested now with CBA and I can load the mission.  Do you guys always have CBA running on your server?  Try loading the mission without CBA on the server, and see if it works.

With the last update we did exactly what your links said to solve the issue. Strangely a missing addOn entry in the mission was never a problem before (only a warning in RPT).

Our new compiler is now autoadding a bunch of addon classes for the server to load:

addOns[]=
	{
		"rhsusf_c_troops","rhs_c_troops","rhs_c_trucks","rhs_c_cars","rhs_c_a2port_car","rhs_c_a2port_air","rhs_c_btr","rhs_cti_insurgents",
		"a3_map_Altis",
		"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
		"a3_characters_f_beta",
		"A3_Static_F_Mortar_01",
		"A3_Armor_F_T100K"
	};

I was able to give the new version a quick test.  I noticed some issues.  It looks like you used an older version of RHS for the missions because none of the RHS versions of the mission load (except for zombie Lingor, but that has it's own issues).  We're using 0.3.9.1.  The zombie version of Lingor has a very strange issue where it starts fine, but after about one minute framerate drops to single digits.  I had a stopwatch going and it took until just over three minutes until the framerate recovered.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  I've tested this a few times and the behavior is consistent.  The server framerate is around 30 if that information is useful.  Lastly, I noticed that when logging into the dedicated server as admin, debug mode is always enabled for the admin regardless of settings, but it's not enabled for anyone else.  Is this intentional?

Besides those issues, I'm looking forward to the full release and I'll keep testing.

Hi Cyprus,

Neo is correct, the Zombie mod does experience some bad FPS spikes... but what you are describing sounds extreme. A few questions:

1. Are you running on a dedicated server?
  2. What spawn settings are you using in the mission parameters for the opposing force? (Far, Medium etc)

We found that a lot of Zombies and a lot of AI could be a real performance killer. So we generally ran with AI spawn at medium on our dedicated and it was OK. With high volume of AI and Far spawn distance, it could really chug though. 

Hi Cyprus,

Neo is correct, the Zombie mod does experience some bad FPS spikes... but what you are describing sounds extreme. A few questions:

1. Are you running on a dedicated server?
  2. What spawn settings are you using in the mission parameters for the opposing force? (Far, Medium etc)

We found that a lot of Zombies and a lot of AI could be a real performance killer. So we generally ran with AI spawn at medium on our dedicated and it was OK. With high volume of AI and Far spawn distance, it could really chug though. 

The issue I'm describing (fine for one minute, sub 10 fps for 3 minutes) only happens at the beginning.  After that it works ok, but I do get some drops to around 20-15fps for a few seconds.  I am running on a dedicated server, however my client and my dedicated server are on the same computer.  I'm using an I5-4690k at 4.5Ghz with 8GB of ram.  It runs most missions that we play very well.  I generally use the medium spawn setting, medium city patrols, and short spawn distance. 

Well I feel kinda stupid.  I just checked and realized that I have been using RC1 all day today and I thought I was using RC2.  I tried to load up a RC2 mission without CBA and it worked.  One thing I noticed with RC2 is that there's no difference between the names of the zombie versions and the regular versions, but at least that's a quick fix.  I'll give the RC2 version of the zombies mission a test tomorrow to see if it helps mitigate the issues I'm seeing with it.

One thing I noticed with RC2 is that there's no difference between the names of the zombie versions and the regular versions, but at least that's a quick fix.  I'll give the RC2 version of the zombies mission a test tomorrow to see if it helps mitigate the issues I'm seeing with it.

Yes, I forgot to accommodate for the compiler changes when it selects the mission name :(

Already fixed locally ;)

So everything else works now?

Well it looks like the RC2 version of escape zombies doesn't just have the wrong name; it has no zombies.  I opened up the mission in the editor and I don't see any zombie spawning modules in RC2, but I do see them in RC1.  Did you already fix this or were you referring to just the name error?

Also, right now in the zombie mission the zombie's are set to independent, but most of the enemy units also seem to be the independent faction from RHS.  Is this intentional?  It's kinda lame seeing the soldiers completely ignore the zombies. 

Callmesarge, would you mind sending me your version of escape zombies so I can see if it has the same framerate issues that Neo's has as of right now?  And does your version still use Opfor only for all non-zombie units? If it does I'd like to know what to edit exactly.  I saw you ask about how to do this on the last page, but it looks like you figured it out yourself because NeoArmageddon never replied to you about how to do it

The RC2 ist just the mission from the vanilla one... that's the reason the name is not correct and there are no module.

