How can I make the AI spawned by this mission able to be controlled by a curator?

I've already managed to get a curator inside the mission, but is there a fix for pre-spawned AI?

Has anyone had success running the mission with v0.3.8 of RHS?

I continuously get mission uses deleted content rhsusf_c_troops. When I switch the server to v0.3.7 it appears to work correctly, even if the clients are using v0.3.8.

Yeah I get that error too. RHS v0.3.8 changed up some class names, so the mission needs to be updated to fix that. I had to update one of my missions. I'm gonna try to de pbo the mission and add rhsusf_c_troops to the addons section of the mission.sqm to see if that works. I don't see any RHS files in the addons section though, so I don't know how the mission adds the RHS stuff in the first place.

After fixing the AI insta head shot bug (for the most part), I've been playing the mission a lot more recently with some more with my friends, and I'm having a great amount of fun with it. I have to say that the biggest thing that should be changed is that the number of APCs going down the roads is simply too high. It just isn't feasable to stay far enough from the roads most of the time because sometimes objectives are near roads, or we need to steal a civilian car. I think they should be replaced with mostly technicals and sometimes MRAPs, with APCs showing up about as often as tanks do now. That would keep roads still dangerous, but not the deathtrap they are now.

How can I make the AI spawned by this mission able to be controlled by a curator?

I've already managed to get a curator inside the mission, but is there a fix for pre-spawned AI?

I've been fiddling with Adding zeus into this to moderate the experience a bit. There's a module which adds zeus control over units. However it's just that; a module which needs to be linked to units MAYBE there's a command that could be entered into the exec of every unit on spawn. There's also a command that adds units under zeus control, but requires manual entering of units into an array. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addCuratorEditableObjects

i've no idea how either of those 2 options could be implemented....

Some more random findings:

1.) For dedicated servers you can bind the ZEUS to just an admin, so that whoever uses #login can use ZEUS.

2.) You can make ZEUS silent, so no other players get the ZEUS announcement if you use it.

LOL I laugh at people complaining the mission is too hard.

It is supposed to be. Escape Chernarus from ArmA 2 was total Chaos. The AI were supposed keep coming in waves, you were never afforded a rest.

I must have played pretty much ever mission of Escape by now on the different maps available. I've probably played the mission 50+ times, I've completed it maybe 5 times perhaps 6.

And its difficulty is what keeps bringing me back, if it were made any easier. There is no way I'd still play it. Myself and my squad have Zeus missions and other Workshop missions if we want a linear story based mission successful co-op experience.

But when we want total mayhem, total chaos and real exciting challenge we ALWAYS go toward Escape.

I fact I'm editing right now a video we did of Escape Chernarus which is was one of the most exciting and challenging games of ArmA I've ever had.

• Like 1

LOL I laugh at people complaining the mission is too hard.

It is supposed to be. Escape Chernarus from ArmA 2 was total Chaos. The AI were supposed keep coming in waves, you were never afforded a rest.

I must have played pretty much ever mission of Escape by now on the different maps available. I've probably played the mission 50+ times, I've completed it maybe 5 times perhaps 6.

And its difficulty is what keeps bringing me back, if it were made any easier. There is no way I'd still play it. Myself and my squad have Zeus missions and other Workshop missions if we want a linear story based mission successful co-op experience.

But when we want total mayhem, total chaos and real exciting challenge we ALWAYS go toward Escape.

I fact I'm editing right now a video we did of Escape Chernarus which is was one of the most exciting and challenging games of ArmA I've ever had.

There's hard, and there's a shit blizzard clusterf*ck unending spawn of cyborg relentless T-1000 all knowing AI who keep spawning no matter what you do and WILL surround and annihilate and decimate you the moment you stop for longer than 5 minutes.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that escape is hard. Obviously the original creator, Neo, and yourself all enjoy that kind of play. And neo being the man who brought this mission to arma get's to decide how it will play. And that's perfectly fine. It's just that me and my friends prefer a slower, more meticulous approach to this mission. We are just not as good as you I suppose, and can't hold our own if things get too chaotic. So we are looking for ways to make the mission easier.

