Sign in to follow this  
lukeprtr

Is it possible to import SQM files into Terrain Builder?

I would say no, but you could export the all the mission objects with a little script to the correct format...

E: maybe Map Builder from Neo is able to export objects that are already in the mission sqm, you could ask him in his thread or on skype.

E: maybe Map Builder from Neo is able to export objects that are already in the mission sqm, you could ask him in his thread or on skype.

Or you could hope he finds this thread ;)

I am indeed writing a function that reimports objects from the 2D editor into Map Builder. You will then be able to export your objects to TB. I hope I can push the update tomorrow or on thursday.

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Damn... I have no life...

Download the latest version of Map Builder (0.8 : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187572-Map-Builder-Ingame-3D-Editor-for-terrain-creation/page29) and install according to the manual.

Open the Map Builder mission and click "Merge" in the ArmA3 2D editor and merge your mission you want to export with the Map Builder Mission.

Preview the missions and start the Map Builder UI once (action menu entry). Press Escape to exit the Map Builder UI.

Open the Debug console and enter the following code:

{
	if(!(_x in MB_Objects)) then {
		_obj = _x;
		_pos = getposATL _obj;
		_yawpitchbank = [(vectorDir _obj),(vectorUp _obj)] call MB_fnc_CalcEulerAngles;
		_obj setvariable["MB_ObjVar_PositionATL",_pos,false];
		_obj setvariable["MB_ObjVar_Pitch",(_yawpitchbank select 1),false];
		_obj setvariable["MB_ObjVar_Bank",(_yawpitchbank select 2),false];
		_obj setvariable["MB_ObjVar_Yaw",(_yawpitchbank select 0),false];
		_obj setvariable["MB_ObjVar_Simulate",simulationEnabled _obj,false];
		_obj setvariable["MB_ObjVar_Locked",false,false];
		_obj setvariable["MB_ObjVar_Scale",1,false];
		MB_Objects pushBack _obj;
	};
} foreach allMissionObjects "Static";

Execute and lunch Map Builder again. All Static objects from the mission should now be manipulatable in Map Builder. Move objects around or add new one and click "Export". Enter a name for the export and click "Export to TB".

Get in the @MapBuilder/export folder and drag your exported file from there directly into Terrain Bilder -> You have imported your mission SQM into TB ;)

delete pls

Edited by GavC
muppetism