The RC1 mission is 1:1 the mission from callmesarge, so they suffer the same problems (including some soldiers being INDEP together with the zombies). Changing the faction is not a trivial task, as the sides are distributes all over the code (a relict from engimas A2 code).

Re the Zombies, am currently planning to use multiple spawn modules across the map

hmm that seems like a lot of work, i recently searched the ryan's zombies and demons discussion page and found an auto-spawn script that you put in the init(All credit goes to -CML- CaptainMittens for making this amazing script) it constantly spawns zombies around the player in a certain radius it adds much more of a walking dead feel with slow zombies to it feel free to use it instead of the spawners

link to his script here

// Copy and Paste this into a script file, or the bottom of your Init
// to have zombies constantly spawn around your players.
// this is designed to be combined with the auto deletion module
// So it'll kill zeds that players run away from if they're the slow zombies etc.
// the low count of 5 is designed for a multiplayer environment as each player will have their //own zeds around them. So with 10 players it's up to 50 zeds when set to 5.
// Currently does not work with ACE.

// hint "0";
_i = [] spawn { 

_maxZombies = 50; //maximum zombies alive
_distance = 300; //farthest they'll spawn from player
_addMed =0; // allow medium zombies, set to 0 for slow only.

_ZombiesSlow= ["RyanZombieC_man_1SlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_pilot_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_journalist_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_OrestesSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_NikosSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_scientist_FSlowOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_FSlowOpfor"];
_ZombiesFast = ["RyanZombieC_man_1MediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_pilot_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_journalist_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_OrestesMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_NikosMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_scientist_FMediumOpfor","RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_FMediumOpfor"];
_sZedsNum = count _ZombiesSlow;
_mZedsNum = count _ZombiesFast;
_startTime = time;
_initialBurst = 4;
_spawnTroops = true;

// hint "1";
AttackGroup = createGroup east;
while { _spawnTroops } do
{
// hint "2";
if( count units AttackGroup < _maxZombies) then 
{ 
// hint "3";

_fastSlow = random 3;

_ZedType = _ZombiesSlow select (floor ( random _sZedsNum ));

if ( _fastSlow > 2 and _addMed == 1) then 
{
_ZedType =_ZombiesFast select (floor ( random _mZedsNum ));

};

_plusX = random 2;
if(_plusX > 1 ) then 
{
_plusX = 1;
};
if(_plusX < 1) then {
_plusX = -1;
};

_plusY = random 2;
if(_plusY >1 ) then 
{
_plusY = 1;
};
if(_plusY < 1) then {
_plusY = -1;
};

_posY = 50 + random _distance;
_posX = 50 + random _distance;

_posY = _posY * _plusY;
_posX = _posX * _plusX;

spawnPos = getPos Player;
spawnPos = [(spawnPos select 0) + _posX, (spawnPos select 1) + _posY, 0];
objPos = getPos Player;

// hint "4";
unit1 = AttackGroup createUnit [_ZedType, spawnPos, [], 1, "FORM"];
// hint "5";

wp = AttackGroup addWaypoint [objPos,0]; 
wp setWaypointSpeed "Full"; 
wp setWaypointType "MOVE"; 
wp setWaypointBehaviour "COMBAT"; 

};
if( !Alive player) then
{
_spawnTroops = false;
};
sleep 5;
}; 
};
  • Like 1

hmm that seems like a lot of work, i recently searched the ryan's zombies and demons discussion page and found an auto-spawn script that you put in the init(All credit goes to -CML- CaptainMittens for making this amazing script) it constantly spawns zombies around the player in a certain radius it adds much more of a walking dead feel with slow zombies to it feel free to use it instead of the spawners

Yeah, it is, although it only takes me about 10 minutes to populate a map. The approach below sounds very cool, but it is not how I wanted my version of the mission to play. So let me explain my method, and why I prefer it.