We disabled all the instant death scenarios, such as armored vehicles, armored gunboats, all helicopters, MRAPS, APC's. There's also only about 5 of us, so we simply can not carry enough titans for us to be really a challenge for helicopters and tanks/aps's.

but a problem that we still face every single time is that we simply can not get away from enemy AI. Now I know for a fact that the AI commander is bugged, and gives AI units accurate location on the player even if there was no way the AI knew where the player was. But that's okay, not a problem. What we do have a problem with is that when we are approaching enemy bases we can't find even a minute to stop, organise, and think an assault over. Because if we stop we get shot at by the pursuing units. So we really need to have a way to clear the enemies before an assault, so we can play slower.

I am in no way saying that the mission is bad as it is right now. It's brilliant, probably one of the best randomized arma missions. It just does not fit our particular play stile. We are casual, leisurely and very much noobs. I am not ever even asking neo/skruffy to do our modifying for us. I'm just asking for pointers. I'll do the rest myself. And when I get stuck I'll ask again.

I've no dea why you feel the need to be so hostile. :S

What we do have a problem with is that when we are approaching enemy bases we can't find even a minute to stop, organise, and think an assault over. Because if we stop we get shot at by the pursuing units.

When we seize an enemy base we assign 1 or 2 men as "guards". They quickly take some AT and AA weapons and scopes (sometimes armed vehicle) and go 50-200 m away from base. They can't be killed with artillery strikes and give others some rest time.

iZver I'm not being hostile if it came across that way, it wasn't meant to. It was more to challenge people's way of thinking.

Keep in mind this is an escape scenario. You aren't supposed to deal with the tanks and helicopters. You are supposed to run. Run for your life. Duck, cover, fall back, flank, hide, steal and evade. We all should know now that at the start you don't head for the first city as we ALL know there will be an apc there, head somewhere else and go to the second town.

When the chopper comes, hide. It's not about being a 5 man army taking on the entire CSAT or Russian Army.

Don't get me wrong I understand your frustration about getting mission failed after you have put 45min to an hour into the mission and a tank wipes you out. But that is Escape it is supposed to be a Case Movie.

Also if you escape from line of site and avoid enemy patrols they will stop coming after you. So long as a enemy unit can see you or has seen which direction you have gone it they will chase. Run off in random directions, change your course it is dynamic.

Anyway you can always change the mission difficulty to EASY and enemies for 1-3 players but personally I find that too slow paced.

Yeah I've been playing this mission a lot, and iZver, while me and my friends lose most of the time, I don't see how you're just getting millions of enemies at you. We can pretty reliably escape from enemies on foot even after fighting for a pretty long time. You have to stay in a fixed position for quite a long time (i'd say around 10 minutes) in a bad position before it becomes nearly impossible to escape. I will say it depends on the map though. On maps like Altis, sometimes you get surrounded in a very open area, and you're screwed, but on maps like Chernarus with lots of forest cover and hills escaping is much easier. What maps have you played escape on?

The only thing I think is unfair about Escape is the number of APCs on the road for the reasons I made previously. It really is the primary reason why we lose the mission. If that was toned down, I think the mission's difficulty would be perfect. Does anyone know how I can tweak that?

Oh and Rekkless the mission difficulty is bugged at the moment, as mentioned on page 10, so that wouldn't really help.

Yeah I've been playing this mission a lot, and iZver, while me and my friends lose most of the time, I don't see how you're just getting millions of enemies at you. We can pretty reliably escape from enemies on foot even after fighting for a pretty long time. You have to stay in a fixed position for quite a long time (i'd say around 10 minutes) in a bad position before it becomes nearly impossible to escape. I will say it depends on the map though. On maps like Altis, sometimes you get surrounded in a very open area, and you're screwed, but on maps like Chernarus with lots of forest cover and hills escaping is much easier. What maps have you played escape on?

The only thing I think is unfair about Escape is the number of APCs on the road for the reasons I made previously. It really is the primary reason why we lose the mission. If that was toned down, I think the mission's difficulty would be perfect. Does anyone know how I can tweak that?

Oh and Rekkless the mission difficulty is bugged at the moment, as mentioned on page 10, so that wouldn't really help.

Yes cyprus, I can help you with your problem. Toning down the APC's is really easy:

depbo the mission, and open "units" folder, and then open UnitClasses.sqf with a text editor. I suggest notepad++.

Find these lines:

// Random array. General infantry types. E.g. village patrols, ambient infantry, etc. (for ammo depot guards and communication center guards see further down in this file at fn_InitGuardedLocations)
// Random array. Motorized search groups are sometimes sent to look for you. This array contains possible class definitions for the vehicles.

