Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

Hey sorry I haven't gotten back to you since the update. Great work ! Really like the cleaned up rotor, the PVNS is neat and really nice job on the Hellfires. The LOAL is almost batting 1000 for me.  I can send you the Script I made with slaving the gun to look around and track. Possibly could have it disabled unless turning it on in a parameter in the editor. Of course need an AI in the gunner. really pointless when you think about it after  a while. I just wanted to script it to see if it could be done.

Keep up the Great work ! Any plans for Texture changes ? moving pitot tubes ? Just curious. 

Also how do you slave the TADS to Grid ? Tried Mapclick , ALT+ SHIFT+ etc ? 

Thanks again

Yes texture and model changes are in progress.

read the opening post for information on how features work.

Wanna fight!?

;)

*editing opening post

Oh it would be so on :P nothin like a little healthy competition...unfortunately I don't have much time to play with my toys so you can have the floor for now ;p

• Like 1

Yea I have been successful on rearming at the Hemtt. Long term plans for a UI interface to customize and rearm repair refuel would be awesome like firewill / Fullers aircraft. Ability to augment loadout etc.

Fixed:

- PNVS tracking in MP

Notice:

The LLW Apache will have no public releases for the time being. However, we are now developing it with the shortest line you can possibly imagine...

(Yeah guesse what one of our new Devs day job is ;) )

The Apache is receiving updates as the test team is working on it. Now we have upgraded the 30mm gun.

Here are some features:

- Extended bullet life

- Ace3 FCS system integrated

- Improved flight behaviour based on direct input from active serving apache pilots

Next up will be a navigation system and some symbology in the TADS for situational awareness.

• Like 4

I was wondering if there was going to be a US Army skin for this heli? I know plenty of squads who would love to use this!!!

~S

Looking forward to the NAV updates. Is this going to be an Overlay on the HUD when creating a user way point ? (CTL+Left Click default). Going to be integrated on the Compass on the hud with a Green Triangle ? Just curious what the Nav upgrade ideas were.   Again as always Crielaard thanks again for the great model thats light on the scripts.

• Like 1

At this point we have two ideas.

One is on the actual HUD which is pretty far fetched.

The other is a 3d presentation of Map markers which are placed in the 'vehicle' comms channel.

I think that it would be really neato to have that stuff, especially the nav carrot.

~Rob

Go with the map markers.We are most used to this.You can incorporate the other in a update ,with other stuff ,probably going to take time anyway.There will be a lot more requests before you`re going to release anything,anyway.

This looks good.Keep it up.Will you incorporate any new-gen weapons.Some new ones exsist now,like laser-guided rockets.Like to see what you can do.Smoke rockets may get handy.

Mmmph, if you can grab the azimuth of whatever waypoint and display that on the HUD via a carrot and have a waypoint distance, that would be ideal as it wouldn't clutter up your view of the target/WP position out of the cockpit. I know that the FZA AH-64D has a system that does it pretty well, although I wouldn't expect anyone to delve into making it appear on a navigation MFD like they did :P

We could make it as in FZA's Apache. But some functions of the mod are allready crossing the line of what our main intention was. "no scripted features". We kinda changed it to 'light scripted' now.

So no, we could but we won't.

Our Apache will only have the arsenal of weapons which the RNLAF uses IRL.

For those who are config browsing...we allready have MPSM, Flechttes and smoke rockets hidden in there. ;)

• Like 2

Headsup everyone!

Lowlands Warrior will, from now on, inform the community in detail about mod progress on their own forum.

This way anyone interested in the mod can stay in touch easily and see all our projects together in one forum

You can ask us anything there whenever you want, as often as you want.

http://lowlandswarrior.nl/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=55