Sign in to follow this  
Knaller

best way to manage missions / scenarios / .pbo

I am relatively new to Arma 2, but meantime I collected a lot of different usermade coop-missions / scenarios that I am playing with friends.

Lots of missions require a wide variety of mods, weapon packs, islands... so I am going to loose the overview. If I want to host a game I have the choice to lots of differently named missions, so I pick one, but I rarely remind which mod, island etc. I have to start with the game. So mostly I get the error the mission needs downloaded content... (I think in terms of stability, its generally recommendable to start the game only with mods that are needed!)

So I need a concept to rename or sort clear the missions.

Renaming the pbo-file doesnt have a effect to the ingame mission-name. Putting the pbo-files in folders only works in SP, not in the MP section.

Is there a mod, respectively what possibilities are recommendable for managing the missions?

thx:)

Edited by Knaller

Hi, what you could do instead of renaming pbo's or folders is to setup your mods by type, so for example all mods dealing with maps put together in one, all mods dealing

with weapons put in one, all mods dealing with units (soldiers) again put it in one, so instead of running lets say for example

@CBA,@CBA_A2,@CBA_OA;@Isla_dula;Jimmis m4;@Warfx_blascore;@Devgru.,.,. you get the idea, do this:

@CBA,@CBA_A2,@CBA_OA;@Maps;@Weapons;@Planes;@units

This is something I do with my current mods for Arma3 I have a mod for all the planes I like, all the guns, sound mod, units mod and then my WarMod

which deals with all gameplay, and it works.

You could always just make a list of what missions require what mods, instead of winging it, have like a notepad as a reference and list all the

missions you play and underneath what mods are needed for them.

Well i think it is better to create your own missions, they would more likely meet your requirements for good mission than something downloaded from the webs. It is also fun to create missions. I have 11 missions made for my clan so far, and i enjoy creating missions more than actualy playing the game.

But If me or my friends find a mission on the internet, that looks like we would like to play it, but it doesnt have mods we are used to play with, or it hasnt ACR as player side, i change it. I download it dePBO it, than change it to my liking, pack it again, and then play it with my friends. I have 2 missions like that so far, and i think iam not going to do it anymore, cause even changed they are still not made like i would make them, wich disturbs me.

For you, this would be the easiest way. You just alter all the missions you downloaded to use the same modpack.

Edited by Mirek