... And basically all others, they are all commented and documented. Read the // comment above the lines to see what each thing does. Then below these //.... lines there's something like:

a3e_arr_Escape_MotorizedSearchGroup_vehicleClasses = ["....

And inside the [" ... "] there's a bunch of vehicle classnames. Just delete the ones you don't like. If you want less APC's, but still some, delete all but 1 or 2, so that there's statistically less chance of an APC spawning. If you want to get rid of all APC's, delete all APC classnames. It's intuitive. :p

As for me saying it's too hard. Look, that's my opinion, and my experience. I am entitled to that much at least. You can have yours, rekkles can have his and neo and skruffy can have theirs. That's not a problem. You enjoy escape the way it's setup now, that's perfectly fine. I am glad you enjoy it, because it's a really great mission.

but it just so happens we don't particularly enjoy dying all the time, and the chaos. And that's not a problem either. We aren't that good in arma, and we struggle under pressure. So I've done the modifications i've listed.

And about escaping the AI. Yes, it's fairly easy to escape if: there's no helicopters in the air, there's no APC's killing you, you are not surrounded and you are in a wooded/hilly area. On altis we get 90% of the time spawns on the east side, which is basically flat. So we have a hard time to escape on foot. That's why we play exclusively in night time. At least that way the AI has a harder time spotting us.

But I digress, all of these things aren't really so bothersome. There's only one huge real problem. it's the never ending spawn swarm of enemies. It's so painful to literally watch enemies spawn and start heading to you immediately. It's disheartening, demoralizing and just not fun. Having cleared the hills, thinking you are good to assault a base, just to be killed by a newly spawned patrol is just no fun for us. Like I said, we prefer a more methodical approach to the mission.

And another note about escaping you should know is this: The AI commander is somehow bugged. You can test it yourself easely. Go in game, enable godmode so that you can do this without concern of dying, attract attention (as in, escape from prison) and start running behind hills, through forests, over crests. Then hide in a place you are 100% sure you can not be found. Like behind rocks on a shore, or in a very well concealed ditch. key point here being that you must be 100% sure you have not been seen going there. So even if the AI knew your approximate position they must not know your exact spot. Now wait 5-10 minutes. The Ai runs EXACTLY to your position. They KNOW where you are, even if you are 100% hidden. They wont search for you in the approximate area, they will run TO you. Use the splendid camera to doublecheck.

I've seen this behaviour many times. it's not a fluke. The AI has godlike abilities. So add that to the infinite spawn, and things get really tedious. :/

AGAIN! I'm not saying anything is bad. it's really good and one of the best missions. I just want to make slight modifications for me and my team. And Iv'e tried figuring as much out as I could by myself. it just so happens that I don't know how to make the AI not spawn infinitely.

Like I've written before, I want them to spawn a little bit differently. Should be really simple for someone who knows how to code arma. but for me... impossible :(

And for the millions of enemies, something must be bugged, because I'm running count allUnits and keep an eye on it, and at the start there's about 150 units (3-4 players setting), but after about 2 hours there's 450.

And the last thing, about Ai difficulty. We are running ACRAI3 and bCombat, and the AI difficultiy is just about spot on. They are accurate, but not overly so. They will hit you but not instantly. If you supress them they aren't accurate. if you stay in one place they will eventually zero on you and kill you. The firefights themselves are really good. if you want I can upload my asrai and bcombat configs for you to try them out. although you'd probably find them too easy :)

Edited by iZver

I laugh at people complaining the mission is too hard. It is supposed to be. Escape Chernarus from ArmA 2 was total Chaos.
IMO iZver actually has a point. My group have played A2 version of Escape ([CZ75]LuzifR's) many times and there certainly wasn't any AI squads constantly pursuing you through the entire map. Even now beating Chernarus version of this mission is somewhat easier. Maybe it's because Chernarus is smaller and has more uneven terrain, maybe it was because the AI still has a hard time navigating, but it feels more natural.

The problem with always pursuing AI is especially noticeable on flat terrains. I've ported Escape to I44's Staszow for our group and the AI was simply unbearable because you can't even hide from it in the field. Once you've managed to wipe out a squad with Kar98k, there's always two new squads coming to take it's place. Since Staszow is quite big, it was very frustrating non-stop fighting all the way to the airfield.

Hey, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong for saying it's too hard, sorry if I gave that impression. I'm just mostly confused on your problem with the infinitely spawning enemies. If you run far enough away from a group of enemies that has spotted you, you can escape them. Even on foot, as long as you can put something like a hill between you and the enemy. I really have not had any issue with enemies following us forever. Have you tried disabling your AI mods to see if that has any effect?

