cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

Hello. I was just curious what the state of the current RC is relative to AiA TP? In other words, is it at least equivalent bug wise, or are there additional outstanding issues that have yet to be addressed? 

Was thinking about swapping to the RC from AiA.

Hello. I was just curious what the state of the current RC is relative to AiA TP? In other words, is it at least equivalent bug wise, or are there additional outstanding issues that have yet to be addressed? 

Was thinking about swapping to the RC from AiA.

I did it, and i dont recomend it for now, as it have lot more bugs than AIA. Developers still working on fixing them, but falling walls, FPS issues, transparent objects, shadow bugs..... its like early stages of AIA.

Those two pbo's aren't signed at all. They will be on the final release, It was just a simple way for me to keep track of what I have re-worked from source files. 

So our group just spent an hour re-key signing all the pbo's because we thought it was an error on our side and then I saw this  :rolleyes:

Would it be possible to keysign all PBO's before final release for people who like to keysign their servers? Btw loving CUP so far, can't get over how good the ponds and rivers look!  :D

So, I got back into the swing of things a BIT today, I've re-sync'd the repo since a few folks have been working on stuff while I've been MIA. 

I'm going to get a short list together and start working on getting the blockers identified and resolved. It's not too much work, but it's not a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

For anyone who's not familiar, terrains and objects for terrains have a lot of special requirements by both BI in game, and Mikero in packing with his tools... so even getting a fairly experienced modder to get the repo cloned and placed properly in a properly configured P: drive is a task. Even once that's done, packing it can be problematic.

It's hard for me to pick back up also after a 4-6 week break, but I think I've got a pretty good handle on it to start moving forward again.

I've talked to M1lkm8n in the interim as well, he plans on going through the JBAD buildings to do some misc fixes, and integrate some new buildings he's done (Check them out here: Sawmill: 

and Repair Station: 
) once he's done with that, I will start integrating the jbad buildings.

This is good news really, as it gives me good reason to focus on finalizing the existing issues, and getting a release out instead of trying to get more Jbad buildings integrated before release.

I'm going to do my best to have a release out on Steam by mid/late October. Obviously can not make any promises, but work has slowed down a bit, and I SHOULD be able to dedicate enough focus to the project to get it done by then.... fingers' crossed.

Great news. But I know that Jbad buildings had one gameplay issue. Some house can be destroyed with 1-3 underbarrel grenades.

Hi,

I want to ask did you fix bug from AiA_TP with red brick house on Cherno in Stary Sobor (grid-[6234.99,7723.95,0] ID-204362) because if you try to shoot thru window from or outside this building you will see effect like you shoot on the ground.

Will missions made with cup_terrains be compatible with AiA maps?

Yes, same with A3MP

Very nice work! Thanks for the efforts!

I just wanted to notify you guys that Chernarus, Chernarus Summer, Desert, Porto, Rahmadi, CUP_Terrains and United Sahrani  contain capitals in some their pbo names which means they will not load on linux servers.

Will CUP Terrains contain MBG Buildings and Killhouses?

I miss that radio transmitter  :rolleyes:

Any chance your adding support for Celle 2? Very buggy for me and I keep getting memory leaks...

If you building a map is it better to use this or AiA?

He's busy with real life commitments, there are other people working on the terrains though.

great job to the community! Thx, we are curious ;)

more enterable buildings and ai fixes will be great.

Ive got some strange situation guys. It started with AiA and now it happenc with CUP as well. Its respawn menu in single player missions showing up after loading savegame. There is no possiblity to load ANY savegame, even from vanilla missions. Look kow it work:
https://youtu.be/SlpJr9QaS08.

Ive got some strange situation guys. It started with AiA and now it happenc with CUP as well. Its respawn menu in single player missions showing up after loading savegame. There is no possiblity to load ANY savegame, even from vanilla missions. Look kow it work:

That's nothing that is caused by CUP. Try without any other addon.

Please try without any other mods except CUP and associated requirements

I have tried by disabling one by one. It happen with AIA. So i want the developers know this MAY be present in CUP (sorry for misunderstanding)

Love using CUP terrains, would like to use celle 2 but whenever I use the map I get this error after some time, Does anyone know a fix?

6249bbcf1b055881e20bc7282f082c9a.png

Love using CUP terrains, would like to use celle 2 but whenever I use the map I get this error after some time, Does anyone know a fix?

6249bbcf1b055881e20bc7282f082c9a.png

CUP doesn't disable infinite terrain on 3rd party maps (not that it's there place too), that'll crash the game, probably happens when you're near the edge of the map? Could probaby write something quickly.

• Like 3