Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

Altitude is in feet. so 7ft is 2m and a bit.

its from the CG. so this can be fixed.

700m is little over 2000ft.

on a side note the speed is in knots. if you wonder.

The HMD declutter is a feature!

below 60kts airspeed the HMD switches to Transission mode.

Ill fix the BAF model. thnx for noticing

Altitude is in feet. so 7ft is 2m and a bit.

its from the CG. so this can be fixed.

700m is little over 2000ft.

on a side note the speed is in knots. if you wonder.

Now THAT is something i could have thought about  -.-

The HMD declutter is a feature!

below 60kts airspeed the HMD switches to Transission mode.

And I suppose it goes the same for the Huron and GhostHawk (Kimi's HMDs). Thanks for telling, I didn't notice this in the manual.

Edith says: "Nope is doesn't!"

Edited by Ian Bones

I dont have a manual. so no. its not in there.

But its in the feature list in the opening post.

I beleived i fxd that issue with the gear in the latest hmd mod update. And what neptune said, it's auto-swapable hmds are a feature of this helo ;)

v 1.05 Additions:

- HMD Hover mode when under 10kts

Notes

- Lights will flicker on and off while cycling through modes. This will be fixed ASAP.

- Requested lead for gun turret will not be implemented. I don't know how or simply Arma limitation

- AI will still NOT work properly with this addon. Find a buddy to fly with you

- Reports of not being able to lock lasers is NOT related to this mod. It's all vanilla, nothing special. In most cases it's ACE3's lasers that are broken. Delete the appropriate PBOs to fix it!

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD v 1.05

- A US ARMY VARIANT WILL BE ADDED TO THIS LIST VERY SOON

- BAF AH1 WILL GET THE SAME PATCH IN A FEW DAYS â€‹

• Like 1

The BAF version link was an older version!

I updated it. Now the BAF version has all the new features aswell.

Known issue:

BAF Version requires RNLAF version

Thanks to 16AA for noticing

Hello 87th_neptune. this is my first post ever on these forums. I have been testing this mod in the hope that the clan i am in will adopt this. i have been doing some testing around the time of ver1.0 and noticed that the AFM needed a bit of work which you stated that you were working on and  i have to say the changes you have made in ver 1.05 is really looking promising. no more ATRQ rotor failure after pulling a high g turn as it was in ver 1.0 it seemd the ATRQ wass made out of bolsa wood. Really looking forward to when you release the american version as i am sure this will give me some lea way into getting this mod approved. but i will say that the armour values do seem to be a little on the high side and bit unrealistic and this may be the clincher in the clan adopting this mod. Also the availabilty of other models as in diffrent loadouts would be an additional bonus. just like they have done in the rhs version of the apache you can select diffent models with diffrent armaments. This is the version we are using at the moment as the AFM and damage seems to be more on the realistic side. I hope this is being looked into as i would love to ditch the rhs apaches in favour of this model.

Great work so far and i would love to have all the attack rotary pilots within the =7Cav= fly this model.  

Hi McNab

The armor value is intentionally high. You can wreck all systems so it plummets out of the sky but the pilots will survive.

Hence you'll barely be able to "blow it up". So it is a feature, but let me know if it is a real problem.

What kind of loadouts did you have in mind? If you want a different set of Hellfires and hydras, you can just use the addweapon/magazine command.

You can also just reconfig the mod for inhouse use. That you wont be allowed to do that is the biggest bullshit rule in the community anyway. It kills part of the opportunity to have modders learn from eachother.

...Im drifting. Lets get back on topic. :D

hey there,

we adopted and use your Apache AH-1 (british)

and we love it! flying it is really a charm.

we would like to have some "minor" changes.

first of all the colour of the radar doesnt match the body texture.

also, with ACE the usefulness of FLIR for the gunner at night is really limited because everything is pitch black. except for the targets. the problem is that you cant see the eviroment so it is hard to tell were you are looking at.

so would it be possible to add a NVG mode also?

and could you please tone down the volume of that pieping noise if a missile is launched at the apache, by 50% it is killing my ears man :-D

EDIT: checked the missile launch sound volume it was at !! 50 !! everything else is on 1-2 dont know if that was intentional or an error but i reduced it to 1 and now it is not so painful if a missile is launched at the helo

EDIT 2:

it is this entry:

soundIncommingMissile[] = {"\A3\Sounds_F\weapons\Rockets\opfor_lock_2", 50, 1, 10};

changed it to:

soundIncommingMissile[] = {"\A3\Sounds_F\weapons\Rockets\opfor_lock_2", 1, 1, 10};

regarding to weapons:

- i would like to have 24 HEDP hydra 14 MPSM

- 6 HEAT Hellfire(RF)

- 2 Thermobaric(SAL)

- and if possible 4 Stinger(no sidewinders please!) on the wingtip (controlled by the pilot) or the additional CM dispensers that are on the Netherlands version

i did a inhouse reconfig for the nvg ability for the gunner. and it was no big deal but. i  would prefer if you could add it in. so i dont have to add it  everytime you update your mod :-P

Hey...the Beeping for the missile is a big I never got reported. will check it out! thnx for reporting

Like I said. You can add whatever weapons you like through the init. (or reconfig)

The NVGs Ill take a look at. since its not there IRL.

