Love this mission - we've played since the original was made for Arma2. 

My only small suggestion would be to remove the player's starting headgear and vest.  If they really were captured, it's likely the enemy would take these away from them at first opportunity.  It would also make it more interesting to have to scavenge for armor and helmets as you play.

Great stuff either way!

edit: I'm also a little baffled by the complaints about this mission being too hard.  It's about escaping, not about amassing a big quantity of weapons and "assaulting a base" after you "clear the hills".  If you want that play something else.  The only time I've ever beaten this mission was with my two friends and we basically didn't fire a shot after killing the beginning guards and (luckily) finding a map.  I purposefully don't pick up AT weapons because then I get tempted to try to duke it out with the BTRs and BMPs that spawn - when in reality you'd just be running for your life in the opposite direction, throwing away everything that would make you slower!

Hey guys, maybe I can get some help on this. Going back to my prior issues a couple pages back.

When starting this match whether we have mods on or off, everybody in my game will crash to desktop except the host. Whether I host, or two of my friends try to host. When we try to start a match, everybody except the host will crash to desktop before getting into the game. usually crashes when trying to get into the pre-planning part, or when loading into the game.

Would an RPT file help figure out this issue?

Originally, reinstalling arma fixed the issue, but I just reinstalled windows to upgrade to windows 10 and installed arma at the same time. A fresh arma and windows did not fix the issue so I'm lost on where to go from here.

edit: I'm also a little baffled by the complaints about this mission being too hard.  It's about escaping, not about amassing a big quantity of weapons and "assaulting a base" after you "clear the hills".  If you want that play something else.  The only time I've ever beaten this mission was with my two friends and we basically didn't fire a shot after killing the beginning guards and (luckily) finding a map.  I purposefully don't pick up AT weapons because then I get tempted to try to duke it out with the BTRs and BMPs that spawn - when in reality you'd just be running for your life in the opposite direction, throwing away everything that would make you slower!

Well, there are plenty of ways to play the mission. That's why it kicks ass and is so much more enjoyable than 90% of whatever missions are tossed up on the workshop, for example. I really wish there were more dynamic free-flowing missions like this. Me and my friends often don't even try to escape, just try to survive and have fun (though we have escaped a few times). I still just really wish all enemies could have randomized loadouts that included mods and their weapons/attachments though. I'd be satisfied with any new features though.

Still looking forward to the next version (coming up on 4 months!), and hope the creators are doing well. :)

Would an RPT file help figure out this issue?

Probably yes. But it sounds like something is wrong with your setup/mods.

Well, there are plenty of ways to play the mission. That's why it kicks ass and is so much more enjoyable than 90% of whatever missions are tossed up on the workshop, for example. I really wish there were more dynamic free-flowing missions like this. Me and my friends often don't even try to escape, just try to survive and have fun (though we have escaped a few times). I still just really wish all enemies could have randomized loadouts that included mods and their weapons/attachments though. I'd be satisfied with any new features though.

Still looking forward to the next version (coming up on 4 months!), and hope the creators are doing well. :)

I was on a 4 day trip to Berlin last week and camping over the weekend, I thought I could get the new version out before all that, but plaiyng Escape myself got in the way of that :D

I will try to eliminate all remaining bugs this evening.

Maybe a little teaser for the version 1.7.4 (mostly a bugfix/streamline update):

We fixed a lot of bugs, added new Units/weapons/terrains (for example the new RHS update).

The revive cam can now be configured to use the new cam system or the old 1st/3rd person view. Also The cam should be more nausea friendly.

Scruffy rebalanced some stuff (especially the occurence of heavy tanks, you will now encounter more BTRs etc instead of heavy armor).

Some difficulty improvements (setting wise).

That's good to see.  One bug I hope you fixed is the debug mode option, because as of right now debug mode is on regardless of what it's set to in the options.  Debug mode actually allows for a very interesting cheat which because of the way the spectator mode and the camera works, you can teleport your dead body.  It's hard for me and my friends to resist cheating that way, so fixing that bug would allow for a greater challenge for us.  I mentioned this bug earlier, but I'm not sure if you saw it. 

I hope you can get it out asap, as I want to get to work porting this mission to other maps, as I have a lot of maps I think Escape would be very fun on, but I don't want to do it until the latest version is ready to go.

