Can you maybe help me with something. I do not understand the view distance settings. On my dedicated server I have set "viewDistance=5500;" and on my client I have more than that. However the viewdistance seems to be locked to a much lower setting. Has this ever happened to you with escape - or is this something I have messed up on my end?

Also, would integrating this cause any issues?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19751

Okay, I've hit a dead end trying to integrate the TAW script into the mission. The problem is that the TAW script needs to define files in the class CfgFunctions of description, however the cfgfunctions are moved to a different folder in this mission. So now if I include the TAW script in the mission\include\functions.hpp the files that TAW tries to read need to be inside the include folder. However the scripts wants these files to be in the root of the mission.

I have the exact same problem when trying to integrate simple mines script and little immersion tweaks, another two scripts. Any idea how I can solve this?

What revive are you using? is it an off the shelf one or one you have created? it works great for us and we were wondering if there was a way to use it in other missions, any chance you could point us in the right direction?

What revive are you using? is it an off the shelf one or one you have created? it works great for us and we were wondering if there was a way to use it in other missions, any chance you could point us in the right direction?

this one seems fairly identical:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20897

It is a custom revive. In the first A3 iteration the Escaped used Farooq's, but it caused a lot of troubles, so I created by own one.

If you want to use it in your own mission, just unpack an Escape and copy the Revive folder. The activation line is in initClient.sqf. Keep in mind, that the Revive is a "no Respawn" Revive.

And keep proper credits of course ;)

I love this mission, it is great!

I have made a port to Lingor for my group, and factored in the Zombies and Demons mod. Its pretty fun right now. A few questions:

1. If I wanted the enemy force to be OPFO only, would I just leave all the independent fields blank in UnitClasses.sqf?
  2. Playing the RHS/CAF version, my group were getting owned hard my the tail gunner in the first chopper - is there anyway to make him less - devestating? Should I just switch the unit?
  3. I set the base guards to be African Pirates faction form CAF - one kept spawning with NVGs, no matter what the time of day - any idea why?

I love this mission, it is great!

Thanks!

I have made a port to Lingor for my group, and factored in the Zombies and Demons mod. Its pretty fun right now. A few questions:

Lingor will offically be in the next update. It is playtested right now. But I am interested min how you added the "Zombies & Deamons" as I were thinkering with the idea of AddOn a Zombieversion myself.

If I wanted the enemy force to be OPFO only, would I just leave all the independent fields blank in UnitClasses.sqf?

No, that will result in empty groups and scripterrors, as the Mission assumes both factions, OPFOR and INDEP. But you can change the faction of INDEP to east in the main config and copy the OPFOR units in unitclasses.sqf to the indept arrays. That will make the mission spawn OPFOR soldiers only.

Playing the RHS/CAF version, my group were getting owned hard my the tail gunner in the first chopper - is there anyway to make him less - devestating? Should I just switch the unit?

I like how the Mi-17 is so overpowered against infantry :D But if you don't like it, just change the classnames to something different.

I set the base guards to be African Pirates faction form CAF - one kept spawning with NVGs, no matter what the time of day - any idea why?

Yes, the NVGs from some units are not default A3 NVGs and thus the script that removes them, is not aware of em. I am at work and can't give you the correct function to add the nvg class right now, but it has to be fn_onGeneralSoldierSpawn or something like that.

Thanks for the quick reply Neo! I am a bit stuck with what you suggested for making the mission opfor only though. You said:

But you can change the faction of INDEP to east in the main config

Is that in config.sqf - because I could not see where? My best guess was that I would need to edit fn_AmbientInfantry.sqffn_InitAquaticPatrols.sqffn_MilitaryTraffic.sqf and fn_RoadBlocks.sqf. I wanted to double check before I started editing though! :) I can see where to change the units in unitclasses.sqf no problem.

Re the Zombies, am currently planning to use multiple spawn modules across the map. They are currently set as follows:

CTi1SGkl.jpg

These settings are a bit OP right now, as you can get hoard rushed pretty quick - its a work in progress.

The modules are placed like this, mostly away from towns, as i focused the village patrol placements heavily on the towns. The red markers are for debug only and show the rough spawn trigger areas.