When adding zombies to an escape mission, I first create 4 spawners at the edge of the map, and label them clearly:

• A low spawner - 18 zombies, 90 second start delay, 180 second respawn delay, spawn range 500, activation Bluefor only
  • A medium spawner - 32 zombies, 60 second start delay, 180 second respawn delay, spawn range 500, activation Bluefor only
  • A high spawner - 50 zombies, 30 second start delay, 60 second respawn delay, spawn range 500, activation Bluefor only
  • A demon spawner - 2 demons, 90 second start delay, 180 second respawn delay, spawn range 500, activation Bluefor only

I start by placing the high spawners near the evac points. This means the players need to defend hard whilst waiting for the choppers. It also looks cool as fuck when the Apache flies in and gives the horde the good news  :lol: . The demon spawners go on points of interest, usually associated with high ground. I then balance the remainder of the map between low and medium spawners, with a couple more high ones chucked in at random. On average, it is one spawner for every square kilometer, although this is not a hard and fast rule. I try to avoid spawners in cities, but I encourage spawners by comms centres, as it adds pressure to players. I also include some zombies as independent spawns in UnitClasses.sqf. This means the players hear a lot of gunfire in the distance as zombie and opfor units spawn in the towns. Of course, Civil War mode needs to be on. 

The rationale behind this approach is that Zombies are more dangerous in hordes. A few stragglers poses little or no risk to a team with even the most basic arms, but a group of rushing fast zombies can overrun a team in seconds. We have found the best tactic is for the team to line up and engage the zombies together. The most fun moments have come when we take on both Opfor and Zombies simultaneously. I have lost count of the number of times the zombies have flanked and gotten right up on us when we were pre-occupied with engaging opfor. 

However - I think your suggestion could work if you ran it with ASR AI or something similar - that would make staying quiet way more important, and add a risk reward proposition (similar to DayZ) regarding whether you engage the zombies or not. With default arma 3 AI, units will ignore a firefight 500m away as long as they are not getting hit... 

Also, my ham fisted version of the mission does have an issue I have not gotten around yet - Zombies will kill a player outright with no revive options, so when you respawn, it is with a map and a weapon. My limited scripting skills cannot solve this problem yet.

I am working on a tweaked version of the lingor mission now, and due to demand from my clan mates, I am also adding the the raptors from Jurrasic Arma. Yeah, it's gonna be real dumb, but a lot of fun I hope as well! Will post an update on this as it goes along.

• Like 1

However - I think your suggestion could work if you ran it with ASR AI or something similar - that would make staying quiet way more important, and add a risk reward proposition (similar to DayZ) regarding whether you engage the zombies or not. With default arma 3 AI, units will ignore a firefight 500m away as long as they are not getting hit... 

I'll try your suggestion with a friend i'll let you know how it goes also I completely agree with your statements and i look forward to testing your mission if you do make it public :D

So a while ago I know I was complaining about being one hit killed by the AI every time, and while changing my ai settings on the server seemed to have fixed it, for whatever reason it's back.  I have confirmed that one shot from any weapon instant kills no matter what armor we're using.  Even a 9mm pistol round to the chest when wearing a carrier gl rig will one shot kill. 

I recorded 3 videos of it in action under different circumstances, and I also have the server RPT for the second and third videos.  I'll upload the second RPT to dropbox or something if necessary, but I tried uploading it to pastebin, and it's apparantly too large for pastebin.  It's an RPT for my run on escape altis 1.7.3, so I don't think it's as important anyways. 

This server RPT applies to the second two videos. 

the first video.  In this video I ran Escape Altis 1.7.3 with several mods on both the server and client.  I first shoot my friend in the head and revive him to make sure he's at 100% health.  After reviving him I try shooting him in the chest, and you can see he dies in one shoot.  I revived him and shot him again in the chest, and I killed him in one hit. 

the second.  In this video I ran Escape Altis 1.7.4 with no mods on the server and no mods on our clients.  In this one you can see I started the mission with no mods, and once we kill the prison guards we run a test with both the zubr pistol and a 9mm pistol and in both tests it's a one shot kill.  There's a short freeze shortly after the mission loads, but that's just me alt-tabbing for a second.

the third.  In this video I ran Escape Altis 1.7.4 with no mods on the server and no mods on our clients.  In this one as soon as the mission started I immediately picked up the backpack and tested a 9mm pistol.  It was still a one shot kill when he was wearing a carrier rig.  This was right at the beginning, so I know he was at 100% health when I shot him.

I played a couple other missions and I did not see this issue.  I only saw it on any version of the escape mission, and strangely enough I even saw it on version 4.37 of Escape Roy by Roy Wheels.  So it has something to do with the escape mission.  I hope all this information I've given you helps you get to the bottom of this issue quickly. 