Maybe I can fix the issue inba smart confug/script way. It never occured to me (or anyone else for that matter)

hmm, not exactly possible to do what i want weapons wise :-D

because there is only a config entry for a 4rnd hellfire RF HEAT magazine.

so would be nice to have the same magazines(round wise)  that are avaible for the SAL hellfires

and i think stinger´s on the wingtips should be added to the modell :-P (if it is possible for you)

hm...maybe you should consider to fire your QA team if they ovelooked something obvious like the beeping noise :-D

could be possible that the same bug is there on the netherlands version...so you may want to check this one also ;-)

is it neccessary to have the NL apache if i only want to use the british one?

You can easily reconfig the weapons by making a count=2 variant. But Ill add it in a later version.

I just checked and with me (RNLAF version) the sound is fine.

Will fix it in the BAF/US version.

Stingers will never happen. The Apache can carry them but it is really useless. If there are any air threats, CAPs are there to take it out far before the helos can ever see it. And if you really have to, the 30mm with it's auto ranging and FCC is well able to take out air threats. Same for Hellfires. eventhough they're AG weapons, they're fine for self defense. RNLAF has proven this against Italian jets in an exercise about 10 years ago. Laser guided hellfire AA kill. :) (simulated ofcourse) You should have seen the face of this guy when we showed the tape during the debriefing.

There is indeed a dependency for the RNLAF apache

But you can blaim me for that. Im allergic to dependencies. Ill fix it. It shouldnt be there.

Note: after the US version release and updated UK version Ill stop supporting these variants and focus on Dutch stuff only.

okay can we have british version with that additional CM dispenser than? would be nice and useful addition. to bad that you will not add couple stingers for the arma verse....but this is your decision :-)

i was also able to fix the color problem on the radar.

only have to exchange the textures.

We have used this Apache since day 1 and have helped to improve it, we have used apaches in every single mission we play for nearly 3 years (counting arma 2) and never we had a moment where we would need stingers on the wings. Neptune may correct me but I think they have never been used in combat on an Apache and even if you would have stingers I would say that smart SU-35 will get you with no issues. :) 

i know that they dont use them on the real one´s....until now. so just philosophy reason.

better to have them and not need them. than to need them and not have them

same goes for condoms :-D

EDIT: only saw them mounted on japanese apache´s.

Thank you for the reply Neptune.

i was unaware that you could change the loadouts through addweapon/magazine command. i am sure there are a few people in the CAV that know how to do this. Regarding loadouts we are using at the moment is 8 Hellfires heat and 74 Flachettes. sometimes use the 16 hellfire option depending on the operation that is being done. But would love to be able to have the option of 8 Hellfire heat,s and 8 Hellfire thermabaric,s that would be a sweet combo. regarding the armour issue we only fly using the Advanced Flight Model, this gives you certain options as in landing with full engine failure. it can be done as we practice that as part of our evals and is really satisfying putting it down and managing to walk away afterwards. and taking hits as a result of that just adds to the realism.

Keep up the goodwork and really looking forward to the US ARMY version. 

no not saying you dont get full engine failure was just describing a situation.

But what is the problem then? Because the engine should and will fail with a well placed shot. A dual engine fail is just less likely because you have to be under fire from both sides.

Hello Neptune.

I was wondering if there is any update to the american version of the AH-64D really looking forward to testing it out with some cav members.

I got some detailed feedback about the config of the mod. I dont want to release a US version and then come back to fix it.

Releasing it will be a one-shot deal. I want to do it right.

Setup your xmas tree. You may find an Apache under it later this year. ;)

• Like 3

Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed this fantastic mod and am trying to get to grips with learning the aircraft and its systems etc.  I have the link to the manual and am busy going over it.

Are there any existing single player scenario's or missions around that would enable me to practice both piloting and gunnery in this Apache?  I am not yet very familiar with mission editing, especially missions that involve being able to jump between crew stations and set the pilot to just orbit or hover at a certain point so that i can employ the different weapon systems and sensors etc?

Awesome mod, any help or advice very gratefully received!  Happy Xmas!

Cheers. 

Hi, 

I'm having real problems getting the clickable cockpit to work in the first AH-64D Apache Longbow mission? I can't get User Control 20 (as directed in the manual) to do anything in the game?  I mapped it to Left Control via the Config>Controls>Custom menu, that didn't work.  

So i tried mapping it to another key (`) but it came up as the ` key plus some Saitek Stick controller that i don't even own?  

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals and TrackIR connected (TrackIR not switched on at the time of trying this mission).  Head tracking is turned on, if i turn it off i get NO mouse cursor at all in the cockpit or external view and moving my mouse moves the pitch on the main rotors!!!!  WTF??  My Joystick and Throttle and Rudder are properly set up in the main config menu for Helicopter Controls i.e. Cyclic and Collective, Tail rotor etc.

All i have in cockpit is the little green x as a mouse cursor, it brings up the Helper text when i hover it over a switch but left or right clicking does nothing?  This is after hitting Left Ctl, holding Left Ctl down or holding it down while left of right clicking on the switch?  What am i supposed to be doing here?

Am i missing something here?

Please, somebody help?

Many thanks.