Sign in to follow this  
ivan keska

Who else would like to see more drones?

Who else would like to see a DLC or mod that adds in more drones. Like troop transports (heli and land), helis, boats, jets, and/or armor. Since this is the near future it would make sense that we would see a wider range of drones, since already we have prototypes and production models of drone boats, helis, jets, and wouldn't doubt if we are developing armor to. After all it's becoming pretty clear this is the direction we will go with a lot of military vehicles. Plus would be really neat to see how these things are used, since right now we have only really seen UAV's like the GlobalHawk and similar things get used. So seeing how these other drones might be deployed in the future through the game, would be very cool. Not the mention this does fit into the near future theme of the game rather well.

Anyone what are your thoughts on this idea, do you think it should be explored or is it maybe going to futuristic for the setting of the game.

The expansion will probably have more drones on the way, but I think it would be preferable if the devs worked on replacing the current ones instead of adding more.

The OPFOR Ababil/Saif/Tayran drones still need their own unique models instead of being copy and pasted from BLUFOR.

You may want to put your ideas in the thread the devs started to get ideas from the community (dam I've turned into "that guy") http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168197-UAVs-Feedback-and-wishes

Personally the only drone'ish (and I use the term loosely) thing I like is one that comes out of a 203GL, like Ace's huntir round the rest don't do it for me.

Nope.

ARMA is meant to be an infantry-centric game.

Drones just turn it into a point and click RPG style. I'm not against that if that's how you want to play but I don't think the devs should spend time/money in that area.

I think it would actually be interesting to see a more limited addition of drones. not full scale tanks and helicopters like troop transports, but perhaps an armed variant of the unmanned ground vehicle aready in the game, or a 50.cal armed recon drone these would add dimensions to the infantry combat while keeping the fighting interesting.