Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

I seam to have come across an issue, the chain gun has no sound. Anyone else have this issue?

Updated mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey 87th_Neptune , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey 87th_Neptune , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Awesome work guys, loving the Flechettes, any chance of server keys?

Guys I love your work and I thought-if anyone can do what I want,it's these guys. 

basically i am looking for a way to have an attack heli's gun cannon follow my head when i'm in the pilot seat.This is how it is in real life,when the pilot slaves the gun to his control,it moves where he is looking.This would give much more control when lying with an AI gunner and I don't know of any mod that does this(I may be wrong)

Anyway,thanks for a sweet Apache!I love it.

basically i am looking for a way to have an attack heli's gun cannon follow my head when i'm in the pilot seat.This is how it is in real life,when the pilot slaves the gun to his control,it moves where he is looking.

Anyway,thanks for a sweet Apache!I love it.

Glad you like like it. We're more that aware of the Apache's systems. We have a way to slave it to the pilot's head movement but it is unstable in MP and very script heavy. The scripts we used now required some violent persuading of myself to put in there.

If we can do it properly. We will.

I seam to have come across an issue, the chain gun has no sound. Anyone else have this issue?

Do you run any other mods? Is this with the RNLAF or BAF variant?

wesome work guys, loving the Flechettes, any chance of server keys?

Ill look into this!

I have figured out the issue, the NLD armed forces mod uses the old version of this mod. so when I added the newer version conflicted with the old. 

Great update by the way! 

Hello,

I know that AI is a lower priority, but can you confirm there is a problem with AI crew:

> when I'm as pilot, the AI copilot never open fire, even with the M230 gun

Thanks a lot,

and congrats for this great Apache :)

This was an anticipated release :)

Gun sounds are just fine with ACE3, RHS, CBA and a some other mods.

Just played it solo, can't wait to test it properly with a gunner or pilot.

Question:

Does the Longbow actually add any features other than the looks? However, it's definitely a sexy addition.

Minor issue:

-When flying as co-pilot (from the gunners seat), you're able to use the rocket pods.

-Is it intentionally that you have to reload the rocket pods during engagements? Example is the Hydra 70 MPSM. You have 6 rockets in the "clip", and two extra clips you can reload.

This is not version 1.0 yet because we want input from the community. 

It is not?  ;) First post, in the prolouge.

- - 

I saw you're making the HMS Rotterdam. That's pleasant news indeed, Arma3 lacks just that kinda ship (well, ships in general...)! Any vague estimate on when it can be expected?

- - 

As always, keep up the good work and let me know if you need more testers.

What is the problem with the gunner using the rockets when he's flying?

Rockets comes in 3 variant. FL, MPSM and HE. All giving you different effects. Use google and wiki to find out more about rockets and their warheads.

The longbow gives you the vanilla radar and vanilla radar tracking. Which may result in a mis with hellfires on moving targets. Which is a RL issue aswell.

Your quote regarding the verson is from March. please check dates.

The HMS Rotterdam is on hold but not cancelled. Other, more important, mods get priority. Prioritising mods is based on the VBS products Im making.

So At the earliest Xmas would be for the Rotterdam. Rucphen training area and the Artillery firing range have prio #1 now.

RNLAF Chinook is the first next vehicle you can expext.

Hello,

I know that AI is a lower priority, but can you confirm there is a problem with AI crew:

> when I'm as pilot, the AI copilot never open fire, even with the M230 gun

Thanks a lot,

and congrats for this great Apache :)

Yes. Dont expect anything from the AI.

Only with the BAF version which has the longbow the AI may attack tanks and vehicles with the Lima hellfire only.

We are not going to put any effort in AI with this mod.

Find a buddy to fly with. ;)

Thank you for the reply.

What is the problem with the gunner using the rockets when he's flying?

When the co-pilot takes the control, and cycle through the weaponry, the rockets does not show. You can only choose Hellfires and cannon (the same options you have, when you're the pilot with "Manual Fire" enabled). Not a big thingy, I just thought I should mention it.

Rockets comes in 3 variant. FL, MPSM and HE. All giving you different effects. Use google and wiki to find out more about rockets and their warheads.

I tried it again, and I now see why I misunderstood.

