cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

Do you dare to ask the CWR2 for the source files to their islands..? Everon, Malden, Kolgujev, Nogova and DesertIsland. I will always love them, and I miss them.

So, obviously many folks in the group are also quite attached to these terrains as well. I'm always hopeful, and will certainly approach the CWR2 team in due course, however, having said that, I'm well aware of their stance to date, and further, am VERY well aware of their exacting standards... So, I have no plans to approach them until CUP_Terrains is to a point where it offers them a solid enough platform to to even consider allowing use of their terrains. Trust with the talent level of folks working on their terrains, handing off source wouldn't be the most ideal solution.

Once we have all the Arma 2 objects fully updated and functioning properly in the Arma 3 environment, then we can document the process of upgrading an A2 existing terrain config to add all the A3 features. Then, we could ask talk to the CWR2 guys about possibly getting the OFP islands into A3.

Alternatively there are quite a few guys interested in rebuilding them if that turns out to be something they're just not willing to allow.

I'd love to see that issue where all surfaces behave like paved road fixed :) that way it means something to be using an offroad vehicle!

That will be something attended to in the first or second release. This takes some fine tuning as well, and can only be done per terrain 1 by 1, so it will likely take a while to get all the functions/features fully working on all the terrains. But it's top of the priority list.

So, obviously many folks in the group are also quite attached to these terrains as well. I'm always hopeful, and will certainly approach the CWR2 team in due course, however, having said that, I'm well aware of their stance to date, and further, am VERY well aware of their exacting standards... So, I have no plans to approach them until CUP_Terrains is to a point where it offers them a solid enough platform to to even consider allowing use of their terrains. Trust with the talent level of folks working on their terrains, handing off source wouldn't be the most ideal solution.

Once we have all the Arma 2 objects fully updated and functioning properly in the Arma 3 environment, then we can document the process of upgrading an A2 existing terrain config to add all the A3 features. Then, we could ask talk to the CWR2 guys about possibly getting the OFP islands into A3.

Alternatively there are quite a few guys interested in rebuilding them if that turns out to be something they're just not willing to allow.

Very good to read, thank you for that answer :)

CWR2 has a strong position about their maps, but Hotzeplot has released his MK4 map (5 OPF islands in one map) for A3 and it could be improved by the CUP map initiative, cus he´s open to colaboration...

Anxious to see all those nifty old maps improved (with lotsa more opened buildings) on the CUP_Maps initiative!

cheers!

M.S.K.E. is missing Nogova though.

OFP World from ACE Island Pack for Arma 1 had Malden, Everon, Kolgujev and Nogova with each island spaced correctly though even if permissions and source were sorted out I don't exactly imagine it would be a small task to start from there.

;2912522']CWR2 has a strong position about their maps [...]

Positions can change.

Positions can change.

I seriously doubt that w0lle will relent - though one can always hope :)

M.S.K.E. is missing Nogova though.

OFP World from ACE Island Pack for Arma 1 had Malden, Everon, Kolgujev and Nogova with each island spaced correctly though even if permissions and source were sorted out I don't exactly imagine it would be a small task to start from there.

Nogova is not included cause it has a big bridge. Bridges do not work well with AI in A3.

I have tested some Bridges @SMD Sahrani and some of them work good with AI.

But some work only in one direction. So this is a problem in A3 as well as it was in A2.

I seriously doubt that w0lle will relent - though one can always hope :)

Have faith!

Oooooh yeah.

Maybe XCAM will be able to help as well. Looking forward to being able to play these terrains as they should be again.

Have faith!

As an empiricist, I prefer science to faith :)

Congrats on this amazing initiative! I love projects like this and their enthusiastic scent!

Since A3 is turning out pretty well with its futuristic 'crap', Wolle could step out and donate all CWR2 islands for this initiative! Ofc, all buildings need to be reworked.

Wolle could step out and donate all CWR2 islands for this initiative!
*cough* Yeah, about that... see the previous page.

Looks great! Maybe this could mean you guys could use this new pond object to replace the old ones in the a2/oa files for CUP, so any a2 community maps using the old ponds would work now, with the new ones :cool:

OMG! If anyone could fix Ponds it would indeed have been deanosbeano! Get these into CUP terrains NAOW! Hehe

Nogova is not included cause it has a big bridge. Bridges do not work well with AI in A3.

I have tested some Bridges @SMD Sahrani and some of them work good with AI.

But some work only in one direction. So this is a problem in A3 as well as it was in A2.

Well the bridges should still be included, as for those of use that don't use AI. As personally i don't use AI, i only play PvP modes.

I Would love to get nogova to be included even without working Bridges for the AI. I myself only play in SP/editorn. Real simple make mission that dont make AI trying cross the bridge. There are more nice places on nogova den "Davle" (bridgetown)

I actually have an idea of how to fix the bridge problems too. If someone could supply me with a good test mission I could test it.

The AiA TP fix for legacy ACRE1 ports has reverted in 1.42 so you've got the annoying black line back again, not sure if you plan on continuing that fix going forward but if so, something to be aware of.

I will have to research it and figure out if it's something I, or someone else can fix, and go from there.

With the holidays and work, I haven't had any time to get a build together yet, but should hopefully be able to do so this weekend. In the meantime, it seems the M1lkm8n has come up with a so far, flawless fix for the ponds, AI works, Surface Swimming works, vehicles work, no visual glitches. Check it out here:

Throw that man a Like!

Great job guys. Impressive, as always. Looking forward to the CUP Terrains.

I have three questions:

- There was one guy in the AiA thread that offered his remade A2 buildings with newly modelled interiors for AiA, do You guys got his models?

- If yes, can we expect them in the first release?

- "I haven't had any time to get a build together yet". Do You mean like, a playable open-beta RC, that'd get posted here?

In other words, should I get even more excited?