Man i always get nervous when people start taking about making escape easier. On the 1-3 player setting the mission is a piece of cake as it is. Currently i play it on 4-6 player setting no matter how many people are playing. I really hope this amazingly challenging mission hasn't been nerfd because of a few whiners. Good to hear you're adding more items as well that probably was my only gripe with the rhs versions was getting to the cashe and not really finding anything i really liked. As for maps any chance of helvantis, kunduz or caribou frontier?

That's good to see.  One bug I hope you fixed is the debug mode option, because as of right now debug mode is on regardless of what it's set to in the options.  Debug mode actually allows for a very interesting cheat which because of the way the spectator mode and the camera works, you can teleport your dead body.  It's hard for me and my friends to resist cheating that way, so fixing that bug would allow for a greater challenge for us.  I mentioned this bug earlier, but I'm not sure if you saw it. 

I hope you can get it out asap, as I want to get to work porting this mission to other maps, as I have a lot of maps I think Escape would be very fun on, but I don't want to do it until the latest version is ready to go.

The spectator cam is not a bug and is not linked to debug mode ;) I will disable the spectator cam.

You can port the map regardless of the update. As map data and codebase is seperate, the code can be updated for every terrain without much work. Make sure you sent me your mission.sqm, and island files (ComCenter marker, etc) when you have ported the mission, so I can add the terrain to the next release.

Man i always get nervous when people start taking about making escape easier. On the 1-3 player setting the mission is a piece of cake as it is. Currently i play it on 4-6 player setting no matter how many people are playing. I really hope this amazingly challenging mission hasn't been nerfd because of a few whiners. Good to hear you're adding more items as well that probably was my only gripe with the rhs versions was getting to the cashe and not really finding anything i really liked. As for maps any chance of helvantis, kunduz or caribou frontier?

No need to be nervous. Mission was rebalanced, not made easier ;)

Caribou is listed on scruffy ToDo-list. Same as FSF Al Rayak and Icebreakrs awesome Panthera.

depbo, open description.ext and change "enableDebugConsole = 2;" to 1 or 0. -- 1 will allow only the admin to use it, 0 will disable for everyone.

Don't fret, most of the changes neo listed are limited to unitclasses, which we've been lucky enough Enigma (author) made easely editable. You can just make this into a godmode shitstorm of epic proportions by yourself if you want.

The spectator cam is not a bug and is not linked to debug mode ;) I will disable the spectator cam.

You can port the map regardless of the update. As map data and codebase is seperate, the code can be updated for every terrain without much work. Make sure you sent me your mission.sqm, and island files (ComCenter marker, etc) when you have ported the mission, so I can add the terrain to the next release.

Hmm, I guess I have no excuse not to port it now. 

And what I mean by the spectator cam bug is that when debug mode is active, you can go into the Splendid Camera.  When in the Splendid Camera, you can use the arrow keys to change the person you're spectating.  On rare occasions, pressing the arrow keys does nothing, but most of the time it works.  If you're dead and press spacebar while spectating someone else, you teleport your dead body right under them, allowing for an easy revive.  So it's not the spectator camera, I should've said it's the Splendid Camera.  What's hilarious about it though is if you die in a vehicle, your body stays in the vehicle, so when you teleport your body using the bug, it brings the vehicle along with you.  Give it a try, it's really funny. 

Hmm, I guess I have no excuse not to port it now. 

And what I mean by the spectator cam bug is that when debug mode is active, you can go into the Splendid Camera.  When in the Splendid Camera, you can use the arrow keys to change the person you're spectating.  On rare occasions, pressing the arrow keys does nothing, but most of the time it works.  If you're dead and press spacebar while spectating someone else, you teleport your dead body right under them, allowing for an easy revive.  So it's not the spectator camera, I should've said it's the Splendid Camera.  What's hilarious about it though is if you die in a vehicle, your body stays in the vehicle, so when you teleport your body using the bug, it brings the vehicle along with you.  Give it a try, it's really funny. 

I know that you meant the Splendid cam, and no, it is not a bug in the debug mode. Just the description.ext settings I choosed when developing Escape.

Will there be native support for CUP once they(/you too?) get a stable release of all branches?

My small coop-group is slowly recovering from summer gaming-hiatus, and we are eagerly awaiting the additional polish the next version will bring.

