cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

Is the water level on Sahrani going to be corrected? AiATP got it couple of meters short.

Is there any remote chance of modernizing old texture LODs to match a litle bit more modern standards?

Yes, that's not what I call "VERY similar" ! Those are big improvements !! Thx again CiforDayZServer !!

Judging by all those posts about not being able to enjoy the old maps because they weren't sure that the had AiA hotfix, I'd say that this as well as the great upgrades that you pointed out, are a HUGE bonus. My guess is that having had your nose to the grindstone, its ground off your nose and sense of pride. Way to go! Serioulsy BIS should be showering you with coins to release their old maps but with A3 quality.

When this does get released, I'm assuming we'll need to remove Three Dots' stand alone addon, correct?

Speaking of getting more publicity, are you guys going to publish this on the Steam Workshop? That's probably the best way to get exposure.

Speaking of getting more publicity, are you guys going to publish this on the Steam Workshop? That's probably the best way to get exposure.

Yes, it will be on Steam WOrkshop as well as other sources like Armaholic

Steam workshop alow this size addons?

Odesláno z mého GT-N7100 pomocí Tapatalk

Edited by Branzik

Serioulsy BIS should be showering you with coins to release their old maps but with A3 quality.
There's a story about that, but I don't believe that that's mine to tell...

Great work, so many mods include this and adds great variety to the community

Stran workshop alow this sítě addons?

Odesláno z mého GT-N7100 pomocí Tapatalk

Yes, we're allowed to publish our mods to Steam Workshop as the work is all BI source, and our own work, or work of other community authors who have provided permission. We have very strict rules and procedures for permissions.

There's a story about that, but I don't believe that that's mine to tell...

I don't know about all that. Honestly, in my opinion the only people who should be paying for playable content for Arma 3 are the players. I know that's not a popular opinion. but BI has already provided the platform, the tools, and in the case of CUP an ENORMOUS library of content to use for free. Short of an enormous library of fresh/new content, I don't see the motivation, or logic, in BI paying for people to re-work assets they might even have already done themselves and decided not to use... or of unknown quality/content. They could inadvertently pay for stolen models or IP infringing content.

I for one (and this is not a statement from CUP by ANY means, it's my personal opinion) wish that Steam/BI would enable paid mods, and donations to modders through steam. I don't even mind the previous split that was experimented with by Steam/Bethesda.

CUP would obviously never go behind a paywall, but it would be nice to have a central/easy place for players to donate or for modders to charge for their addons if they so wish.

On an entirely less divisive note....

I had entirely forgotten about the model.cfg issues I had due to my use of PBOProject pro, it now checks for external references in model.cfgs, so I had to go through 104 of them and "fix" them.

That's done, but needs some final tweaking.

For the DBE (united sahrani) models, There is no source available to date, so, I will just include the pbo from AiA. I MAY end up doing the same with the few remaining files that are left to be gone though, but I have to check them all before releasing the package.

The package I have now, is fairly complete. There are 11 of the pbo's from AiA I haven't gone through yet. They're all fairly simple, so it should go quick. I spent a good deal of time today on it, and hopefully will be able to truck through tomorrow. But my back has been really bad lately, and I can't set myself up for a bad week at work... so we'll see.

Excite !

How will SMD Sahrani be represented ?

We have a mission being built on it now and it would be brilliant to be easily ported a cross when cup is released.

Good news. Hope you and your back do ok bro :)

just wondering, What kinda filesizes are we looking at? For like the main cup stuff and then the maps?

If CUP Terrain remains structured according to the AiA "Terrain Data Pack" method, then you may expect several gigabytes for the core package and then dozens to hundreds of megabytes for individual terrains.

@CUP_Terrains = 5.63gb

@CUP_Terrains_AiA = 0.97gb

@CUP_Chernarus (largest terrain) = 328mb

@CUP_Rahmadi (smallest terrain) = 25mb

Everything all together is 8.53gb

@CUP_Terrains = 5.63gb

whats CUP_Terrains_AiA?

@CUP_Terrains = 5.63gb

Is there not just going to be an all in one package like AIATP?

Quick on are you planing to add All Fortifications and warfare buildings to zeus

Would be great to be able to place them on the fly

i know its alot of adding classnames to cfg patches but would be great addition

whats CUP_Terrains_AiA?
@CUP_Terrains - Natural and Artificial Objects (buildings, misc, signs, plants, structures)

@CUP_Terrains_AiA - Compatibility Addons (data, languages, missions, sounds, ui, unit/weapon/vehicle "dummy" pbo's)

5 chars

whats CUP_Terrains_AiA?
Is there not just going to be an all in one package like AIATP?
Quick on are you planing to add All Fortifications and warfare buildings to zeus

Would be great to be able to place them on the fly

i know its alot of adding classnames to cfg patches but would be great addition

Like Defunkt quoted, it's the compatibility configs, and data folders. Idea being, that as we upgrade the "natural and artificial objects" (vegetation, signs, buildgins, misc objects etc) to A3 standards, and therefore break them from their dependency on the A2 legacy data, we will eventually have an A3 standalone package that doesn't require the @CUP_Terrains_AiA compatibility pbos.

++++

I got ALMOST 100 percent done today... there are some last bits I want to fix with the buildings.pbo that I've already fixed for SMD_Sahrani, so I have to just move them back into the CA\buildings namespace and overwrite the ones used in AiA. They are legitimately broken right now in my build, so I have to fix those.

I'm going to pack/upload a build for other CUP members and our testing group to check out. and start collecting some bug reports from them.

Hey mate,

Looking forward for a successor of AiA TP :)

Small request. Many airports on the old BIS Maps (Chernarus, Takistan) have wrong runway labeling. Most are just on the wrong end of the runway ;-). Can this be fixed or is it not possible to change classnames inside the projects?

I would of course check all the maps for the errors and give you a list.

Thank you.

Best regards

What do you mean with wrong runway labeling?

The direction indicators of the runways?

Yes, exactly. Example Chernarus Main Airport. The Rwy should have the marking of the direction its heading. But its reversed. Its marked with the direction its coming from. Same applies to Rasman Airfield on Takistan. While the South Airport is correct, the northern one is reversed.

I agree, labeling is a bit a wierd word for markings :D

I can provide a more clear explanation in the evening if needed.

Thank you.

No i understand what you mean, just never noticed.

Also yes, if you could provide a list of the airfields that need fixing that would save some time thanks.

Will send you the list directly.

Thank you.

Best regards

Editing anything on the terrains other than Sahrani is something that will take trickery for now, I will discuss it with NeoArmageddeon.

In the meantime, I've fixed a few of the glaring issues, but not all of them.

I was able to find a version of the Panelaks that will work as a replacement.

Imgur Album with some teaser pics: http://imgur.com/a/8tS5Z

zZue67Zl.jpg

kBX7kHFl.jpg

XnmoUB7l.jpg

LlqKB6ul.jpg

Does the ponds still have that wierd color thing when you look at them from a distance (aka Brown turn green and such)