hmm well Leights OpFor has just been updated to version 1.0 and all LOP missions are now broken due to new faction names and classes. Sorry to say this NEO but you probably got some editing to do. I my self have to go through 16 missions alone from our squad and re add the appropriate units.

Thanks to the mission compiler it is just one file, that has to be edited. It is also Scruffys task :P

Ok so I was playing Escape Vanilla on SMD Sahrani and found after about 10 minutes all sides would become friendly to NATO. Or at the very least they wouldn't shoot at us. It happened 3 times now.

Now we were using ACE 3, Taskforce Radio and I did use MCC to change the weather so perhaps it was one of those mods that broke the AI.

But can anyone confirm that Escape (in particular SMD Sahrani) works fine with ACE and MCC? Ive played many time with Taskforce radio and know it works fine with it but this was the first time we were running ACE3.

*Edit* I'm 99% sure the mission is not compatible (at least SMD Sahrani) with ACE or MCC. After 3 games of escape running ACE and MCC we found AI would stop firing at players, you would be able to run right past them or do whatever. As soon as we disabled ACE3 and MCC4 and ran vanilla with TFAR we found it worked fine.

Edited by Rekkless

Hey Neo

Firstly, love the mission, me and my group have been playing it fairly religiously with a handful of tweaks so it works with our modset, and we're at the point where it's getting difficult to actually get a slot in a game now, so we had to have someone up it to max 20 people (which leads to some hilarious outcomes).

Everything so far has worked perfectly, the only problem we've had so far is the fact that, when using the CAF Aggressors mod, the AKs they have are different to the AKs the Russians have, which makes things fairly difficult to get working, as it means we basically can only use the insurgent AKs during the initial escape, and can't use their ammo, and we can't use Leights OPFOR pack, as the admins sadly aren't interested in adding to our already too large modset just for our escapes, so I was wondering if you knew of some simple scripting solution to replace the insurgent AKs with the RHS AKs on spawn. I tried, but sadly my mission making skills are largely limited to spawning 50 American tanks and 50 Russian tanks and watching my frames suffer, so all I ever did was break the mission.

The issue you are talking about had nothing to do with the escape mission but hAs to do with caf aggressors. Take a look around there are multiple small weapons patches for caf agressors that will use hlc weapons or rhs escalation weapons. But your moderators will have to include said patches to your mod list for everyone to use.

I know it's an issue with CAF aggressors, but I was just wondering if he knew a scripting solution, because for me asking the admins to add a mod just for our shenanigans is out of the question. For the main missions a framework is being used that means you don't even use the classnames for units, but since this mission isn't written with that, I'd have no idea how to add or remove weapons from an entire type of unit being spawned. I did make many attempts, but they all turned out awfully.

I tried, but sadly my mission making skills are largely limited to spawning 50 American tanks and 50 Russian tanks and watching my frames suffer, so all I ever did was break the mission.

That is how everyone of us started :D

Have a look at functions/server/fn_initServer.sqf and go to approx line 565. There you find an foreachloop over "units _guardGroup". Add your replacement script for the weapons right after "_unit setVehicleAmmo 0.3 + random 0.7;"

If you don't want to make it fancy, remove all weapons and magazines and just add an RHS AK to every guard with some ammo and a FAK.

Awesome, so that all works.

But if I wanted to do the same for all instances of insurgents, is there another loop I could add to do that for?

Hey Neo, I've been playing around with Leights OpFor and redoing a lot of the UnitClasses.sqf files to fit with the new classnames, so if you want them I can send you them, because there's really no point in doing it twice.

Heyho and thanks for your effort. Just upload the unitclasses.sqf to pastebin and post the link here. Scruffy will then have a look at it ;)

Regarding the loop:

It is in functions.sqf and called onGeneralSoldierSpawn (if I remember correct... I am at my mobile right now).

And if you guys locate the problem with ACE3 I will try to fix it missionside.

Plop guys !

First of all ! Thanks Neo and Scruffy for this great mission ! It's very challenging and well made :)

I'm not very good at coding but I tried few modification to understand how it works. For now I can do very basics things. Somehow I can understand somes sentences, perhaps I will be able help with the ACE3 issue.

I love this overhaul and I think it goes well with Escape.

I installed a few mods to play with Escape : ACE3, ASR AI3 and STHud. And I haven't encounter Rekkless's issue for now.

Sometimes I notice that the AI isn't quick enough to spot us. Once I drove next to them with a QuadBike and I had time to eject and fire on them before they could do anything.

I think it wasn't related to a mod issue, but in fact it was my server having a hard time to process.

My computer is the dedicated server and one of the client at the same time, it run smoother than if I host the mission.

I have a question, is the hacking of an UAV terminal working with the mission without AC3 ?

