cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

Any updates? Are you planning to have another release candidate before full release?

Any updates? Are you planning to have another release candidate before full release?

I'm not sure. I haven't had any time to even think about modding or the build. 

I'm hoping things slow down for me in the next week or two, but I don't know how realistic that is.

As long as I can find the time to go through what's been reported, and what I know I need to do, there won't be a need for another RC. I'll just do a full release. But.. I already know this weekend won't work, and not sure about the one after that but not looking great... so not sure when it's going to happen... and stepping back into it after a 3-5 week gap is never the best thing in the world.

Hi,

I am trying to run the RC on a dedicated server using CUP_TP_v0.1rc_06.08.2015.zip

I am using @CUP_Terrains and @CUP_Chernarus i am using the CUP_Terrains.bikey from the keys folder into the server keys folder.

When using verifySignatures   = 2; I get errors joining the server as below.

Is there another key that is unpublished or is it not available as its a RC ?

Warning Message: Files "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CUP_Terrains\addons\ca.pbo", "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CUP_Terrains\addons\cti_buildings.pbo", "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CUP_Terrains\addons\models_dbe1.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Thanks in advance.

Is this normal that on low shadow detail i got terrible glitches on all arma 1 terrains same as in AiA TP? To be clear - i dont use any above low shadow setting, beacuse of render method - grainy shadows are terrible and ugly, so i prefer low.

As of falling walls i recomend @RDS_A2_IslandFixes - contact with its developer, and you will know how to fix it.

Hi,

I am trying to run the RC on a dedicated server using CUP_TP_v0.1rc_06.08.2015.zip

I am using @CUP_Terrains and @CUP_Chernarus i am using the CUP_Terrains.bikey from the keys folder into the server keys folder.

When using verifySignatures   = 2; I get errors joining the server as below.

Is there another key that is unpublished or is it not available as its a RC ?

Warning Message: Files "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CUP_Terrains\addons\ca.pbo", "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CUP_Terrains\addons\cti_buildings.pbo", "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CUP_Terrains\addons\models_dbe1.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Thanks in advance.

Those two pbo's aren't signed at all. They will be on the final release, It was just a simple way for me to keep track of what I have re-worked from source files. 

Is this normal that on low shadow detail i got terrible glitches on all arma 1 terrains same as in AiA TP? To be clear - i dont use any above low shadow setting, beacuse of render method - grainy shadows are terrible and ugly, so i prefer low.

As of falling walls i recomend @RDS_A2_IslandFixes - contact with its developer, and you will know how to fix it.

I'm entirely sure, I'll look into it. The walls I know how to fix, it's just a matter of getting the work done.

• Like 1

Great, so i'm waiting for update! Good luck with fantastic job! And... is there any chance of Chernarus + from DayZ? I was looking (googling) yesterday night till i fal in sleep.

Great, so i'm waiting for update! Good luck with fantastic job! And... is there any chance of Chernarus + from DayZ? I was looking (googling) yesterday night till i fal in sleep.

You can not port Chernarus+ from DayZ, it's against the EULA.

Many thanks cifordayzserver and all involved for the hard work.  Looking forward to release.

You can not port Chernarus+ from DayZ, it's against the EULA.

Anyone have a handle on about when this might happen for Chernarus+, based on BIS past track record?

(as with how we were eventually allowed to port A1 & A2 content to A3)

Any closer or further ETA for the release or update? Chernarus is little "unplayable" with this walls (ai see through them)

Any closer or further ETA for the release or update? Chernarus is little "unplayable" with this walls (ai see through them)

please do not ask for updates as it is considered harassment in some terms. Just giving a heads up so a mod doesnt have to handle it. 

Looking great by the way. Very interested in seeing how this runs upon full release

please do not ask for updates as it is considered harassment in some terms. Just giving a heads up so a mod doesnt have to handle it. 

Looking great by the way. Very interested in seeing how this runs upon full release

Then sorry. I dont want to be rude, i just asked..... ;)

When the next Dayz comes out or the current becomes obsolete.

True... that may be a while though.

I had a dream that Tanoa came out, and they offered Chernarus+ as a DLC for ArmA3, and Tanoa as a DLC for DayZ.  Who knows, maybe that's how it'll pan out!

