Thanks for answer. And are they supposed to shoot at us immediately once we spawn, without touching the bag?

Thanks for answer. And are they supposed to shoot at us immediately once we spawn, without touching the bag?

Not intended but I know about this and it is probably a bug with the setcaptive command. I work on a solution.

Just keep your head down at start for now ;)

• Like 1

Had a bit of trouble trying to turn ASR AI off in our server so I just tried playing singleplayer and also via LAN with vanilla ArmA instead. Didn't realise until then that you weren't meant to start with a rifle, as had been happening before, but I did get the AI to shoot me in singleplayer. Playing multiplayer via LAN however we found that I spawned with no weapons and the AI shot at me, the two guys I was with started fully armed and were ignored.

You and your buddies should start without any weapons. In LAN and dedicated MP. Something seems to be very broken with your A3. Missions runs fine for me and the people from my squad. Try hosting a local dedicated for comparison.

I can't thank you guys enough for your continued efforts. REALLY looking forward to being able to play the newest versions with my group.

Thanks again for not letting this mission die! :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the long-awaited update! We're really enjoying it.

I'm having a serious bug involving maps, however - no one on my server is able to take maps out of the AI's inventory, which means that we cannot find any of the locations we need to go. I should note that some players are sometimes able to make the map work, apparently randomly, but only once or twice and then it stops working.

Any idea on why this bug is occurring? Any insight would be appreciated. I'm running the vanilla version of Altis with no mods.

Thanks!

I'm having a serious bug involving maps, however - no one on my server is able to take maps out of the AI's inventory, which means that we cannot find any of the locations we need to go. I should note that some players are sometimes able to make the map work, apparently randomly, but only once or twice and then it stops working.

Any idea on why this bug is occurring? Any insight would be appreciated. I'm running the vanilla version of Altis with no mods.

We also just noticed a problem in the vanilla version with taking items that are in no container (map, fak, glasses, etc) from bodys. Haven't checked the other versions yet. Looks like BIS broke something with the inventory again... I will see if I can fix that from the mission side.

http://i.imgur.com/6Gpnv5w.jpg

Here is a video of us playing, great fun! Thanks for the mission guys.

Haha okay, fair enough. I hope that they fix those bugs soon (and thanks for your quick response!).

In case anyone is curious, I managed to bypass this particular problem by extracting the mission from the PBO and editing initPlayerLocal.sqf by removing the following lines:

player unassignItem "ItemMap";

player removeItem "ItemMap";

player unassignItem "ItemCompass";

player removeItem "ItemCompass";

player unassignItem "itemGPS";

player removeItem "itemGPS";

removeAllItems player;

Although I thought this might spawn everyone with a map, it instead spawns the team leader with a GPS. It takes some of the excitement out of it because you know from the beginning where to go, but at least it makes it possible to complete the mission (you still start with no weapons, don't worry).

Update to 1.7.2 on the first page.

Changelog:

Fixed: Player are unable to take maps, compasses and gps from enemies after A3 patch 1.42 (BIS!!!) with a workaround.

Changed: Completly redone the area markers and boat markers on Bornholm (more action!)

Fixed: A few missing/unused variables.

Added: Default value for A3E_MinComCenterDistance.

Fixed: Bug in the extraction point selection for param "Far" and "Near".

Added new Marksman content to Vanilla version (your move RHS ;) )

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Here is a video of us playing, great fun! Thanks for the mission guys.

AWESOME! You guys actually found an Osprey wrack. I implemented them but wasn't sure that they work, because we never found one^^ Now I know they work!

We played escape altis on the weekend, and couldnt pick any map from dead bodies. It was there but couldnt move it to our inventory. oO I see other ppl found it.

So we were lost but still managed to die hilariously, gotta love the artillery fire. Great fun, awesome job. Thanx NEO!

Edited by main_cz

We've now tried it on a dedicated server, LAN and a local dedicated server. LAN seemed closest to being right in that tasks showed up in the map screen and the person hosting the mission had no weapons and was shot at but in the other two cases everyone started with full kit and weapons and was completely ignored by the AI. We've tried it on a couple of different computers with no mods running in every case. I'm stumped, any ideas?

You are sure you tested the mission on a 1.42 dedicated server without mods? As you can see in the video Jeza posted, everything works fine for him (and me, Vormulac and many other people).

Something with your setup/ArmA3 must be really broken. Have different players tried to host the mission?

Yeah our server's all up to date, when we tried it with LAN and a local dedicated we were all running arma without any mods, and we've gotten four different people in our group to try hosting. As you say there's a chance its an issue with arma that we all happen to share, may try a fresh install at some point if i get the opportunity. Anway, well done for keeping this mission going, looks like you've done a really good job and people seem to be enjoying it :)

Having the same problem as shindigero, the group leader is the only one being shot at immediately inside the prison whilst other persons are ignored until they exit with weapons drawn. This leads to the group leader having to be revived on the spot most of the times as the AI usually has somebody in front of the gate that just immediately one shots. From my playthroughs I noticed that the group leader is immediately seen as BLUFOR whilst others are civilians until they exit the prison, but idk how you're handling that at all. I'm using the RHS Version with bCombat and various Shacktac mods (like STHud etc) running, and playing on a hosted server. Haven't tested dedi/SP. Also playing the Bornholm version.