When you as a pilot have chosen rockets, have It says, top right, either "HEDP 24 | 2", "FL 8 | 2" or "MPSM 6 | 2".

If you choose "MPSM 6 | 2", and fire the six rockets, it say "MPSM 0 | 2". I thought you then could reload the MPSM, to get additional 2x6 MPSM rockets. It does not mean that, it's refering to the other types of munitions.

When you empty one of the three types (let's say you fire them six MPSM), and then load another (load HEDP), it will say: "HEDP 24 | 1".

So I misunderstood the number that usually refers to your magazine count.

Your quote regarding the verson is from March. please check dates.

That is quoted from the first post in this thread. Many people, myself included, tend to read the first post for info. And it states you're not at V1.0 yet. The same text is found on the Armaholic-page. It's just a hint, that you might wanna change it :)

The rockets are indeed assigned to the pilot specifically dor the simple fact One shooting and the other steering is not a good idea. It will chane when we have tje pitching rockets integrated.

You do make me think though...since the copikot can take control I may aswell just give them to the gunner anyway!

Ill change the opening post. thnx for the headsup.

Armaholic should be done by the webmasters there I havent posted it up there my self.

The rockets are indeed assigned to the pilot specifically dor the simple fact One shooting and the other steering is not a good idea.

Of course, but as I said, when the co-pilot take control [of the helicopter], read: when the gunner is actually flying the heli, he's not able to choose the rockets.

Can happen if the pilot disconnect, are killed, or simply is just taking a couple of minutes break ;) 

- - 

Keep up the good work, Neptune. We are very pleased with what you have made so far!

^Arma game engine limitation.

Unless scripting is involved the above stated is not possible. The "manual fire" feature only works for the pilot seat and that is with AI gunner (booooring) 

This a/c works with a crew of 2, all other situations are not normal operation conditions, thus it cannot function as it was meant to (rawhide, I'm just yankin yer chain but it's kinda true).

I totally forgot!

We added this feature:

- Activate laser through Seagul forward keybind

So you dont have to switch to the laser in order to activate or deactivate it!

• Like 1

Firstly, great mod, I'm really looking forward to using it.  However, I am encountering a slight issue with using the FCS, namely I cannot lock to the lase.  I have watched Kimi's video on it and I do not get any of the same happening when I use it.  The only thing I can lock is a vanilla lase and that doesn't follow the crosshair, it stays where I originally lased.  Therefore if I lock on to it the missiles track to it, and the auto ranging on the cannon doesn't work, it will range to the initial lase point and not where the crosshair is pointing.

Would it be possible for those that have it working correctly to say which key (and what it is in the key assignment) they use to lock?

I put my money on it you use ACE3...

Delete all laser pbos from your ace folder and the ones that require it. Then your problem is solved.

The key to lock the laser is just the key you use to lock any other target

It is allready in there. ACE3 simply doesnt have it fully worki g yet.

See features list.

I really like this mod. I feel that it is a great middleground between any run of the mill appache port, and Nodunit's appache. With that said I would like to be able to change the weapons on the aircraft, and I have been trying through scripting. However, I have not met with success. Is there any way to do this?

For example the current loadout has a mix of various munitions. I would like to do something akin to making all of the hellfires the L variant, and changing all of the rockets to the standard HEDP warhead.

ofcourse thats possible. just use the removeweapon removemagazine and add"" commands.

or make your own replacement config.

in a future version we'll add a weappns loading function.

Hey 87th_Neptune thanks for porting and updating this. Neally nice and usable.

We found a few things:

arma32015-09-1420-34-lyj27.jpg arma32015-09-1420-34-5ik60.jpg

The cap of the missile pods is off angle when pitched.

arma32015-09-1510-44-xdk37.jpg

The height in the hud displays a wrong value:

0m -> 7m

about 700m -> 2000m

about 2000m -> 6000m

arma32015-09-1510-57-e5kx0.jpg

Sometimes the angle indicators (I don't know how they are called) disappear. Could have something to do with the gears wich are retractable for some reason in both of the Apaches. This problem was (maybe still is, I don't know) also present in Kimi's HMDs and I think I allready reported it to him. There was an update for Kimi's HMDs and since then I didn't se it happen again.