cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

since i switched from AIATP to CUP Terrain, all my flags get replaced with USA flags.. (i should have a german flag, a nato flag and another one but they all appear as USA flag)

So just a question? Do you think CUP terrains will be released with the rest of the cup packs when they update? Or do you guys at CUP release/update the mods at separately. I just noticed usually when there was an update it applies to all 3. Will the Jbad Building be incorporated into this release?

CUP vehicles, units and weapons are closely related because they share resources that's why sometimes you will see updates for all of them in the same time.

As for terrains will be updated separately in general.

• Like 1

@tebbbs: This is a known bug that is already fixed in the dev version.

@sargken: Like aliascartoons said, Terrains is independent from the other projects. If the time schedule fits, we will probably release them together, but that's not something to be expected in general. The first release of CUP Terrains will not include the JBAD buildings - this is a long-term goal after the foundation is laid.

• Like 2

Is this true?  Does that mean we'll never see Chernarus in A3?  That really sucks... :(

No worries, we will see Chernarus in A3/CUP Terrains - just not Chernarus+, the version improved for DayZ.

It's ok, apologies were made, everybody is fine, case closed. :D

since i switched from AIATP to CUP Terrain, all my flags get replaced with USA flags.. (i should have a german flag, a nato flag and another one but they all appear as USA flag)

That's because 'MURICA IS NUMBER ONE!

U-S-A! U-S-A!

• Like 3

CUP vehicles, units and weapons are closely related because they share resources that's why sometimes you will see updates for all of them in the same time.

As for terrains will be updated separately in general.

Ok yeah i can see why.

Is this true?  Does that mean we'll never see Chernarus in A3?  That really sucks... :(

As TheConen noted, although I would add that A2's Chernarus has been "done" for all intents and purposes for over a year, whereas Chernarus Plus is not only an ongoing WIP but probably will be for years to come due to DayZ's own separate development schedule.

Ok yeah i can see why.

You can see it in the dependency chain: CUP Vehicles are manned by CUP Units who carry CUP Weapons which in turn uses the Joint Rails functionality (provided by CBA, previously ASDG Joint Rails). CUP Terrains doesn't have to be anywhere in that chain, therefore it can work on its own timetable without any issues of its own impeding the aforementioned three CUP packs.
  • Like 2

Found a bug:

no matter what Flag (for example a UK flag) i put in the editor, when i am in the game, it appears as US flag. There are only some vanilla flags that work but nothing else. A friend who is using AIATP sees the correct flags.

Found a bug:

no matter what Flag (for example a UK flag) i put in the editor, when i am in the game, it appears as US flag. There are only some vanilla flags that work but nothing else. A friend who is using AIATP sees the correct flags.

Its already reported on previous site, and its quoted on this site, few post above.....

@tebbbs: This is a known bug that is already fixed in the dev version.

@sargken: Like aliascartoons said, Terrains is independent from the other projects. If the time schedule fits, we will probably release them together, but that's not something to be expected in general. The first release of CUP Terrains will not include the JBAD buildings - this is a long-term goal after the foundation is laid.

Found a bug:

777903.jpg

• Like 2

Is there a ETA? Maybe this month or Jannuary, Im just asking.

Is this available via PW6 or only RC1 download at the moment?

Is there a ETA? Maybe this month or Jannuary, Im just asking.

When it is done and Soonâ„¢.

• Like 2

Ive tried the CUP buildings on Australia and they look much nicer great work, I did notice the apartment blocks (Planek) have moved approx 2-3 meters though  

So guys I've been having this problem with Isola Di Capraia.

Basically, every time the port area (http://wiki.gruppe-a...ap_for_briefing), tried to launch it with @X-Cam (A3), didn't work, error still occurs. I have to mention that the said error has very little documentation, as in, 7 results on Google. Anyway, I got no idea how to fix it.

I'm kinda stuck here, does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

----Update:

Tried launching all of @CUP_Terrains together with @CBA and @Isola_Di_Capraia, still getting  "ca\misc_e\map_for_briefing.p3d".

Also, I tired to find that object in X-Cam (A3), here are results:

*Searched for 'map_for_briefing' within 'display name', 'class name' and 'model name', and got:

- xcam_Map_for_briefing_ep1 (Which is a Zagabad attack plan from what seems like A2).

- xcam_Map_for_briefing (Which is just unusable/implacable with X-Cam).

CUP_A2_map_for_briefing (Which is also unusable/implacable with X-Cam).

Map_for_briefing_EP1 (Which is another Zargabad attack plan from A2).

I believe the problem is with CUP_A2_map_for_briefing, which makes sense, because @Isola_Di_Capraia was made for A2 originally, and also would explain why it's unusable/implacable with @X-Cam, and why it doesn't load while playing.

Edited by mal7house

Hi mal7house,

map_for_briefing.p3d is an object from ArmA2 that was not present in the RC. It is however in the current dev and of course will be in the final version. If the map depends on other maps like Chernarus and Zargabad, you of course have to load these, too. I just tried Isola Capraia with the current dev version and it works flawlessly.

Greetings

TheConen

• Like 3

Hi mal7house,

map_for_briefing.p3d is an object from ArmA2 that was not present in the RC. It is however in the current dev and of course will be in the final version. If the map depends on other maps like Chernarus and Zargabad, you of course have to load these, too. I just tried Isola Capraia with the current dev version and it works flawlessly.

Greetings

TheConen

Ah, I see now. Alright, thanks for solving the issue.

Guess I'll wait til the full release.

Will the Terrain pack be available via Steam Workshop like weapons and vehicles, or is there any size limitation?