Also I'll give editing the mission a try, thanks for that useful information. What program do you use to de-PBO the mission? I use PBOManager v1.4.

IMO iZver actually has a point. My group have played A2 version of Escape ([CZ75]LuzifR's) many times and there certainly wasn't any AI squads constantly pursuing you through the entire map. Even now beating Chernarus version of this mission is somewhat easier. Maybe it's because Chernarus is smaller and has more uneven terrain, maybe it was because the AI still has a hard time navigating, but it feels more natural.

i thought all the ported terrains were bugged? As in the AI could see through trees? Are you using A3MP or AiA? Are there no bugs? I'd love to give it a try.

What program do you use to de-PBO the mission? I use PBOManager v1.4.

I use the same. The contextual menus in windows are really useful.

i thought all the ported terrains were bugged? As in the AI could see through trees?
All In Arma Terrain Pack. Yes, they are but it seems that they are bugged to different extent. We had a severe all-seeing-AI issues only on Sahrani and other terrains from Arma 1, on Chernarus everything was as usual, more or less.

iZver when I edit the mission to get less apcs i get no enemies spawning and the backpack now has no weapons. Here's a fragment of my UnitClasses.sqf

// Random arrays. Enemy vehicle classes for ambient traffic. (Can also be set to a faction name).
// Variable _enemyFrequency applies to server parameter, and can be one of the values 1 (Few), 2 (Some) or 3 (A lot).
switch (_enemyFrequency) do {
   case 1: {
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses = ["O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_transport_F", "O_Truck_02_ammo_F", "O_Truck_02_box_F", "O_Truck_02_fuel_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F", "O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F", "O_MBT_02_arty_F", "O_MBT_02_cannon_F","O_Truck_03_device_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F"];
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND = ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F","I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F"];
   };
   case 2: {
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses = ["O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_transport_F", "O_Truck_02_ammo_F", "O_Truck_02_box_F", "O_Truck_02_fuel_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_03_device_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F"];
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND = ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F","I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_MBT_03_cannon_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F"];
   };
   default {
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses = ["O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_transport_F", "O_Truck_02_ammo_F", "O_Truck_02_box_F", "O_Truck_02_fuel_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F", "O_APC_Tracked_02_AA_F", "O_MBT_02_arty_F", "O_MBT_02_cannon_F","O_Truck_03_device_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F"];
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND = ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F","I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_MBT_03_cannon_F",];
   };
};

Why is this happening? The only thing I edited were those lines, and the briefing name in the mission.sqm. I didn't touch anything related to the backpack. This is so frustrating.

EDIT: I seemed to have fixed the issue. I guess I made a typo somewhere when editing the files.

Edited by Cyprus

@Cyprus if you get no units, backpacks or weapons then the mission is bugged, and you have made an error in editing something.

Are you running a dedicated server? If so, open the server .rpt logs to view what the error is. Post those rpt logs here and I'll walk you through debugging them, so you will learn how to find the issue by yourself. :)

If you are running this on a client (aka. you run mission from within arma) then open your arma3 .rpt logs. Obviously you'll struggle to find what caused the bug because the logs will probably look like gibberish. Don't worry, once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. For now, just upload them to http://pastebin.com/ so we can review them together. :)

You can find the logs for arma3 in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3". And the logs for arma3server wherever you created the server profile and config files. Mine are in "D:\TADST\default" although yours certaintly wont be.

A couple of tips for debugging your missions. When you are in-game, open the esc menu, and you'll have this big debug screen. Into the smaller spaces called Watch: enter: "count allunits" and it will show you all the enemy AI alive at any one time. It's really useful just to keep track if things have crashed. It should always be above 80...

On the same Debug screen you have an option called Splendid Camera. If you click on that you'll be able to look at all the places on the map, so you can quickly teleport to an ammo depot to see if any changes you may have made have worked. Or for whatever other reasons you may want to look at certain places on the map. :p

I've debugged this one for you. You had an error on line 45. You have added one "," too many. The extra comma is on the end of the very last a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND line. After I_MBT_03_cannon_F.

Here's the error message that crashed your game:

a3e_arr_Escape_InfantryTypes>

Error Missing [

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Units\UnitClasses.sqf, line 45

Error in expression <,"I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_MBT_03_cannon_F",];

};

};

There should be no comma after the last item. So the correct code would be ""I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_MBT_03_cannon_F"];".