I haven't done anything at all on the project in 3+ weeks. Things at work are KIND OF returning to normal, however truth be told, I'm really self-sabotaging by spending any time on modding. The job I do isn't exactly a 9-5 thing, and distracting myself to the degree I have to in order to get into a modding mindset, and dedicating that much of my attention and focus to something not related to work is definitely counter-productive to my professional life.

I'm going to try to wade back into it over the few weeks and see how well/if I can continue to divide my time between work and modding. This coming weekend and next week both don't look good

at all so far...

On top of the personal issues, I also have at least two issues that are causing Arma to crash fairly often, so even when I do go to take a look, or try to get motivated, it pretty much gets killed by inability to even keep the game running.

On a more upbeat note, Waffle started work on fixing the streetlights, and there are a decent amount of bug reports that could be addressed by anyone as well. 

The project is fully public, and anyone who's willing/able to join is welcome. It's certainly not rocket science, and there really isn't much standing between the current state and a release-ready version... Mainly just building configs needed for the one buildings.pbo. I have 99percent of them pathed differently, so it just take some copy/pasting with knowledge of what goes where and how it should be pathed.

On the Chernarus+ topic... 

I could see BI offering C+ as either a DLC, or maybe even for free, but I could also very easily understand them never doing so. I don't think it would be good for the DayZ Team's morale to have their work given away, and I don't see the Arma Community being too welcoming to paid DLC that includes something (even if partially) from a previous library... although who knows.

Alternatively they could also change the rules for cross platform content use, in which case, I'd be more than happy to include it in CUP_Terrains... although I think that's sort of a pipe dream? Who knows though, BI are a great company who very clearly like to share as much of their own work as reasonably possible.

• Like 1

I say put it up as a £5 DLC..... I'd buy it to get the enhanced features - more useful than the marksman pack anyway... :-)

• Like 2

The project is fully public, and anyone who's willing/able to join is welcome. 

Do you have GitHub setup somewhere? Or something that many people could contribute into, not overwriting their work?

Do you have GitHub setup somewhere? Or something that many people could contribute into, not overwriting their work?

You need to join the skype group to coordinate with admins to get added to the repo probably best to ask on the forums: http://forums.cup-arma3.org/

Hi,

Was just wondering if you guys would be ever looking at fixing the water line bug on CLAfgan as part of this ?

Hi,

Was just wondering if you guys would be ever looking at fixing the water line bug on CLAfgan as part of this ?

As for now, 3rd party terrain bugs and/or integration are not on our list.

If Clafghan uses vanilla ponds the fix should be automatic, as soon as you switch from AIATP to CUPTP.

If it uses custom ponds (like i remember there were in A2) then i think the fix is never going to happen.

If the pond bug persists past the update that fixed it (1.49 I think?) then it's due to the terrain having multiple instances of the same pond object called. Mikero has a tool to auto-fix the issue for terrain makers, but as stated, fixes to 3rd party terrains are not planned.

So, I got back into the swing of things a BIT today, I've re-sync'd the repo since a few folks have been working on stuff while I've been MIA. 

I'm going to get a short list together and start working on getting the blockers identified and resolved. It's not too much work, but it's not a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

For anyone who's not familiar, terrains and objects for terrains have a lot of special requirements by both BI in game, and Mikero in packing with his tools... so even getting a fairly experienced modder to get the repo cloned and placed properly in a properly configured P: drive is a task. Even once that's done, packing it can be problematic.

It's hard for me to pick back up also after a 4-6 week break, but I think I've got a pretty good handle on it to start moving forward again.

I've talked to M1lkm8n in the interim as well, he plans on going through the JBAD buildings to do some misc fixes, and integrate some new buildings he's done (Check them out here: Sawmill: 

and Repair Station: 
) once he's done with that, I will start integrating the jbad buildings.

This is good news really, as it gives me good reason to focus on finalizing the existing issues, and getting a release out instead of trying to get more Jbad buildings integrated before release.

I'm going to do my best to have a release out on Steam by mid/late October. Obviously can not make any promises, but work has slowed down a bit, and I SHOULD be able to dedicate enough focus to the project to get it done by then.... fingers' crossed.

• Like 14