cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

So just a question: Is there any plans to add JBAD, & Arma2 vegetation reconfigured, to CUP_Terrains eventually,or have a pack that includes them in the download? Or will we always have to launch Jbad separately for the maps that require it? It's no big deal,it's just that it sometime can be a bit hard to convince other crew members to download jbad etc unless i'ts either included in a pack or integrated in a addon. Thanks for all the awesome and hard work you guys are doing for the arma community and improving the experience. This is a start of a new era,can't wait to see what the future brings.     

CUP_Terrains contains ALL the vegetation from A1 and A2. It's all been gone through by Threedots, and will continue to be updated/fixed anytime a new issue is discovered. Jbad is it's own project, and the models M1lkm8n produces for it are in his namespace. I take those, move them back into CA namespace, and make the retextured versions for other terrains. That work has not really begun yet.

I thought that this was already included in the release?

Only the fixes for the BI terrains, I might integrate all of them, I just have to be sure it's been ok'd by all the authors of those terrains.

Is there going to be a "united Chernarus" with Utes out in the ocean somewhere?

That would require source release from BI, that hasn't happened yet for any terrain other than Sahrani.

Hi !

I gave it a try to RC. First I want to say it's already playable and better than AiATP. This is awesome ! I can't wait for official release ! 

I noticed a few errors at the moment :

- missing texture

K2QNpndt.png

- missing trees

Wa5UalYt.png

- LOD issue ?

bA90wdQt.png

I hope this will help !

Thanks for the reports, on the missing trees, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is that a 3rd party terrain? or one in the pack? as stated, it's best to report this stuff on our bug tracker, I will create a ticket for the missing texture, the pink roofs are a known issue.

Got quite a bit done this weekend.

- normalized all the CUP_ configs, and ensured they had the proper AiA patching as well

- Removed duplicate scenes references and folders

- Removed a bunch of un-used models

- Got CA/Data packing FINALLY - this was the last CA folder I could not get to pack, after DL'ing the CWR2 data files, and deleting some incomplete models, everything packs, and seems to be fine in game.

- Resolved a few of the bug reports  :)

- Identified a few more  :(

It's getting there. I'm going to go through this week in my spare time and try to rectify the building issues that have been reported, and the one's I'm aware of.

• Like 6

BTW, on a quick test I´ve noticed that the Hangar small doors on Sahrani´s main airport are blacked out (probably untextured due to config error) and Mikero´s islands (Malden 2010, Everon 2014, vt5, etc aren´t compactible cus they still require specific AIA_TP files)

Just to add to all reports already given =)

cheers!

Thanks for the reports, on the missing trees, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is that a 3rd party terrain? or one in the pack? as stated, it's best to report this stuff on our bug tracker, I will create a ticket for the missing texture, the pink roofs are a known issue.

That's Porto, an ArmA (1) terrain, included in the pack.

Got quite a bit done this weekend.

- normalized all the CUP_ configs, and ensured they had the proper AiA patching as well

- Removed duplicate scenes references and folders

- Removed a bunch of un-used models

- Got CA/Data packing FINALLY - this was the last CA folder I could not get to pack, after DL'ing the CWR2 data files, and deleting some incomplete models, everything packs, and seems to be fine in game.

- Resolved a few of the bug reports  :)

- Identified a few more  :(

It's getting there. I'm going to go through this week in my spare time and try to rectify the building issues that have been reported, and the one's I'm aware of.

You going to keep pushing updates to the RC or just release when you're done?

Keep in mind one thing, Cifor - we all love your for this great effort! It's hard to believe a sole modder can achieve such great things!

• Like 2

Only the fixes for the BI terrains, I might integrate all of them, I just have to be sure it's been ok'd by all the authors of those terrains.

It would be great if you could integrate all of them because the CUP TP will be an All-in-One pack for everything Arma 2 terrain related stuff.  No need to get extra stuff.  And as I am sure you know, Evro made it so if you don't have those custom maps, the configs will be there and not create a dependency.

Hi!

Chernarus winter map is planned for a future release?

Hi!

Chernarus winter map is planned for a future release?

I dunno, it really depends on who goes through all the vegetation again. Ideally what we'd need to do, is recolor all the fall trees for summer versions, and then strip the leaves entirely for a winter version. Bushes would all need to be investigated to see which would completely wither, which would be just branches, and which would be evergreen... so it's sort of a large task... then you'd need to do winter versions of the ground textures as well.

It's certainly not impossible, but it's a lot of work that currently, I haven't heard anyone express any interest in attempting. At some point in the future I might have a go at it, but it's pretty far out of my comfort zone.

It would be great if you could integrate all of them because the CUP TP will be an All-in-One pack for everything Arma 2 terrain related stuff.  No need to get extra stuff.  And as I am sure you know, Evro made it so if you don't have those custom maps, the configs will be there and not create a dependency.

Well, to be blunt, I'm a stickler for the rules, so, that's just not going to happen w/o getting permission from all the authors. I will put together a spreadsheet with all the patched terrains, and start contacting folks. Shouldn't be THAT hard to get the majors covered.

