cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

CUP doesn't disable infinite terrain on 3rd party maps (not that it's there place too), that'll crash the game, probably happens when you're near the edge of the map? Could probaby write something quickly.

If you'd like to write something that would be a big help to me and my community!!!

I really do apologize for not updating folks more, I just have not had any time at all lately. 

I'm a single parent of two kids, work full time at a job that requires I spend 1-2hours at home a night on work + deal with any emergencies, my weeks have been really nuts lately, and basically 2-3 out of the last 10-15 weeks have been "free" which basically get consumed catching up on things around the house, with the kids, or in rare cases... sleep.

This weekend is Halloween, so that's basically in the toilet already. Hopefully mid November through winter slow down a decent amount... but the kids might want to snowboard this winter, which won't bode well for modding time.

There are some other active folks, and last time I checked in there was some talk of someone else taking up the task and trying to make a push towards getting the RC buttoned up properly for release.

It's always lingering for me in my head, so I haven't given up, or thrown in the towel yet, I'm just not able to find any free time where I feel up to sitting at a computer for a long period of time... hopefully that changes in the next few weeks.

• Like 15

I dont think you have to apologize for anything m8. You are doing an amazing job - and by that i dont mean the terrains (which surely are an outstanding job too ;) ) - but working for your kids, dealing with hard times and making it possible to go snowboarding with your kids. Thats by far more important and i think you should be proud of that :)

I think everybody is gladly willing to wait for your release as long as it takes. The results will be worth it. Take your free time to relax or go outside with the kids :) - the community will wait and will welcome the released terrains when they are ready :)

Happy halloween to you and your kids.... btw..... will you tell them jimmy kimmel told you you ate their halloween candy? :)

• Like 7

Yeah men, family on the first place, dont change this ever. It biggest happiness in life, enjoy this, we can wait, no rush ;)

• Like 1

Don't worry guys! Me and a few other people are working on CUP TP. We started creating some tools that will make testing and packing the TP a lot easier and faster.

In the meantime, here is a dancing banana: :yay:

• Like 13

Don't worry guys! Me and a few other people are working on CUP TP. We started creating some tools that will make testing and packing the TP a lot easier and faster.

In the meantime, here is a dancing banana: :yay:

... i hate bananas.... <_<....... ;)

• Like 2

Snowboarding with your kids? What could possibly be more important and/or more fun? Currently I'm busy replacing my boys gear and watching our peaks. So far not a speck. November better be cold and wet or else we're gonna have a boring Xmas and New Year.

As a father who struggles, I can't imagine how you raise them alone, not to mention the time for modding. Have a break & take care of yourself. 

• Like 3

Snowboarding with your kids? What could possibly be more important and/or more fun? Currently I'm busy replacing my boys gear and watching our peaks. So far not a speck. November better be cold and wet or else we're gonna have a boring Xmas and New Year.

As a father who struggles, I can't imagine how you raise them alone, not to mention the time for modding. Have a break & take care of yourself. 

All this....

Consider that no one here would be happy if someone said I ignored my kids for a whole month so I could release a terrain pack... lol

Cheers for all you do in RL and for us in the community...

That goes for everyone in CUP.

If I had more terrain knowledge I would throw my hat on the ring to help...

I get that same memory issue even in vanilla ArmA 3 just flying around in a helicopter on Altis while recording/streaming.  Even after deleting the BI memory allocators.  Might just be an issue with ArmA 3 with certain computer specs (RAM?).

Cifor, as long as your education makes them play Arma one day, it's all ok.  :P  ;)

No, enjoy your time with them, mate! You'll see why this is important in some years (not talking about PC playing here).

Cheers.

Cifor, as long as your education makes them play Arma one day, it's all ok.  :P  ;)

No, enjoy your time with them, mate! You'll see why this is important in some years (not talking about PC playing here).

Cheers.

Actually I got my son interested in Arma thanks to this clever, interesting and non-violent mission:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/132098-sp-old-macdonalds-farm-adventure/

Of course he wants to fly da aroplain to shoot the boms but Mum wouldn't be very impressed

• Like 3

may be a stupid question, but what would be different / what is the difference between AiA Terrains Pack and CUP Terrains?

may be a stupid question, but what would be different / what is the difference between AiA Terrains Pack and CUP Terrains?

As I understand it : bug fixes and improvements.

Classnames, configs etc should remain the same (albeit said bug fixes), and allow 100% retro-compatibility with AiATP.

No, it's a very good question.