I have a question, is the hacking of an UAV terminal working with the mission without AC3 ?

Definitly yes it worked every time we reached a ComCenter.

Excuse me, I think I don't understand, we have to reach the ComCenter to be able to hack an UAV terminal ?

Excuse me, I think I don't understand, we have to reach the ComCenter to be able to hack an UAV terminal ?

Ah sorry. I misread your sentence.

I have no idea if the ACE3 UAV terminals work with the mission. I don't use ACE.

Hey, still enjoying 1.7.3 can't wait for .4 to fix some minor annoyances.

I have noticed that the UAV soldiers quad rotors are not compatible with their terminals. (My sample size is only 4-5 attempts, CSAT and Greenbacks). If when I cycle through the 3 different(identical) terminals that I can get with an arsenal mod one is working and the other two does not. You understand classes etc better than me, but I hope I conveyed the issue.

Would not mind a bit more MX ammo in the additional ammo boxes at depot so more than one person can use MX.

Would love to see support for HLC mod packs, they are the most polished weapons I've used and I don't mind not changing uniforms. I think the RHS is to much of a work in progress to get a decent end user experience out of it.

Lastly unrelated, I think, can I turn off wildlife somehow? There are so many hares in 1.44 it must be eating some of my frames.

Edited by Sodien

I have noticed that the UAV soldiers quad rotors are not compatible with their terminals. (My sample size is only 4-5 attempts, CSAT and Greenbacks). If when I cycle through the 3 different(identical) terminals that I can get with an arsenal mod one is working and the other two does not. You understand classes etc better than me, but I hope I conveyed the issue.

That is how the terminals in A3 work. You can't use an AAF/CSAT terminal as BLUFOR.

Plop ! :)

I have a question about Headless client. I saw in the initPlayerServer.sqf, somes lines are here to detect the presence of a Headless client. Is this feature working at the moment ?

Hey Neo, I've been playing around with weather effects (I'm trying to get a suitably horrible sandstorm going on Takistan) and I was wondering if you knew an easy way to disable the way the mission scripts do weather, because no matter what I try, I can't get any of my effects to overwrite it, and my less than elegant method of just deleting every script that has the word weather in it doesn't work either, the mission still perseveres.

Plop ! :)

I have a question about Headless client. I saw in the initPlayerServer.sqf, somes lines are here to detect the presence of a Headless client. Is this feature working at the moment ?

It didn't work with ours until we added game logic in the editor for a headless client with the same name as our headless client.

Thank you for your answer !

Hum I see ! So now You can see the slot of the headless client in the lobby ?

I tried without the game logic this morning, the headless client seems to be connected to the server. The AI worked. But I don't know if the server or the HC handle the AI : /

Thank you for your answer !

Hum I see ! So now You can see the slot of the headless client in the lobby ?

I tried without the game logic this morning, the headless client seems to be connected to the server. The AI worked. But I don't know if the server or the HC handle the AI : /

Honestly I don't know a huge amount about headless clients, but every time we've used them, there was a slot in the lobby for game logic that the headless client automatically slotted into, and it needs to be placed on the map.

Dome of the AI scripts originating from A2 and were not written with headless clients in mind. Thus the AI is not offloaded to a connected HC (a HC would even have a negative impact on perf).

Regarding weater: The weather script is spawned in fn_initServer.sqf. just comment it out.

Any updates on 1.7.4? The AI skill bug really kills the old version for us unfortunately.

Seems like I forgot to look here for a while... well, there were LANs to attend and wizards to set on fire (purely on accident of course).

Some additional answers to what Neo already wrote:

Would not mind a bit more MX ammo in the additional ammo boxes at depot so more than one person can use MX.

Lastly unrelated, I think, can I turn off wildlife somehow? There are so many hares in 1.44 it must be eating some of my frames.

Because the slightly differently coloured UAV terminals and UAVs are not compatible (standard A3 behaviour) you can "hack" them if you have them in your inventory. Put the terminal inside your vest, not the slot to make the option show up and the backpack on your back. Then they will be converted to the west version.

The content of the additional boxes is not edited, so it's the standard BIS one. You could change one of them for the ammo box. Or with a bit of luck you might find something at a crash site. Dont forget to check the trunks on civilian cars, you might get lucky ;)

The small, randomly spawned (and not MP synched) wildlife is handled by the game. To disable it you need to change the island config, there might be addons around already? But BIS should have confined the infestation in 1.46, I remember reading something about it on a changelog.

If I wanted to add Land Rover Defenders into the game would this work: [...]

Yes, that's how you do it.

All vehicles are spawned with their standard crew setup, not empty.