The only thing that can possible causing it is the Revives Eventhandler but you said that also Roys mission have it (and afaik he uses another revive) it is not a problem with my revive script but with hit eventhandlers in general. So this would be a engine, not a mission problem. Only fix would be using no revive at all.

By the way: I don't experience this one shot kills (when we play we often get wounded but survive). So I suspect it has something to do with server or client FPS.

I tried a mission from the Sigma Quadrant series, and it has a revive.  I did not experience the issue there.  So I'm guessing that maybe it's the particular type or types of revive that you and Roy are using causing the issue. 

As to framerate, you can clearly see my client's frame rate is 30-60fps, and the minimums are much higher when I'm not recording.  I didn't have the server fps monitor up but I usually get 40fps except in very heavy fighting on escape.

If you do get the chance try to just pick up a pistol and shoot a teammate once.  If they die when wearing a carrier rig or something like that, you'll know the bug's affecting you too.

If you do get the chance try to just pick up a pistol and shoot a teammate once.  If they die when wearing a carrier rig or something like that, you'll know the bug's affecting you too.

We had done this before and we didn't had this bug. We once has the invulnarability-bug a year ago, but that is fixed.

Also shooting someone with a pistol is an instant kill on short distance since quite some time even in vanilla arma. We tested this ina plain editor map. That has nothing to do with Escape.

Just attach an hit eventhandler to a unit and watch the damage values shooting with a pistol, it is >1 nearly all the time. You can clearly verify that yourself.

(Disclaimer: Last tested before latest patch, but haven't noticed any change since then in my own sessions.)

When wearing no armor, yes, one hit does kill, but I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about one shot from to the chest of someone wearing a carrier gl rig vest being killed in one hit.  On any other mission it takes 4 chest shots with the PD7 (9mm pistol), to kill someone wearing a carrier gl rig vest at close range.  On the escape missions, it takes one hit from every weapon I tested, from the PD7 to an lmg. 

When wearing no armor, yes, one hit does kill, but I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about one shot from to the chest of someone wearing a carrier gl rig vest being killed in one hit.  On any other mission it takes 4 chest shots with the PD7 (9mm pistol), to kill someone wearing a carrier gl rig vest at close range.  On the escape missions, it takes one hit from every weapon I tested, from the PD7 to an lmg. 

Can't confirm. Pistol does a lot of dammage regardless of armour type. Which escape to do you use? Do you realize that the vests of the insurgents/FIA in all non vanilla escapes (RHS and LOP) has NO armor value?

In my second and third video I used vanilla 1.7.4, and you can clearly see me click on that version in the second video that I linked, but I did see the issue in 1.7.3.  I've suspected the issue for a while, but it wasn't until today that i tried to really nail it down and test to see if my suspicions were correct.  Yes I do know that most of the vests that the FIA/insurgents have no armor value.  However, in all the videos I linked, you can clearly see that my friend was wearing a carrier special rig when he was killed in one shot to the chest from a 9mm pistol.  This is happening with a 100% success rate.  I have tested multiple times, as you can see in the videos I linked. 

In my second and third video I used vanilla 1.7.4, and you can clearly see me click on that version in the second video that I linked, but I did see the issue in 1.7.3.  I've suspected the issue for a while, but it wasn't until today that i tried to really nail it down and test to see if my suspicions were correct.  Yes I do know that most of the vests that the FIA/insurgents have no armor value.  However, in all the videos I linked, you can clearly see that my friend was wearing a carrier special rig when he was killed in one shot to the chest from a 9mm pistol.  This is happening with a 100% success rate.  I have tested multiple times, as you can see in the videos I linked. 

I can't see the videos right now as I only have my mobile phone for this week.

But I am 99,9% 50% sure that this is not a problem I can fix mission side because of serveral reasons:

1) I can't confirm this problem on my computer

2) I can't confirm this problem on my DS server with my squad

3) When it is indeed a problem with server FPS/eventhandler it is nothing I can fix besides removing the revive (Escape will only work with hit-eventhandlers-revive scripts, everything else will break the missionflow completly).

What is your difficulty setting? With some settings FF makes far more /far less damage than normal hits.

Well the server I have it set to aiLevelPreset=1, and I've never changed the enemy skill from the default of easy.