cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

CUP is going to be supported in the future - AiA is not.

Pretty simple choice, although you may wish for the next update of CUP to make the change.

There's no reason to switch to CUP TP over AiA, if you already have it downloaded.  And on top of that, there's absolutely no reason to download CUP TP now unless you intend on helping with it's quality development during it's last stages before release.  It's not on steam or Pw6, so there's no delta patching.  So if you download it now, AiA will still be better, and there won't be a single benefit when you have to download the actual release, as you'll have to download it in it's entirety, all over again. 

Stop Worrying about the CUP TP until it's done. 

The only issue people have is the sheer size of these terrain mods. AIATP was 6 GBs and with every update you had to download the entire thing again. That is keeping me from downloading any of CUPs mods given their regular updates and the size of the mods. Dont blame me for the poor network speeds here.

@CUP

In my previous post i said i couldn't load save game with either AIA or CUP Terrains. Well just want to update that by saying I've got them both working. I guess in short it's user error and not that of AIA or CUP.  :rolleyes:

Awesome job guys. Also when extracting i noticed the pbo files in the @CUP_Desert weren't inside an addons folder. No biggie...... ;)

In short the files from http://cup-arma3.org/downloads/download-terrains-pack/ are fine. The load save problem is merely because you have started playing an island that is simply missing a dependent island you haven't loaded. Or it was in my case.

Example:

I load up these islands:

@CUP_Chernarus;@CUP_Chernarus_Summer;@CUP_Proving_Grounds;@CUP_Shapur;@CUP_Takistan;@CUP_Takistan_Mountains;@CUP_Terrains;@CUP_Utes;@CUP_Zargabad;

without loading these islands:

@CUP_Bukovina;@CUP_Bystrica;@CUP_Desert;@CUP_Porto;@CUP_Rahmadi;@CUP_Sahrani;@CUP_Sahrani_Lite;@CUP_United_Sahrani;

and my mission loads and saves without issue. I was playing Pilgrimage on Chernarus for example.

But if i load this island for example:

@CUP_Bukovina;@CUP_Terrains;

I can't load a save game, because i need other dependent islands loaded.

I hope this simplifies it a little. Sorry if it doesn't but i found this out by trial and error.  :D

Ah ok, I knew about this solution already. I thought you discovered another way. :) I always load all islands, then loading saved games works.

I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think the CUP team once said that they would like to release the islands separately, so that the user won't have to download the whole pack. If that's the case, they (obviously) will have to find a way to remove these dependencies (if such a release system would come true of course [which would be cool!]).

• Like 1

I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think the CUP team once said that they would like to release the islands separately, so that the user won't have to download the whole pack. If that's the case, they (obviously) will have to find a way to remove these dependencies (if such a release system would come true of course [which would be cool!]).

I don't have to load all the islands, well at least when playing Pilgrimage on Chernarus for example i don't have to load all of them. All but 8 of them, at least. But yeah it would be cool if they have a work around for SP so that you don't have to load so many islands just to play one island. But it works at the end of the day, so i'm happy with that.

Again thanks CUP and the original AIA guys for getting this to work on ArmA3, appreciated!  ;)

So my big Arma3 thing is I want ponds. Am I correct in thinking that the CUP terrain pack is now downloadable,has ponds and is quite functional?In beta essentially? If so I am downloading now.I have good internet speed so dont mind redownloading for updates. So the maps are usable now yeah?

Edit- just downloaded them,and yes they are great! i wonder,do the ai know to go around the ponds? Or will they try to go through them? And do you have plans to add vapour on the water for when a heli is hovering low over it?

Otherwise-amazing job guys! The ponds edge looks so nice with the green plants showing through the water.

So my big Arma3 thing is I want ponds. Am I correct in thinking that the CUP terrain pack is now downloadable,has ponds and is quite functional?In beta essentially? 

The ponds are high contrast jet black/multicoloured when you view them from a distance, but up close they are nice!

Do we have any news on this addition to CUP? Before people go up in arms about me asking. There hasn't been a post in ages. 

Yes project is still alive and kicking, release is getting closer, we hope soon .

The people who work on terrains probably don't come around the forums too often but they're very active.

• Like 9

Do we have any news on this addition to CUP? Before people go up in arms about me asking. There hasn't been a post in ages. 

I'm actually glad that you've asked. Was wondering myself about the status.

• Like 1

Just played chernarus plus...... I know its diferent thread, but i want ask people more in "terrains" topic - is it gonna be possible to see Cherna+ without such errors and working menu?

Just played chernarus plus...... I know its diferent thread, but i want ask people more in "terrains" topic - is it gonna be possible to see Cherna+ without such errors and working menu?

No, because AFAIK porting Chernarus+ to A3 is violating the A3/DayZ EULA.

Damm it! I spented 2 hours on one mission, finally i got killed but i had savegames! And what? I cannot load savegame, beacuse it basis on deleted content "shapur.baf". I have only 3 CUP maps loaded with CUP_Terrains and i lost my savegame. 2 hours of playing, great. I dont want to some damm shapur, when i saw all maps separate i thinked it will work only with those.... but it isnt.

Damm it! I spented 2 hours on one mission, finally i got killed but i had savegames! And what? I cannot load savegame, beacuse it basis on deleted content "shapur.baf". I have only 3 CUP maps loaded with CUP_Terrains and i lost my savegame!!!! 2 hours of playing, great. I dont want to some damm shapur, when i saw all maps separate i thinked it will work only with those, which i loaded, why it isnt?!

Have you considered adding Shapur just to see if that fixes your problem?

• Like 1

Have you considered the fact that mistakes can slip in, even more when creating a project like this?

Also please show some respect, even if there's some problem nobody likes to deal with raging lunatics about something made for free in their spare time.

• Like 4

Have you considered the fact that the version currently publicly downloadable is a 4 months old release candidate which is nowhere near a final version and that the main purpose of its release was to collect bug reports?

• Like 2

OK, ok i'm just very nerwous about this.....lost 2 hours. I added all islands from the pack - i checked the savegame folder - files was there, but when arma 3 opened, i went to missions i havent option "Continue" or "restart" - i can only play from begin this mission, - what i will surely not do again.

OK, ok i'm just very nerwous about this.....lost 2 hours.

Geez, two hours? That is about the time I spend tweaking an SMDI texture. It took at more than two hours of more than one person to make these addons so you can "waste" tell how PLAYING on them, so please calm down and be considerate.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 1

Geez, two hours? That is about the time I spend tweaking an SMDI texture. It took at more than two hours of more than one person to make these addons so you can "waste" tell how PLAYING on them, so please calm down and be considerate.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Sorry.