AiA, was a config compatibility mod, it's a mouthful, but basically, it made Arma 3 ignore Arma 2 stuff that conflicted or would otherwise crash the game. It therefore, could take A2 finished content, and make it work in A3, so, all the Arma 1/2 buildings, trees, bushes, and terrains would all "work". AIA moved on to do some improvements and add community content.

CUP is doing the same thing, however we are working directly with the source, and upgrading content to Arma 3 standards instead of forcing/allowing A2 content to work in A3. 

For many objects, this is as simple as changing their base class from house to house_f, or wall to wall_f, but many also require addition of physx LOD, or new Arma 3 memory point, or remapping of materials to A3 ca/data_f instead of A2's ca/data, or in some cases taking advantage of new materials offered in A3.

So, essentially the only difference is CUP_Terrains is still being worked on.

• Like 7

that is a ton of stuff you guys have to port rework just wonder in how many model you guys have ported so far ?

So: if I understand well, the CUP terrains will be more "functional" than AiA TP right? I really hope to don't see enemy walk in the middle of a building or pass a wall and come in my back like there is no wall. This kind of thinghs will you fix right?

So: if I understand well, the CUP terrains will be more "functional" than AiA TP right? I really hope to don't see enemy walk in the middle of a building or pass a wall and come in my back like there is no wall. This kind of thinghs will you fix right?

That happens in vanilla content so I wouldn't get your hopes up!

• Like 1

That happens in vanilla content so I wouldn't get your hopes up!

Oh really? To tell the truth I lookink on this kind of bugs only in A2 maps + AiA (for example all the desert maps with their tipical walls). I never see ai cross around a building on Stratis or Altis. They "see" the wall and go around it, not pass in the middle of it. Maybe I never see or what?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before: But as far as i understand it the Jbad buildings will be included in the CUP_Terrain pack right? I just think that would be awesome. And i'm sure i'm not the only one tired of getting stuck in floors roofs stairs,falling through the things mentioned and get the jumping/floating bug. This is specially noticeable with the terrains that use the Takistani style buildings. And i just can't wait to be able to play on the terrains without the bugs and the semi bullet proof windows. And having the Jbad buildings included in the CUP_Terrains would be such a blessing instead of having to download it separately. Yes sure it will make the file size a bit bigger,but i will take a bigger file size and improved quality over a smaller buggy file size just to save some precious space. If you want the best quality you have to make some sacrifices and in this case it's just some extra space on your hard drive. Keep up the awesome work guys and i can't wait to see the Jbad buildings among other things to be the new arma community standard. I''m sure once people have tried the jbad buildings and gave it a chance,i think it will be difficult for them to go back,and they will then understand that the extra disk space taken up is totally worth it. :)      Or perhaps release one version of CUP_Terrain with the JBAD  Buildings included and one without them,but i really don't see why people would want a version with buggy buildings etc just to save some precious HD space. It's not like hard drives are that expensive anymore.  

You're not alone Vasily.B. I have the exact same problem. It does it on both AIA and Cup versions for me. Tried with and without other mods running. Latest version non DEV!!! :(

Save's just won't load for me!

• Like 1

I have a question...

Can I start using cup terrains now instead of AIA? Will anything be affected or does everyone who joins server need to run it also?

Are there any issues with people joining, some using cup and some using aia?

Some of the members in the unit I'm with are running into a significant frame drop when zooming in, out, and turning quickly on the Takistan, and Chernarus maps. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if there is a fix for it?

Some of the members in the unit I'm with are running into a significant frame drop when zooming in, out, and turning quickly on the Takistan, and Chernarus maps. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if there is a fix for it?

Yes, since ArmA1  :lol:

• Like 4

Just to be clear : Stucking in jumping animation in the air often in buildings, floating bugs, walking through walls (specially AI) isnt AIA or CUP bug, or it isnt ANY OTHER ISLAND DEVELOPERS BUG. It vanilla game bug. Wanna clear example? Put some vehicle on the tight road surrounded by houses (Stratis or Altis) and order your AI folks to get in, watch their pathes. Other example, get 4 man squad (with AI only) and get in any big building, watch how Ai will stuck in random places. DO THIS ALL TESTS WITHOUT ANY MOD IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME. THEN ASK DEVELOPERS TO "FIX THIS". Its impossible till bohemia work this out, but they writed its ipossible to fix AI walking through walls. This bug have nothing to do with collision files.

Hey guys,

I have question:
Would you rather suggest to still use AiA in active use or switch over to CUP Terrains even though its not finished yet?

I know that in some points CUP is definitally better - even now - but I'm not sure if my unit should switch now or not!

Many Greetings
Moony