Failing that it will have to be something that is handled by a 3rd party addon as I'm not willing to patch other people's work without the express written permission.

You going to keep pushing updates to the RC or just release when you're done?

I'm not sure, I have to discuss it a bit more with a few of the more code/version/publishing savy folks in the group. I think NeoArmageddeon is working on a patch-able version? I may release a patch either way this weekend to get some more feedback, as I had culled out a lot of the AiA tags from the cfgpatches, which I've re-added so it maintains backward compatibility with missions/mods. I want to be sure that's working before a public release.

I still have the buildings errors to go through which is the biggest list and will take the most work to resolve so, we'll see where I stand after trying to get more of that done, and after having talked to the other CUP guys about how best to handle patches.

I dunno, it really depends on who goes through all the vegetation again. Ideally what we'd need to do, is recolor all the fall trees for summer versions, and then strip the leaves entirely for a winter version. Bushes would all need to be investigated to see which would completely wither, which would be just branches, and which would be evergreen... so it's sort of a large task... then you'd need to do winter versions of the ground textures as well.

It's certainly not impossible, but it's a lot of work that currently, I haven't heard anyone express any interest in attempting. At some point in the future I might have a go at it, but it's pretty far out of my comfort zone.

I tried with the Arma2 version by ArmanIII with @Cup_terrains and it works! But they are many white artefacts on the outside of the playable zone...

I don't know if it 's easy to fix that (probably not) but I really want to see this map on Arma3 for several months !

Nice work anyway and good luck :)

New RC test build with lots of fixes, still not quite ready for a release, but figured I'd put out a fresh build to get fresh reports.

https://plus.google.com/+NonovUrbizniz/posts/55L9j9aWi9c

Known issues:

Pink Roofs on Dum_olez_istan2 on A1 terrains

Some A1 lamp posts now fall over weird
A1 Walls fall correctly A2 Walls do not (I am going through EVERY object and changing to the A3 damage types on the model level so they no longer flop over oddly)

• Like 7

Hey guys over at DonkeyPunch I have been working on that Chernarus winter to go along with my seasonal rotation of summer and fall. I'm going to get the rc build going and test out my current work with cup terrains.

I'll get back to you on my success and failures in the process I'm all for sharing my work.

I still haven't hit up the skype but will someday soon when I'm off work

EDIT: Initial tests in editor prove well. After work today I'll get into what out of bounds white artifacts you are talking about, I wasn't seeing that on A3MP nor AiA.

• Like 1

A1 Walls fall correctly A2 Walls do not (I am going through EVERY object and changing to the A3 damage types on the model level so they no longer flop over oddly)

Now THAT is some serious dedication!

Can't wait to roam the old battle ground in A3  :)

Chernarus winter was a full success, ran cup terrains and cup weapons and jbad buildings alongside Epochs latest. All went well and dedicated server started, ran into a few problems with cfg calls to the other maps which caused me to have to load the entire cup package with each @mod enabled on the server but still a success at this time with winter shows how much extra effort to make the entire package compatible hit the mark bullseye.

I am now going to transfer over the rotation setup and cup terrains will be the addon that will allow me to complete my seasonal rotation idea. Right now I'm running summer and fall rotation with AiA on the main, with winter working I'll get cup terrains to run summer then fall then winter.

Been so busy haven't gotten to Skype yet but I'm off 2 in a row tomorrow and the the next.

Talk to you soon chair and cifor

I downloaded the latest RC of CUP_Terrains and I have to say, it's amazing, especially Chernarus with the ponds !  And finally no satmap Tiling bug.  :lol: 

You are doing a really nice work !

My apologise if this has been asked before, but will the OFP islands be added to the Terrain Pack?

I don't think that was ever discussed, although i remember someone else in the community made them all in a single terrain and they were compatible with AiA.

Yeah, MSKE 4 islands Map. You got Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Bonusisland.

Yeah, MSKE 4 islands Map. You got Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Bonusisland.

That and other Hotzeplot (vt5, Everon 2014, etc)  islands need a fix config, they´re still requiring some AiA_TP specific files =/

At one point in putting the package together, I deleted out all the AiA CfgPatches. I re-added them to tall the dummies last update, and will go through the remaining pbo's to ensure they all have their AiA patches, this SHOULD make it 100 percent backward compatible. I will try to ensure that's all done for a final test build.

• Like 1

I don't think that was ever discussed, although i remember someone else in the community made them all in a single terrain and they were compatible with AiA.

LOL actually I seem to remember someone on the CUP posting a screenshot of one of the OFP terrains in Arma 3 way back in the early beginning of the project. But yeah, not really on the table right now.

I'm sorry if this was  writed before, but is this normal, that all optic from RHS : Escalation is mounted too high? I use CBA and dont use ADSG Joint Rails, or any other mod.

How is this related to our mod, exactly? :D

I think he means RHS optics on CUP weapons.

We are considering to correct this, but it will take some time.