cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

I've read some, but not all and a few articles that brought me to this page. Is this mod happening? If so, where is the 'best' place to follow it and more importantly, the best place to "update it"?

Cheers.

Is there a way for you to define the correct audio areas for the tail specific samples, e.g. in Altis you have indoors, town, forest or meadow but I'm not sure how the areas are defined or what the process is, would be a nice addition to have!

Good question.

Is there a way for you to define the correct audio areas for the tail specific samples, e.g. in Altis you have indoors, town, forest or meadow but I'm not sure how the areas are defined or what the process is, would be a nice addition to have!

So... I just took a look at how it's done in the A3 terrains... this is similar to one of the issues that I got stuck on with SMD_Sahrani_A3. I think I had it basically figured out, but never got the exact steps down pat. I will definitely look at it again after I have a initial release. I have a tendency to bounce between areas of focus to break up the monotony of working on the same thing for dozens of hours... so I will likely work on it as I'm integrating all the rest of the SMD and JBAD buildings for the 1st update after initial release.

I'm definitely confused as to how the interior surfaces are defined, or where. The normal terrain surface textures were complicated enough, the interior give me the impression that those surface material names need to be included in the building objects, but I'm just not sure. I'll talk to M1lkm8n about it and check the Terrain/Model makers channels on skype and see if anyone has a better grip on it. It should be perfectly do-able, and I will ensure I find out if building edits are required prior to doing the first run through of all the objects to get them up to A3 standards.

I hope you guys do well, if you follow through with what you stated this will be replacing AiA TP for my unit.
I've read some, but not all and a few articles that brought me to this page. Is this mod happening? If so, where is the 'best' place to follow it and more importantly, the best place to "update it"?

Cheers.

Here is likely the best place for the terrain updates, the weapons, units, and vehicles all have their own threads. There is no where to update this mod, as it's not been released yet, the weapons have had a release, and one update if I remember correctly.

There's been a lot of energy spent on getting the development environments setup, repositories, and build server etc. That is mostly worked out now, and I'm fairly confident I should be able to get build-able source folders assembled faster now. We'll see for sure after tomorrow when I've had some time to spend some more time on it.

There is a lot of work done on all fronts that needs to be organized, packed, tested, and released... but there's also a lot of work to be done. Weapons for example all need the Marksmen DLC updates, and that will be a large amount of work. There are lots of vehicles and units left to be done, but there are enough of both where I BELIEVE the plan is to get some test builds done, and then make releases.

Hopefully in the next 1-2 months or so, there should be initial releases for CUP_Terrains, CUP_Vehicles, and "CUP_Infantry"? (not sure if the naming has been worked out for the units release).

I might take the time this weekend to setup the Steam Account that all the CUP members will have credentials for so it can all be released/updated/maintained/followed in one central location. This should make it easy for players to follow the updates in one place, and keep their files up to date w/o having to check in here or Armaholic. Play With Six will also be supported with a central CUP account that all the devs can update and curate collections for easy use/update.

So, as usual, a TON to do, not many folks working on it, and limited time! But it will get done.

Hi,

IIRC, it's handled through CfgSurfaces, so if you have set it up for the map correctly, then the audio engine can mix it for the tails.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169355-ArmA3-cfgSurfaces-Sound-Environment-question

You might want to double check that, but I have a feeling that's how it's handled.

Will Utes have its textured fixed as well? It has the same issues as Sahrani islands.

Hi,

IIRC, it's handled through CfgSurfaces, so if you have set it up for the map correctly, then the audio engine can mix it for the tails.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169355-ArmA3-cfgSurfaces-Sound-Environment-question

You might want to double check that, but I have a feeling that's how it's handled.

Yes, that's correct, but it also now requires a cfgvehicles, and I haven't gotten those working on Sahrani yet. The footstep sounds/dust and the wheel/rotor dust effects all come from a cfgvehicles array of the surfaces classes linked to the particular effect. I gave it several tries last time I was updating Sahrani, and could not get them working... it was very likely a typo or misplaced bracket or semi-colon or something, but until I get it working, I can't promise I will. It SHOULD be pretty easy to get it down, then iterate those changes to the other terrains.

For the interior sounds, it does require the models have a material defined in the model, and in the terrain config, and the vehicle config.

The way the system and a few other things have kind of made it a pain for anyone working on A2 terrains or previous. The sidewalks and roads for example are handled differently, so they previously working sound/surfaces for them no need to be done in an entirely different way. Doing it "properly" would require source files for all the terrains... I THINK I can get it working without changing the terrain, but am not 100 percent sure.

For the tiling issues, this requires source files/rebuilding the terrain in Arma 3 Terrain Builder and then fiddling with the tiling settings until they work. It's tedious but do-able. HOWEVER, the source files are not currently available.

I have requested permission from Bohemia and am hopeful they will eventually release them. In he meantime NeoArmageddon has a few ideas and has already worked out rebuilding some of the source, but it's not "there" yet. Reconstructed source would also have some issues and short falls that original files would not. So, that's something that's going to happen one way or the other eventually, but not immediately.