Will there be native support for CUP once they(/you too?) get a stable release of all branches?

My small coop-group is slowly recovering from summer gaming-hiatus, and we are eagerly awaiting the additional polish the next version will bring.

Absolutly. Infact most of the unitclasses is already ready and our squad version of Escape already incorporates most CUP weapons. But for a dedicated CUP version we have to wait for the next vehicles update.

I'm curious if it would be possible to add a setting that enables the ACE wounding mechanism.  Right now we're playing with ACE enabled, and the revive system (obviously) interferes with it.

Any ideas?

I'm curious if it would be possible to add a setting that enables the ACE wounding mechanism.  Right now we're playing with ACE enabled, and the revive system (obviously) interferes with it.

Any ideas?

I don't use ACE, so I have no idea how to exchange the revives and how this would affect the gameplay (how I check for every player unconscious? Where do I add the medical supplies?).

I read somewhere in this thread, that somebody already added the ACE compatibility to the mission. Maybe the person(s) want to share the changes?

At our server we just disabled ACE Medical System, all other functions work OK.

Delete ace_medical.pbo to disable.

Any ideas?

Yes. The call for the revive-script is in the initPlayerLocal.sqf.

Just replace line 11:

call compile preprocessFile "Revive\reviveInit.sqf";

with:

if !(isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ACE_Medical")) then {

call compile preprocessFile "Revive\reviveInit.sqf";

};

That way the revive script will only be active when you haven't got ace_medical active. You should definitely use

class ace_medical_preventInstaDeath {

value = 1;

typeName = "BOOL";

force = 1;

};

class ace_medical_enableRevive {

value = 1;

typeName = "SCALAR";

force = 1;

};

class ace_medical_maxReviveTime {

value = 1800;

typeName = "SCALAR";

force = 1;

};

though.

Thanks for the snippet. I want to add that one must also change the dynamically generated triggers for mission ending to cope with the ACE unconscious state. Otherweise the mission won't end if all players are unconscious.

Are the ace_medical_*** classes added in a config or in the description.ext?

Thanks for the snippet. I want to add that one must also change the dynamically generated triggers for mission ending to cope with the ACE unconscious state. Otherweise the mission won't end if all players are unconscious.

Are the ace_medical_*** classes added in a config or in the description.ext?

Yes, they are, inside a

class ACE_Settings {

/*code*/

};

(http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html)

The mission ending could be triggered by

{_x getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", true];} forEach allPlayers;

or something along those lines.

Better use

{_x getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false];} count allPlayers == count allPlayers;

otherwise the mission will end if nobody runs ACE :D

is there a way I could make the AI only use the roads for patrols when unaware of my position? So that when they aren't actually hunting my last known position, they'd only patrol the roads? Or at least set the stance of patrols to careless, so they stick to the roads as much as possible?

is there a way I could make the AI only use the roads for patrols when unaware of my position? So that when they aren't actually hunting my last known position, they'd only patrol the roads? Or at least set the stance of patrols to careless, so they stick to the roads as much as possible?

"Careless" will make them quite stupid too. If I am correct, they are patrolling now with "Safe", which is basically the same as "Careless" but .... with more "Care". They should stick to roads, if they see some on their path.

But when you really want to modify the AI, have a look at the functions/AI/fn_Patrol.sqf and fn_move.sqf file.

• Like 1

Hello!

I wanted to host this, to play with my friends, and we ran into an issue, that none of the missions are loading. I'm just hovering above the map, and nothing happens. Well, i haven't tried the vanilla ones, since we have all the mods, what should be the issue?

Use a dedicated server in the background. No direct hosting. The mission still carries some dedicatedserver-only code from it's past.

So, I havn't read through all of this my self but a friend stated that this wasnt really supporting ACE3 due to you not finding a way to detect when everybody is unconsious.

I think I know why and that is because you can wake up while unconsious, a player do not need to "revive" you in order to get back up, however you are still badly wounded.

What me and my friends have done so far is to just disable the revive and played without it. It's not perfect and we are thinking of making the respawn delay higher or even remove respawning if you die, also adding in a ACE3 module in the mission and disable instant death since that sucks :P

Anywho, thought I'd just put this out there incase you or someone else didn't know about that.

Also, great mission! It's the missions we play the most! Takistan and Cherno, would love to see it on Takistan Mountains as well :)