cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

I'm beginning to doubt my 8 week max estimate though
Don't put any more time frames up, pal. Life is too precious and the little ones grow way too fast to be stressing over things like this. You'll get it done when life permits. If anyone wants to cry over the time frame, let them help. The simple fact that you've decided to pick up the pieces at all, should be good enough. Thank you.

Never thought about the setvelocity trick. I should try it.

Friction with water will stop the boats down anyway but it was enough to give the drivers the wake-up call and enable the ships to move again.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

The satmap tiling issue is still persistent for me, i'm guessing it will be included in the next stable patch?

Sparfell pointed out the right posts. Just a reminder: this is only happening on a dedicated server. It's perfectly working on non-dedi and in editor mode.

Tell me if there's anything I can do to help you on this issue.

I also noticed a bug in AiA maps when combining fog and wind but it was a long time ago and I need to check if this is still happening and if I can do an easy repro mission.

Thx for working on those great maps !!

No idea on anything MP related, there's nothing (afaik) in CUP, and 99pct certain in SMD Sahrani that could/should have any effect on MP. I don't have any means of testing this myself, and any time spent on it would be a distraction from getting the package together/released.

He has joined the fight! This will be a GREAT addition, as I was desperately dreading the amount of time investment on reworking the vegetation.

hello CUP Team,

you guys better have a look at this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455375976

already reported on steam as copyright infringement but I think it is better

you guys do report this as holder of the license.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Thanks, I suppose I have to report it, as I don't want any issues later when I upload the same content under another name. I sort of don't mind AiA being on the workshop, it's actually convenient for mission makers and modders' alike. But obviously not ideal for it to be done by someone who has nothing to do with the original or approved derivative projects.

Friction with water will stop the boats down anyway but it was enough to give the drivers the wake-up call and enable the ships to move again.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

The satmap tiling issue is still persistent for me, i'm guessing it will be included in the next stable patch?

I'm not sure when it will be pushed to stable, but it's alive and kicking on experimental! It might be something they're testing for the impending terrain release? or it might be something that was simple and will be pushed to the next update.. I dunno.

Let's hope for the latter!

ThreeDots, has finished up ALL the vegetation, he's released it as a standalone addon and will be sharing his work with CUP, will save me a TON of time.

Check it out here:

Don't forget to subscribe and like!

Good to know that you saved a lot of time thanks to ThreeDots, who made an awesome work by the way.

Nice to see such fruitful collaboration.

I hope this cooperative spirit spreads to other mods with interdependencies.

Been a while since I updated, so figured I'd check in.

We've started getting the repo assembled, Threedots has pushed his finished vegetation to it, I have pushed a bunch of the artificial objects.

I'm HOPING to have all the misc, signs, roads, and rocks up by the end of the day. That only leaves the buildings/structures.

It's going FAIRLY well, the misc objects were in need of a fair amount of fixing so that one pbo took almost 3 hours to get packing properly... the rest have been going fast. So that should be done today, and if I get it done faster than expected, I will work on the buildings as well.

lol, well, as I was typing this the remaining misc pbo's all packed fine (misc3 is still not finished, but shouldn't take more than a few more minutes). Signs are already done, rocks shouldn't take but a minute. So Hopefully I will get back to work on the buildings/structures pbo's then, it's just the dummy pbo's and island specific stuff, which I've already split out and doesn't need to be changed at all.

So, HOPEFULLY we should have a working/testable build by next week? 2 weeks at most.

Just a very small thing with AiA TP I've previously fixed for myself (which may or may not be applicable to what you're assembling right now); there are models in the current cti_buildings.pbo that reference ca\weapons\data\abox_nohq.paa but this texture wasn't included in aia_tp_weapons_dummy.pbo (causing an error on screen). Cheers.

Just a very small thing with AiA TP I've previously fixed for myself (which may or may not be applicable to what you're assembling right now); there are models in the current cti_buildings.pbo that reference ca\weapons\data\abox_nohq.paa but this texture wasn't included in aia_tp_weapons_dummy.pbo (causing an error on screen). Cheers.

Can you confirm for sure that's the right file name? If so, it's a broken reference in cti_buildings, it should "ca\weapons\data\box_a_nohq.paa". If cti buildings isn't worked on anymore, I can save the existing file with that name, so that it does exist, but that is an incorrect file name afaik. It would be better for the reference to be corrected in the relevant model.

**Edit

Rocks/Roads done, just going through the plants that ThreeDots pushed, fixing a few minor issues.

I'm going to take a break for a while, but this is a REALLY good spot to be in, I now have pretty much everything done besides the 5 major ones (Buildings, Buildings2, Structures, Structure_e, and Structures_pmc)

A tiny bit more sorting and signing after that, and it's a complete package. I'm fairly sure the way I assembled the packages this time is correct, and should cause a LOT less headaches when trying to get the 5 biggies done.

Edited by CiforDayZServer

That's definitely the path (ca\weapons\data\abox_nohq.paa) I see in the current cti_buildings.pbo (also ca\weapons\data\abox.rvmat), visible if you just open the pbo with a Hex Editor.

Wow, VERY productive day.

I got everything I wanted to get done totally finished, AND got a chance to test all the renamed "dummy" pbo's. Everything is pushed to the repo. There are actually about 20 pbo's left, but only 5-8 of them should take any serious amount of time to finish.

Then I'll just have to isolate any obvious issues and fix those, apply the fixes that have been done outside of AiA, and maybe update the terrains configs so that at least gun shots show properly on the ground. Then should be good for a push to Steam Workshop, PWS, and Armaholic.

I got everything I wanted to get done totally finished, AND got a chance to test all the renamed "dummy" pbo's. Everything is pushed to the repo. There are actually about 20 pbo's left, but only 5-8 of them should take any serious amount of time to finish.

Then I'll just have to isolate any obvious issues and fix those, apply the fixes that have been done outside of AiA, and maybe update the terrains configs so that at least gun shots show properly on the ground. Then should be good for a push to Steam Workshop, PWS, and Armaholic.

Wow, sounds really great! Congrats! Cant wait for it. But... does that mean cup vehicles, cup units etc will be published too? I think i read all cup modules will be released together? Would be the best day ever

Thats awesome news! I'm very excited and hyped!

Awesome work Cifor!!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Excellent news, cant wait!

Mouth starts drooling like a cold beer on a hot day ;)

This week is gonna be awesome - it's been such a long time since I did a serious session on Arma2 maps! \o/

I've gotten Buildings, and Buildings2 DONE!

Structures are the only major one's left, I should be able to get through them this weekend. Then I should have a testable build to collect some bug reports, and have some work to do on the individual terrain configs. But it's shaping up for a release FOR SURE in the next few weeks.

Oh sweet jesus!^^

I can't wait to play again on performance friendly terrains! \o/

FINISHED with the Structures PBO's, they're all pack-able with PBOProject, and am going to push them to the repo.

there are some config fixes, and some straggling pbo's I have to work through too, but it's a testable build at this point.

Great news! Thanks for all your hard work.