IqkJRRgl.jpg

Here is a video showing what it was like with these settings - both time we were engaged by the zed almost straight away:

Wow, I don't suppose the enemy AI attacks zombies, do they? That's really cool. Maybe a bit overkill on the # of zombies though, haha. My group would love this.

And we had similar issues with that damn RHS/RHS CAF heli. I just changed it myself, to an armed little bird. It's under Unitclasses, under a3e_arr_searchChopper.

Lastly, since we started getting irritated at that loud-as-hell alarm going off, I figured out how to disable that as well. I understand why it's there, it's just annoying that it can't be turned off or anything, in-game. :)

To disable it, go to fn_briefing.sqf (under Mission folder -> Functions -> Common), look for "AlarmSFX" and change it to $NONE$

It should look like this:

_trigger setSoundEffect ["$NONE$", "", "", "AlarmSFX"];

changed into:

_trigger setSoundEffect ["$NONE$", "", "", "$NONE$"];

Still anxiously awaiting the next update!

• Like 1

Wow, I don't suppose the enemy AI attacks zombies, do they?

With Spawner Module, set the Zombies to spawn as Independent. Then set Independents as friendly to 'No One' (In Advanced Intel). I'm assuming that should work. 

With Spawner Module, set the Zombies to spawn as Independent. Then set Independents as friendly to 'No One' (In Advanced Intel). I'm assuming that should work. 

I might wait and see if they're put in for the next release. Currently quite happy playing with CUP weapons after adding them in.. I highly recommend anyone interested in weapon variety (forsaking realism... but I mean, it's a game!) check it out!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27489

It's also on the Steam workshop. There's also a vehicles and units pack, for the oldschool ARMA 2 vehicles and infantry. The weapons are pretty decent quality, all the ARMA 2 + OA weapons brought up to ARMA 3 standards, with the ability to accept most of the ARMA 3 ammo and attachments.

Yup, thats what I did - we play tested last night and it is pretty fun.

i started spawning zombies in place for INDEP, meaning there is always some shooting going on - and littered the island with spawners, so if you are moving on foot, you get hoard rushed fairly often. It was pretty fun, especially when you are caught between an armed patrol and the zombie hoard! Currently I am doing a heavily modded version for my group (including TRYK, WS_weapons and RHS/CAF). The main issue is editing the zombie spawner rates so you get enough to be interesting without getting overwhelmed (as in the video above). Once I get it to a state I am happy with, I will post here with a mod free version, given current commitments that might be a week or 2 away though!

Yup, thats what I did - we play tested last night and it is pretty fun.

i started spawning zombies in place for INDEP, meaning there is always some shooting going on - and littered the island with spawners, so if you are moving on foot, you get hoard rushed fairly often. It was pretty fun, especially when you are caught between an armed patrol and the zombie hoard! Currently I am doing a heavily modded version for my group (including TRYK, WS_weapons and RHS/CAF). The main issue is editing the zombie spawner rates so you get enough to be interesting without getting overwhelmed (as in the video above). Once I get it to a state I am happy with, I will post here with a mod free version, given current commitments that might be a week or 2 away though!

Sounds awesome! Are you playing on a dedicated server? If not, how does it affect performance? I'm looking into getting a ded server started, primarily for this map, after playing exclusively on listen servers... I feel like the extra zombie AI might bog down a listen server though. :X

And what's WS_Weapons? All I can find on it, is that it seems related to RHS, but I see you already play with RHS.

Sorry for the slow reply Rhett, was away on vacation.

Performance - still testing but it seems ok - yes, playing on a dedicated box. You get some stutter / FPS spikes when a large hoard spawns, but other than that it seems ok. We are doing a playtest this evening, will report back on how that goes.

WS_Weapons is the Wasteland weapons mod, part of SaMatra's excellent wasteland mission. It combines most of Toadie2k's work with RHS stuff. I use it for my group as we often play wasteland, and it means we have one mod to manage (with an updater) rather than several. We use WS_RHS similarly. You can get the wasteland launcher here: https://wasteland.arma.su/

If this test goes well, i will release the mission here (with Neo's permission of course) and include a mod free version.

(with Neo's permission of course)

Of course. If you send me the raw unpacked mission I can test your modifications with the automatic mission compiler I use to maintain the missionpack.

