cifordayzserver

Community Upgrade Project - CUP_Terrains

Players! Mission Makers! Server Hosts! TERRAIN MAKERS! Prepare yourselves.

The Community Upgrade Project Team is proud to announce a group effort to continue and improve upon the amazing resource

created by kju: All in Arma Terrain Pack.

The Community Upgrade Project Terrain Pack has clear and achievable goals that you will be able to watch evolve with time.

Goals:

1. Clone, Hone, and Release our version of AIA_terrainpack - CUP_Terrains will modularize the package into a "core" package and individually packed terrains, as was done with All in Arma Datapack.

This will drastically reduce the total package size, and will allow:

- server hosts to pick and choose the EXACT maps they wish to host or not, and save them some precious hard drive space

- ease the strain on users with slower connection speeds, or limited HD space

- community terrain artists to ONLY require the core package

2. Iterate, Integrate, and Improve - CUP_Terrains first order of business after an initial release will be to continue the initial addition of SMD and JBAD buildings that kju started in AiA_TP. This will add literally dozens more enterable, and improved buildings to ALL the BI and Community Terrains with NO need for any adjustment to the individual terrain releases or community maps. This project will proceed similarly to M1lkm8n and I's work on SMD_Sahrani_A2, and my work on SMD_Sahrani_A3. M1lkm8n will continue to share his work for Jalalabad as well! For those unfamiliar this means:

- Regular addition of newly enterable, or otherwise improved/fixed versions of BI's buildings

- Correction to any/all reported or discovered map object performance, or behavior issues

- Addition of all A3 config and model features, requirements, and functionalities (and then some)

3. Additional/Long Term Goals:

- Add Arma 3 Dust and sound effects to all surfaces for all A1/A2 terrains

- Correct the "Satmap Tiling bug" on all the A1 terrains

- Add Ocean Floor Topography, Coral/Rock/wreck objects, terrain texture, and clutter to all A1 and A2 terrains

- Improve/add to the terrains (new towns? better/thicker forests? Summer/Fall/Winter versions?)

The project will be released in both a modular, and full package for those that DO want all the maps/data in one pack. These packages will be fully interchangable and compatible. So a user with the Full package can join and play on a server that is only hosting the core data and 1 terrain.

As the project progresses, you will see improvements and fixes to many problems that persisted in Arma 2, others that were introduced with AiA's method of forcing compatibility in the Arma 3 engine, and most importantly, you will see so much of the amazing work done by BI for Arma 3 REALLY shine in ALL of their previous Arma Terrains.

Upon initial release, you will not notice much/any difference between CUP_Terrains and AiA_terrainpack on any of the terrains EXCEPT Sahrani. The Sahrani that will be packed for CUP_Sahrani will have MANY but not all of the changes/improvements made for SMD_Sahrani_A3. This should give a fairly good idea of some of the improvements planned, but by no means displays the full extent of the changes and improvements planned.

We welcome anyone who wants to assist, and will be releasing tutorials to document all of the processes involved for all to benefit from. Any suggestions or requests are also welcome, we want to ensure that any/all features and benefits are included during the upgrade process as possible, and that no misplaced object is left on any terrain.

For any in depth questions, kindly register on our forums, and start a topic there - http://forums.cup-arma3.org/

Social Media:

Forums

FaceBook

Google+

Twitter

YouTube

Edited by CiforDayZServer
  • Like 2

Rock me sexy Jesus! This is great news.

• Like 1

Exellent news guys, me and my clan really appreciate the work you guys do :)

• Like 1

If you get to solve the satmap issues with united sahrani i'm sold! :D

Great news. What would be the best way to help out/ contribute then ?. Also a quick suggestion; breachable doors on houses would be freaking awesome.

Please don't forget about penetration values for building and objects. Because now in AiA TP you can't penetrate a wall even with tank.

Well done!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Good news! :)

A little suggestion of mine would be (and I don't know if you intend to do it like that already) to have the core-package in a CUP_terrain_core-folder and the additional terrains as separate folders. That way clans with a fixed modset could distribute the core-folder and the selected terrains without having to overwrite a main-folder each and every time someone downloads the package from another source.

That was one of the major issues of the way AiATP handled the separate files (besides the errors that came with not using one map). A lot of clans use the original folder structure to have interchangeable modfolders across different communities - but with AiATP that always was kind of a hazzle.

wondering if you can talk BI into giving their DayZ buildings. That can probably give you much less headache when you will be rebuilding houses...

- Correct the "Satmap Tiling bug

If implmented,

Would this have any affect on Community terrains

for instance, Celle 2, which heavily suffers from this bug on a3

PS:

@rlex

No, It is never going to happen, and there is serious legal shit associated with that.

(your really not supposed to talk about that stuff on the forums here bud)

If you get to solve the satmap issues with united sahrani i'm sold! :D

That's on of the goals, but it will require getting more source from BI or spending quite a bit of time re-assembling the source. I'll be sending a request off tonight.

Great news. What would be the best way to help out/ contribute then ?. Also a quick suggestion; breachable doors on houses would be freaking awesome.

That all depends on your level of expertise, and your area of interest. For now it might be best to post on the cup forums: http://forums.cup-arma3.org/

Please don't forget about penetration values for building and objects. Because now in AiA TP you can't penetrate a wall even with tank.

Most certainly on the top of the to do list.

Good news! :)

A little suggestion of mine would be (and I don't know if you intend to do it like that already) to have the core-package in a CUP_terrain_core-folder and the additional terrains as separate folders. That way clans with a fixed modset could distribute the core-folder and the selected terrains without having to overwrite a main-folder each and every time someone downloads the package from another source.

That was one of the major issues of the way AiATP handled the separate files (besides the errors that came with not using one map). A lot of clans use the original folder structure to have interchangeable modfolders across different communities - but with AiATP that always was kind of a hazzle.

That is the intent, a Full package will be made available, as well as a modular one, and they will be cross-compatible.

wondering if you can talk BI into giving their DayZ buildings. That can probably give you much less headache when you will be rebuilding houses...

Quite literally NO chance, although just for kicks, I'll submit an official request lol.

M1lkm8n has done MANY of the industrial and military buildings on Takistan, which I can re-texture with the A2 versions for use on Chernarus including: 5 sheds, The Air Control Tower, The Military House, ALL the barracks, The Fire Station (fully opened instead of just the garage and tower), and more.

We also have some partially complete residential houses from Chernarus as well. I will finish those off at some point as well.

If implmented,

Would this have any affect on Community terrains

for instance, Celle 2, which heavily suffers from this bug on a3

PS:

@rlex

No, It is never going to happen, and there is serious legal shit associated with that.

(your really not supposed to talk about that stuff on the forums here bud)

No, this is something that requires the terrain be re-built in TerrainBuilder, so it must be done per-terrain.