If I post the whole corrected thing:

// Random arrays. Enemy vehicle classes for ambient traffic. (Can also be set to a faction name).
// Variable _enemyFrequency applies to server parameter, and can be one of the values 1 (Few), 2 (Some) or 3 (A lot).
switch (_enemyFrequency) do {
   case 1: {
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses = ["O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_transport_F", "O_Truck_02_ammo_F", "O_Truck_02_box_F", "O_Truck_02_fuel_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F", "O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F", "O_MBT_02_arty_F", "O_MBT_02_cannon_F","O_Truck_03_device_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F"];
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND = ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F","I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F"];
   };
   case 2: {
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses = ["O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_transport_F", "O_Truck_02_ammo_F", "O_Truck_02_box_F", "O_Truck_02_fuel_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_03_device_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F"];
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND = ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F","I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_MBT_03_cannon_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F"];
   };
   default {
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses = ["O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_transport_F", "O_Truck_02_ammo_F", "O_Truck_02_box_F", "O_Truck_02_fuel_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F", "O_APC_Tracked_02_AA_F", "O_MBT_02_arty_F", "O_MBT_02_cannon_F","O_Truck_03_device_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F"];
       a3e_arr_Escape_MilitaryTraffic_EnemyVehicleClasses_IND = ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F","I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_MRAP_03_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_MBT_03_cannon_F"];
   };
};

In arma a single missplaced comma will kill the entire mission. Like i said if you post your rpt logs we'll go through them together so you will be able to debug your missions yourself. :)

cheers

Edited by iZver

Ah duh I should know that.

I'll see if I can get a couple log files.

A full reinstall of Arma3 Fixed the issue. Just winged it and it worked. Weird.

We have another unrelated issue that we've seen a couple times that we thought was related to just playing on United Sahrani, but now we've seen it on Chernarus as well as Altis.

When trying to hack the little generator box at the camps, we're unable to hack them. The option is unavailable, we walked all around it with about 8 of us and nobody could get the option to hack. On United Sahrani we went to all 4 camps and could not hack any of them. We had the same issue last night on Chernarus, quit chernarus, and then tried Altis. Only I was able to hack the generator on Altis, nobody else out of the 6 of us were able to hack it. Conflicting Mod issue? Or bug in the map maybe?

Gonna need a RPT file again?

Edited by pilihp2

All In Arma Terrain Pack. Yes, they are but it seems that they are bugged to different extent. We had a severe all-seeing-AI issues only on Sahrani and other terrains from Arma 1, on Chernarus everything was as usual, more or less.

AI can see trough trees, bushes and ruins, when they are damaged on all AiA/A3MP A1 maps. Will probably be solved with CUP Terrains Soonâ„¢.

And another note about escaping you should know is this: The AI commander is somehow bugged. You can test it yourself easely. Go in game, enable godmode so that you can do this without concern of dying, attract attention (as in, escape from prison) and start running behind hills, through forests, over crests. Then hide in a place you are 100% sure you can not be found. Like behind rocks on a shore, or in a very well concealed ditch. key point here being that you must be 100% sure you have not been seen going there. So even if the AI knew your approximate position they must not know your exact spot. Now wait 5-10 minutes. The Ai runs EXACTLY to your position. They KNOW where you are, even if you are 100% hidden. They wont search for you in the approximate area, they will run TO you. Use the splendid camera to doublecheck.

I've seen this behaviour many times. it's not a fluke. The AI has godlike abilities. So add that to the infinite spawn, and things get really tedious. :/

Maybe some clarifications here, because what you describe is definitly not how the scripts are working. You can simply check it with enabling debug mode, so you can see were the players were spottet and where the AI is ordered.

When an AI spots a player ("Detected by"-trigger) an invisible marker/position is stored containing the time of spotting, the spotting unit and the amount of spotted players. The AI leader then checks the distance and time to the last known position of the players and decides if he have to send new patrols towards the position (when the spotting are to far apart, because maybe the players split up) or if he redirects all patrols already chasing the players. AI waypoints are NEVER bound to the players but always to a spotting position that is fixed. When the AI is directly moving towards you, this can only have three reasons: 1) You were detected at the current position 2) AI has line of sight (ArmA3 AI kicks in) or a mod is messing with the waypoints/spotting. In original escape only one "known position" (a single marker) was used.

