cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

Sorry if this has been answered already, but...

Will there be both a FULL and LITE version, similar to AiA_TP it's LITE version?  While I'd like to use the full version, most people seem to prefer the LITE version of AiA_TP simply because it is a smaller filesize.  Players who use either full or lite are able to play together in the same server with no issues (none that I know of, anyway).  A good example is running the FULL version would be great on a nice desktop, but LITE would be better on a laptop or low-end desktop.

My two cents.

It is all Modular 

I made a patch about that for AiATP some times ago, you can take it here :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181164-sparfells-workshop/?hl=sparfell%26%2339%3Bs

I'm pretty sure it will be fixed in CUP terrain.

Thank you, kind Sir. I've always been copypasting old wrecks around because AiA overwrites / disables them.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but...

Will there be both a FULL and LITE version, similar to AiA_TP it's LITE version?  While I'd like to use the full version, most people seem to prefer the LITE version of AiA_TP simply because it is a smaller filesize.  Players who use either full or lite are able to play together in the same server with no issues (none that I know of, anyway).  A good example is running the FULL version would be great on a nice desktop, but LITE would be better on a laptop or low-end desktop.

My two cents.

There won't be a LITE package. It's a lot more work to build and maintain, and it's not exactly in line with the scope of the Community "Upgrade" Project.

The "Lite" package for AiA included low res textures where available.

kju messaged me and advised that making the LITE package isn't that big a deal, I will work on that AFTER I've managed to get a release out and published.

I'm trying to make my way through the last little bits, but time is hard to come by.

Of course!  Prioritize the primary full build and work on the secondary (LITE) build when you're up to it and can get around to it afterwards, unless it's too tedious of a job.  In that case, I'd totally understand. /patronize

kju messaged me and advised that making the LITE package isn't that big a deal, I will work on that AFTER I've managed to get a release out and published.

I'm trying to make my way through the last little bits, but time is hard to come by.

Thanks man. You must know that about 894327947832543897593456 people are eagerly waiting ;)

Still in need of a fair amount of fixes for the A1 content (buildings and misc). I HOPE to get them done this weekend. Any additional notes or bug fixes can be posted on here or the bugtracker:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109718245683061406146/stream/a4da5360-6493-4499-8dc7-250ebc2e042d

I guess this explains the stuttering especially in town centers (I tried Zargabad and Cherno for example)? Pretty big problem currently. AiA doesn't have the same problem. Not really enjoyable when turing around and fps drops dramatically.

Also Chernarus Summer doesn't look much different than normal.

Happy bug hunting! I can already feel the release hype!

Is there a list of already known issues so we at least know to not keep reporting the same known issue over and over again?

Please keep in mind this is still a release candidate and not a stable release.

It is meant exactly at collecting feedback and solve issues that slipped through.

We also have a public Skype chat group if you want contact us directly:

skype:?chat&blob=oiX7kRzQdm2qikPWDE6DMPK5ZUM-LxX0RrX87OQjxXyTa9gzwfF4lfh3MaeTJXkebnE7hmIE0i_o6xo

Amazing job guys, everything looks good and I actually gained some fps in a lot of places. Thanks for all the work you've put into this.

I believe it's safe to drop ascz's AIA map fixes and extensions mods, and ThreeDots vegetation, since I'm pretty sure I read that they are all included, but how about JBAD Buildings? Are all of the JBAD buildings included in the @CUP_Terrains folder? Do I still need to be running the standalone JBAD mod?

Amazing job guys, everything looks good and I actually gained some fps in a lot of places. Thanks for all the work you've put into this.

I believe it's safe to drop ascz's AIA map fixes and extensions mods, and ThreeDots vegetation, since I'm pretty sure I read that they are all included, but how about JBAD Buildings? Are all of the JBAD buildings included in the @CUP_Terrains folder? Do I still need to be running the standalone JBAD mod?

I've gotten a few reports of big frame drops when looking away from, and then back to cities on Chernarus and Zargabad (I think) I'm not sure if that's the case or not. I'll have to wait to get more input.

Threedot's fixes/changes are fully integrated. I haven't gone through the various patch mods yet. Although I'm fairly sure some of those fixes are already integrated to the package I started with.

Anything designed with a Jbad dependency will ALWAYS require Jbad. The way buildings work, they can not be called by anything other then their actual model name. So if a terrain maker designed his A3 terrain with Jbad dependency, they will have to go back through and change those paths back to CA names.

Currently I haven't gotten ANY of the jbad buildings integrated.

One thing I'm wondering, is if I want Threedot's fixes to apply to non CUP terrains maps, how do make them apply?  I did a brief test where I activated both CUP and another map (FDF Podogorsk) on the client and server, and I was unable to shoot through vegetation, which I believe was one of the features of the Threedot's fixes.  I'm not really about the load order because if I put CUP first and Podogorsk second on the launcher (or server shortcut) on the RPT it shows Podogorsk first and CUP second. 

I know that load order doesn't seem to matter with CUP itself, as I've tried putting the data both before and after the maps, but I never get any errors no matter what. 

One thing I'm wondering, is if I want Threedot's fixes to apply to non CUP terrains maps, how do make them apply?  I did a brief test where I activated both CUP and another map (FDF Podogorsk) on the client and server, and I was unable to shoot through vegetation, which I believe was one of the features of the Threedot's fixes.  I'm not really about the load order because if I put CUP first and Podogorsk second on the launcher (or server shortcut) on the RPT it shows Podogorsk first and CUP second. 

I know that load order doesn't seem to matter with CUP itself, as I've tried putting the data both before and after the maps, but I never get any errors no matter what. 

Doesn't Threedot's fix change the config of the original vegetation itself? So it should work with any map that uses Chernarus's Vegetation. 

So just a question: Is there any plans to add JBAD, & Arma2 vegetation reconfigured, to CUP_Terrains eventually,or have a pack that includes them in the download? Or will we always have to launch Jbad separately for the maps that require it? It's no big deal,it's just that it sometime can be a bit hard to convince other crew members to download jbad etc unless i'ts either included in a pack or integrated in a addon. Thanks for all the awesome and hard work you guys are doing for the arma community and improving the experience. This is a start of a new era,can't wait to see what the future brings.     

I will make it work with CUP TP, don't worry ;) Maybe we could even integrate it directly into CUP TP, who knows.

I thought that this was already included in the release?

Is there going to be a "united Chernarus" with Utes out in the ocean somewhere?

• Like 1

Hi !

I gave it a try to RC. First I want to say it's already playable and better than AiATP. This is awesome ! I can't wait for official release ! 

I noticed a few errors at the moment :

- missing texture

K2QNpndt.png

- missing trees

Wa5UalYt.png

- LOD issue ?

bA90wdQt.png

I hope this will help !