Having the same problem as shindigero, the group leader is the only one being shot at immediately inside the prison whilst other persons are ignored until they exit with weapons drawn.

That infact is a known problem, that the time you have until the guards turn hostile is too short. I assume the weapon check fails due to some scripted weapons/magazines or because it fires before the standard loadout wepaons are removed.

Also in my tests, it is not only the leader that is not captive but everyone else too. Maybe your group leader just isn't a very lucky person^^

You can check the state of captivity in the debug console with "captive player" (or "captive p1","... p2","...p3",...).

Having the same problem as shindigero

As far as I understand, his problem is, that most of the players spawn WITH weapons. That is indeed a problem never (until now) got observed or got reported.

Just thought I'd express my appreciation once again Neo. This is quite possible my favorite game now, especially since now it is relatively easy to port to different maps.

One peculiar but simply AWESOME thing happened last night. We played 2 games on Podagorsk - Which ladies and gentlemen might be the definitive Escape map it is simply a brilliant map to escape from. Anyway in the first game we played we were still running .1.7.1 and the independent spawned in as enemies to the Opfor. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or done deliberately on your part. But it made the rest of the mission feel like we were really stuck in the middle of a civil war. We would go into some towns and Ind and OPfor would be battling it out for supremacy. It was simply fantastic being involved in essentially a 3 way war. The whole mission you could hear gun fights in the distance, down the road or just a few blocks away it was brilliant.

However the draw back was you would infrequently come across patrols that were wiped out and the AI did seem slower than normal since it was managing gun fights all around the map.

The second game we played was version 1.7.2 as between game I came on here. Anyway the Independent and Op for we enemies again and the mission was just as intense as we all remembered.

A couple of development points:

In version 1.7.1 we had difficulty taking the map off dead enemies bodies twice we just used Personal Arsenal since the game was bugged. I believe you knew of this issue and it seemed to be rectified in the 1.7.2 patch.

In versoin 1.7.2 I had difficulties taking items off dead players bodies, be it Titan launchers, First aid kits. Some enemies back packs just refused to open, I'm not sure if this is a mission bug or a ArmA bug.

Considering how cool it was having Opfor and Independent as enemies you might want to put a option in the parameters to turn it on and off "Independents are friendly to Opfor True or Flase" I will say having them as enemies did make the mission drastically easier as the two sides spent so much time fighting each other instead of hunting us. But it did make for a really great mission dynamic.

In version 1.7.1 we had difficulty taking the map off dead enemies bodies twice we just used Personal Arsenal since the game was bugged. I believe you knew of this issue and it seemed to be rectified in the 1.7.2 patch.

In versoin 1.7.2 I had difficulties taking items off dead players bodies, be it Titan launchers, First aid kits. Some enemies back packs just refused to open, I'm not sure if this is a mission bug or a ArmA bug.

I assume it is a problem with the game not the mission, as nothing changed in the mission. With 1.40 everything worked fine, in 1.42 a lot of stuff is broken. Looks like synchronisation/locality issues with items. The map and compass issue was fixed with a workaround in 1.7.2 (kudos to Scruffy for the splendid idea).

Considering how cool it was having Opfor and Independent as enemies you might want to put a option in the parameters to turn it on and off "Independents are friendly to Opfor True or Flase" I will say having them as enemies did make the mission drastically easier as the two sides spent so much time fighting each other instead of hunting us. But it did make for a really great mission dynamic.

Maybe I forgot to set OPFOR and INDEP to friends in 1.7.1/1.7.2. But your idea sounds nice. I add an parameter to the next version. Could be a nice twist.

I had the same. Map now works, well done. But sometimes couldnt pick NVG from some bodies and it worked from others..odd. Also once we spawned and there was no backpack on the ground so we run away but got shot in the end obviously :D

Also once we spawned and there was no backpack on the ground so we run away but got shot in the end obviously :D

I am certain it is always there. Just sometimes well hidden in the grass. In over 100 sessions we always had the backpack... we just had a search for it a few times ;)

I am sure it should be :D We were searching the prison for ages but it was night so u re probably right. Does it spawn at random location inside the prison?

Yeah we shall do it again RHS and new map.

Suggestions for future, make of them what you will. (As they require a bit of effort to do them on each map) Note if it already exists just ignore :P

Possibly add things to buildings you can enter i.e map or the odd handgun say its the civilians who lives there, you the odd thing to find in buildings so they are worth going into for something other than hiding.

Keep up the good work, many thanks chaps!

would it be possible to change the revive animation to one that shows player healing other player? atm its the same animation used for healing yourself.

Btw as Rekkless said, the best coop scenario around for me as well :)

would it be possible to change the revive animation to one that shows player healing other player? atm its the same animation used for healing yourself.

I am afraid not, as this was the only anim that matched the revive time and was looped.

Btw as Rekkless said, the best coop scenario around for me as well :)