Also AI is definitly not spawning indefinitly. AI only spawns if a player/group moves around the map. When stationary patrols don't respawn (sometimes other type of units like vehicles and choppers can spawn). What happens is, that the AI leader decides to sent more patrols towards your known position, when already searching groups are killed/under fire (aka reinforcement).

I will also talk back to Scruffy for some APC rebalancing.

P.S. I am back from vacation, so I can start polishing latest patch. But I will wait for the A3 update this week to prevent the need of hotfixes ;)

P.S. I am back from vacation, so I can start polishing latest patch. But I will wait for the A3 update this week to prevent the need of hotfixes ;)

Please! Me and my friends have been waiting months for the next release. :) Especially looking forward to the "fixed" AI difficulty... changing personal profile configs doesn't seem to help that much.

What's your estimate of when it will be done? Because I was actually just about to work on the medical system parameter stuff again before uni started (kind of forgot about it for a bit while I got other stuff working).

What's your estimate of when it will be done? Because I was actually just about to work on the medical system parameter stuff again before uni started (kind of forgot about it for a bit while I got other stuff working).

I have some assignments due to monday, after that I can continue polishing the current version for a release.

I'd love to see a way to have the extraction be done with conventional land vehicles instead of helicopters. Of course this may create some issues, but if that'd be possible, we could play this mission with the Iron Front Conversion for Arma 3. :) Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top. ;)

You might just have to use the power of

spongebob_imagination_by_kssael_display_zps742422d7.jpeg

for now.

But I was actually looking at trying to get an IF version working, and so maybe if I ever finish the ACE medical version I might have a go at making one.

From the toying I have done though (which I believe I posted about before) the only problem is you need to play as escaping Nazis, which may be a touch distasteful for some.

You might just have to use the power of

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag137/nelsonmonty/spongebob_imagination_by_kssael_display_zps742422d7.jpeg

for now.

But I was actually looking at trying to get an IF version working, and so maybe if I ever finish the ACE medical version I might have a go at making one.

From the toying I have done though (which I believe I posted about before) the only problem is you need to play as escaping Nazis, which may be a touch distasteful for some.

That's what we did so far. I've made a working version for IF except for the maps - it's only the helicopters that are bugging me out. Playing as Wehrmacht may certainly be problematic, but on the other hand - if you play IF in tvt as well, someone has to. ;)

Belbo and Subject319: Look inside ..\Scripts\Escape\RunExtraction.sqf

You will notice the variables are still named boat, because that's from Engimas original A2 version. It was just changed to helicopters by us for the Takistan port and other terrains without a coast and we stayed with this approach for A3 because it works everywhere. Well, apart from IF that is.

But you should be able to swap out the spawned choppers with a ground vehicle (a3e_arr_extraction_chopper and a3e_arr_extraction_chopper_escort in UnitClasses.sqf) and only need some different waypoints as they probably will have problems with landing "Land" and "FlyInHeight" :D

I didn't get around to try it yet, but as the mission spawns all units except the player ones to the predefined sides, it should work to just swap out all classnames in UnitClasses.sqf for US units (or Wehrmacht in IF) and change the classnames for players in mission.sqm, but not the side, to Russians to have a swapped version.

Edit: About the number of APCs. The RHS mod has a lot of versions, and I think most are added to that list. You can trim that as iZver explained or copy the UAZs and trucks a few times to have a higher chance of those spawning. There are three arrays for the military traffic, that correspond to the three "Enemy Frequency" parameter settings, but so far I only removed most of the tank versions for the lowest one. I'll have a look at it next time I go through the files.

Edited by Scruffy

Belbo and Subject319: Look inside ..\Scripts\Escape\RunExtraction.sqf

You will notice the variables are still named boat, because that's from Engimas original A2 version. It was just changed to helicopters by us for the Takistan port and other terrains without a coast and we stayed with this approach for A3 because it works everywhere. Well, apart from IF that is.

But you should be able to swap out the spawned choppers with a ground vehicle (a3e_arr_extraction_chopper and a3e_arr_extraction_chopper_escort in UnitClasses.sqf) and only need some different waypoints as they probably will have problems with landing "Land" and "FlyInHeight" :D

I didn't get around to try it yet, but as the mission spawns all units except the player ones to the predefined sides, it should work to just swap out all classnames in UnitClasses.sqf for US units (or Wehrmacht in IF) and change the classnames for players in mission.sqm, but not the side, to Russians to have a swapped version.

That's good to know! :)