It's shit like this...

... That makes me love BI! Finally!

This is really good news!!!

It always was one of the big deal breakers when playing with air assets in several a2 maps.

Ah sweet! I had the tiling problem when I was working on a terrain of my own. I assume this takes care of that too. :)

This is just amazing !! :)

About CUP Trrains: do you plan to fix the Sahrani boat bug ?

Thx !

I must say CiforDayZServer I cant wait for the release. I don't think I've been in this much anticipation for a mod since JSRS 3.0.

Tell me when you do release the full version, will the Cup Sahrani just be the SMD Sahrani? We currently use SMD Sahrani and it is immaculate, freaking amazing. It would certainly be fantastic to see that version of Sahrani in the mod as a replacement for the lower quality one found in All In ArmA terrain pack. That way our server could just run the SMD Sahrani map instead of all those other ones we never use in AIA.

So, it appears that the pond issues might be resolved too? I'm not 100 percent sure but it appears there is no more horizon glitch, they look a bit odd at some distances though, I haven't had time to check out if they have issues with players/vehicles.

I've been getting really frustrated with how little time I have to dedicate to the project though, last week it was getting ready for, and going to a wedding, this weekend it's been my daughter doing plays' for school. I'm going to see if I can work in some time during the week in the evenings to start getting it done, but that's really going to be stretching things thin... it will depend heavily on how busy my work week is... we'll see. I think next weekend looks ok.

I'm beginning to doubt my 8 week max estimate though. I'll have to go back and look when I laid that out.

The plan is to use the SMD Sahrani .wrp file for all the object placement fixes and extra buildings, but maybe revert to the old grass blends? I can't use the original ground textures, as those are what seems to be making the AiA version look so bad.

I'm not sure what the Sahrani "boat bug" is, I'll play around a bit on AiA Sahrani and see if I can figure out what's going on, but I wasn't aware of anything I'll search around a bit more too see if I can see what that is in reference to.

I'm not sure what the Sahrani "boat bug" is, I'll play around a bit on AiA Sahrani and see if I can figure out what's going on, but I wasn't aware of anything I'll search around a bit more too see if I can see what that is in reference to.

It was reported in the SMD sahrani thread :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185924-SMD-Sahrani-A3-Bohemia-s-Sahrani-Terrain-as-ported-by-SMD&p=2940225&viewfull=1#post2940225

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185924-SMD-Sahrani-A3-Bohemia-s-Sahrani-Terrain-as-ported-by-SMD&p=2943171&viewfull=1#post2943171

Sparfell pointed out the right posts. Just a reminder: this is only happening on a dedicated server. It's perfectly working on non-dedi and in editor mode.

Tell me if there's anything I can do to help you on this issue.

I also noticed a bug in AiA maps when combining fog and wind but it was a long time ago and I need to check if this is still happening and if I can do an easy repro mission.

Thx for working on those great maps !!

Sparfell pointed out the right posts. Just a reminder: this is only happening on a dedicated server. It's perfectly working on non-dedi and in editor mode.

Tell me if there's anything I can do to help you on this issue.

I also noticed a bug in AiA maps when combining fog and wind but it was a long time ago and I need to check if this is still happening and if I can do an easy repro mission.

Thx for working on those great maps !!

I had weird bugs with boats on chernars too.

I think the ships were not properly initialized by the server and as a result the AI couldn't drive them.

Basically they were stuck like static objects at sea, and the waves would have no effect on their behavior.

As soon as i hopped in the driver sear and moved them myself they would return to normal behavior.

This happened only on dedi server.

hello CUP Team,

you guys better have a look at this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455375976

already reported on steam as copyright infringement but I think it is better

you guys do report this as holder of the license.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

It was .kju who was responsible for AiA TP, CUP is taken over where he left off :)

I had weird bugs with boats on chernars too.

I think the ships were not properly initialized by the server and as a result the AI couldn't drive them.

Basically they were stuck like static objects at sea, and the waves would have no effect on their behavior.

As soon as i hopped in the driver sear and moved them myself they would return to normal behavior.

This happened only on dedi server.

Thx Chairborne !! I was begining to think I was insane ! :)

Now I know I'm not the only one :p

Although i don't think it's AIATP or CUPTP's fault, but rather something about vehicle initialization, maybe related to when you spawn a vehicle and it's clipping with the ground at first.

I guess it's both a vehicle initialization and A2 maps issue. I never have this bug on Altis or Stratis.

I tried to put boats with the editor, ranging from -2 to +2 in altitude, spawn them on land and move then to sea at mission start, create them through script. I'm having issue all the time, and, since 1.44, it's 100% occuring.

The only way I found to spawn a boat on Sahrani was to create it later in the mission through an addAction.

Even puting them on the beach, to be pushed is, half the time, sending them bouncing...

Could it be the waves system is not synced correctly and the boat position gets messed up? :confused:

I solved it by using a trigger and a setvelocity command (to something like 30km/h), that would make the boats work again.