I think the ..._maxCargo value is only for free cargopositions, so you need to substract the standard crew (driver, maybe commander or gunners). So it would be 5 for your example

I really should get around to doing that post about the unitclasses.sqf, shouldn't I? :rolleyes:

Just a qquick question: with the reworked ai scripts and new ammo depot handling, is it now possible to switch entirely to a custom weapons pack (HLC)? Can i somehow make the AI use toadies guns and make the HLC guns spawn in ammo depots?
Would love to see support for HLC mod packs, they are the most polished weapons I've used and I don't mind not changing uniforms. I think the RHS is to much of a work in progress to get a decent end user experience out of it.
Everything so far has worked perfectly, the only problem we've had so far is the fact that, when using the CAF Aggressors mod, the AKs they have are different to the AKs the Russians have, which makes things fairly difficult to get working, as it means we basically can only use the insurgent AKs during the initial escape, and can't use their ammo, and we can't use Leights OPFOR pack, as the admins sadly aren't interested in adding to our already too large modset just for our escapes, so I was wondering if you knew of some simple scripting solution to replace the insurgent AKs with the RHS AKs on spawn. I tried, but sadly my mission making skills are largely limited to spawning 50 American tanks and 50 Russian tanks and watching my frames suffer, so all I ever did was break the mission.
The issue you are talking about had nothing to do with the escape mission but hAs to do with caf aggressors. Take a look around there are multiple small weapons patches for caf agressors that will use hlc weapons or rhs escalation weapons. But your moderators will have to include said patches to your mod list for everyone to use.

As Rekkless said, when using the CAF (and older LOP) versions you should use a compatibility fix for the magazines. There are addons to change all CAF weapons to HLC ones and there is a HLC<->RHS compatibility addon to make attachments and magazines interchangeable. That's what we use ourselves.

The units are spawned with their standard gear as if placed in the editor, and that is mostly left unchanged except maps/gps/bino removed and a bit of tampering with weapon attachments. So you need to write a gear changing script and add it as Neo wrote, or you have a replacement addon (they have gone of fashion after OFP and A1, didn't they?) or new units using the guns you want to use their classnames. (We have been thinking about custom randomized loadouts, but no clear idea how to best handle them, and that is also just a maybe for the far future)

The new LOP update only uses RHS weapons now I think, so no additional addons will be needed with the new version. Speaking of which:

hmm well Leights OpFor has just been updated to version 1.0 and all LOP missions are now broken due to new faction names and classes. Sorry to say this NEO but you probably got some editing to do. I my self have to go through 16 missions alone from our squad and re add the appropriate units.
Thanks to the mission compiler it is just one file, that has to be edited. It is also Scruffys task :P

It was four! Plus 9 others to add the new T90 from RHS 0.3.8

So far we've only done Chernarus and Takistan, but presumably those are identical to other European and Middle Eastern maps.

Charnarus:

http://pastebin.com/mc0x7vgv

Takistan:

http://pastebin.com/sLEsijAV

Thanks a lot! That saved me some work. :rthumb:

I updated all LOP configs for version 1.1 now.

Any updates on 1.7.4? The AI skill bug really kills the old version for us unfortunately.

Neo now needs to pack the new version and most importantly we need to test them all. So maybe soonâ„¢? :p

It will just default to the servers difficulty, change AI skill in difficulty on host client if using listed server, or if dedicated add aiLevelPreset=X; (X can be 0, 1, 2 or 3. 0 easier ai and 3 lets you add more commands to customize your AI, more info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback&p=2639166&viewfull=1#post2639166 ) to your server config.

Also I highly recommend using ASR AI, it micromanages the AI in firefight and movements without messing with escapes "commander script". Giving you more interesting engagements.

Edited by Sodien

Yeah I changed my server .arma3profile to add the aiLevelPreset and that seems to work. I'm still dying pretty quickly at close range, but I'll experiment with different values. I'm definitely not dying in 1 shot 99% of the time when I get hit anymore, and that's good. That's really annoying how the official wiki makes no mention at all about the aiLevelPreset, and still uses the "skillfriendly, skillEnemy, precisionFriendly, and precisionEnemy." The lack of documentation for somethings (server settings especially) is extremely frustrating. Thank you very much for that information Sodien. I'll have to see if changing that affects any of the other missions I play.

I've noticed that debug mode is always on for all players, even though the default is set to off. We can still go into spectator mode, and the camera and everything.

I'm also more than willing to help test version 1.7.4. I would very much like to help with that. I have a group of about 6 players that I could also bring to help test.

Lastly, I think you guys should really consider adding support to the Bystrica map. I played escape roy on it with some friends, and it was really fun. It has some really cool towns that are great for urban fighting. The giant river on it is also adds some naval combat to the mix, which doesn't really happen on the other maps so much. It's also a bit smaller than Chernarus (which I would say is the most similar terrain to Bystrica in the All in Arma terrain pack), which is good for smaller groups of players.

Edited by Cyprus