Has anyone already done an Esseker port of the mission? That'd be really great, given that my last tries to export it to other maps have... let's just say not been very successfull. :D

Has anyone already done an Esseker port of the mission? That'd be really great, given that my last tries to export it to other maps have... let's just say not been very successfull. :D

We are working on Esseker and Panthera.

• Like 1

Since NeoArmageddon didn't reply to me anyway, here are my fixes to 1.7.3 version.

Common fixes (for all versions and worlds):

• potential errors in artillery script
  • error in extraction point generation in Far and Close modes (last point is always picked)
  • syntax error in fn_DepopulateAquaticPatrol
  • potential error in fn_SearchGroup
  • SearchDrone function is not initialized
  • error in Civilian Enemy and Reinforcement Truck
  • race condition in Civilian Reporting
RHS fixes:
  • optics probability increased
  • recon (VDV) vehicles and soldiers classes for the last RHS version (0.3.9.1)
  • all heavy choppers are now attack, no more rockets at mission start
  • NV param fix
  • class for additional weapon box at Ammo Depots 
Fixed files: commonRHS

Escape_Vanilla and Escape_RHS missions for Altis: VanillaRHS

• Like 1

Since NeoArmageddon didn't reply to me anyway, here are my fixes to 1.7.3 version

That is not what you wrote me in the PM:

Hey, it's months since the last Escape release. Could you please send me the last version, we'll test it with our team? I'll report you all found bugs.

I always prefer sending fixes for the main branch directly to me via PM or Git!

When you had said you want to apply fixes, I could have given you direct access to our Git repository. With your edited file sit will be very cumbersome for me to include them in 1.7.4, especially as most of them are already fixed there.

The zombies variant has been fun to play, here is a video of 30 minutes of us trying to escape the island and the zombies:

Release candidate for 1.7.4:

http://map-builder.info/downloads/co10_Escape_RHS_1.7.4_RC1.7z

Complete changelog later, but Scruffy and me added support for Icebreakrs splendid Panthera and Lingor.

We also added the experimental Zombie Lingor version from callmesarge and tried to merge some changes dystopian1 uploaded.

And there are also a lot more fixes, changes and improvements including the option to move the Revive camera (HSC) and to switch back to the old "simple" camera. Also the revive camera is now anglefixed, so it won't turn anymore, when the watched player turns.

Oh, and also unconscious player in deep water are now washed ashore ;)

The changes are not as many as you guys are used to get. I am busy writing my masters thesis at the moment :(

And a reminder:

This mission was made with dedicated server in mind and only tested with such a setup. If you insist on running the mission locally, start a dedicated A3 server in the background with "-server"-command.

• Like 2

Hiya, we're having an issue where most of the armor at communication centers, and some armor around the map, spawns upside down. The crewmen bail, and we're left without a good fight.

We've also noticed that there are no patrols associated with the comm centers or with depots. There's just the static gun emplacements. I really enjoyed the multiple patrols in the original that you had to either evade or destroy to get at the centers.

Love the mission, thanks so much for porting it over.

We've also noticed that there are no patrols associated with the comm centers or with depots. There's just the static gun emplacements. I really enjoyed the multiple patrols in the original that you had to either evade or destroy to get at the centers.

It is definitly a bug ad most probably a typo in the unit config of one of the unit setups. It would be very helpful if you can say which version is affected. The download consists of more than 80 missions with more than 10 different unit setups.

And the "upsidedown" tanks are missconfigured addons (either vehicles or terrains) with inproper bounding boxes. Nothing I can fix mission side.

It is definitly a bug ad most probably a typo in the unit config of one of the unit setups. It would be very helpful if you can say which version is affected. The download consists of more than 80 missions with more than 10 different unit setups.

And the "upsidedown" tanks are missconfigured addons (either vehicles or terrains) with inproper bounding boxes. Nothing I can fix mission side.

Sorry, I should have said. These are the RHS Escape missions, tested to have no patrols on Chernarus and Podagorsk.

Sorry, I should have said. These are the RHS Escape missions, tested to have no patrols on Chernarus and Podagorsk.

Post your servers rpt please.