Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

Ok thanks...will try then again with the advice given...thanks again and mucho thanks for the apache. Now go build us a proper Mi-28...hehe. Oh, one other thing , if your interested I have built a T-90MS tank. I have no use for it nor will I ever probably finish it ,if ya want it just let me know. 3dstudiomax10 version file though.

Edited by 343rdBadger

Quick feedback on v.99:

• The thrust feels better than the last version, thankfully.
  • At high speed, it suddenly flipped. Why I don't know, and it only happen once. But I must admit it feels a bit wobbly, but maybe that's nothing to worry about. It may just make it a bit harder to fly - which can be nice [with a challenge].
  • The option to retract landing gear (action menu and top left info panel) should be removed.
  • Hoping to see the laser hotswitch

I was alone, so did not try any of the weaponry.

Still, we are eager to use your version of this fine helicopter when it is done. Keep up the good work! :)

The flipping is a feature. Close to 'Nve' the helicopter suffers from retreating-blade-stall. So the backward moving blades produce no more or less lift, which makes the helicopter flip in the retreating blade direction.

The landing gear indication is a feature aswell. It allows you to swap your HMD from TRANS to CRUISE mode. In 1.00 this will be done automatically and the icon will change.

So no...I will NOT remove it. ;)

Well we tried it again and still having problems with the FCS...It simple stops working for no reason,again with two people in the helo and single player.The target box seems to bounce and lag when slewing.Also I tried it with an AI gunner and something really weird happened.When I told him to fire a hellfire at an APC the whole screen went into a slide show almost to the point of lockup,once the missile hits, it goes back to normal.Rockets and guns don't have a problem.Dunno what the deal is there.I thought maybe it was a CBA thing and loaded cba3 ,no change.

Badger we would need more info to reproduce the problem. It would be of much help if u post your modset and a video would help a lot too.

Mod set I can do, I'll maybe get my wingman to make a video as he's using fraps.Mods are as follows

RHS Russian and Us forces.

Arma map pack (but the map were currently using is stock altis)

LLW apache

Franz's Ah64 apache arma3 port

CBA for arma3

Everon2014

The lagging of the target box is no issue. It should be disabled for realism anyway. The hellfire will track to the actual location of the laser anyway.

We'll test the other issue. Although AI behaviour is somewhere at the bottom of the priority list.

That's fine by me as using the AI is low on the list.We prefer pilot co pilot with human players.As for the target box,I'll try that too but it just seems that the laser is not firing consistently ,therefor no lock and no guidance.Something is deactivating it even though its showing as "on", ie the cross and x symbol.By the way that issue with the missile stutter was in the editor not a multiplayer session if that makes a difference.Testing a mission firing on a RHS Btr-80.

Edited by 343rdBadger

Yes. We could. No prio though. Maybe it will come with v1.00.

So as Air Wing of UKSF unit we have used the Apache in full 30man training exercise and have some info about it.

Overall the mod is great, the auto-zeroed cannon is bless from the heaven, hellfires have beautiful sounds and they track nicely, really like the feature of gun-cam showing what grid you're looking at as well.

We have found one bug, while using advanced flight physics the helicopter gets very responsive about 10-5 meters over the ground which makes landing very very hard, the helicopter does not behaves like this in flight, just while landing.

Overall great work with the mods and we cant wait for the longbow version :)

Good input. that would be the ground-effect parameters. Ill check em!

I´m not sure if im allowed to post Apache Guncam videos here, but in my opinion the 30mm has a little bit to less splash.

Is it just my feeling?

The M230 comes closer to a grenade launcher than an autocannon.

Right now it is not bad, it is still the best AH64 available, but the 30mm should have a bigger area of effect!

(the Commanche in ACE3 got modified, if you use his 20mm you see what I mean)

best regards

Desty

Im fammilliar with the stats of the M230. If I remember correctly I have put the damage radius to 3 meters. I'll doublecheck though.

ok thank you!

Maybe it´s just the FX that looks to weak ?

Yes, by default HE rounds in arma have the hit effect of a hand grenade.

Hey Neptune one more question, is there any future plans for an UK Longbow version of the apache ?

is there any future plans for an UK Longbow version of the apache ?

+1 would love to hear this is planned ;)

Not sure if this has been reported but there is an issue with the IHADSS where the squares that represent vehicles move out of alignment when looking up or down.

For example if there is a vehicle below me to the right and I try to look at it, the square moves out of alignment by quite a bit when looking down.

I recorded an op we just did so if you need footage as a visual example I can grab some from there.

Seems like a double transform or something along those lines, but only on the vertical axis.

Also we just updated to ACE 3 and I'm not certain if it is caused by ACE, but when locking on with a hellfire there is no square and no lock diamond...not sure if that's an ACE issue or a setting I've missed somewhere.

Ah. The squares shouldnt be there at all. So Ill look into that. It was a test thingy.

Lockbox shouldnt be there. Please report it when you do see it. :)

Ah. The squares shouldnt be there at all. So Ill look into that. It was a test thingy.

Lockbox shouldnt be there. Please report it when you do see it. :)

Those boxes are useful, do you think they'd be there with the longbow version?

Without the lock box, how can the gunner tell when he's locked onto the laser? In single player the lock box is there, but its in multiplayer where it isn't. Not sure what's happening there.

Ah yes another thing is the laser sometimes seems to be off centre, meaning acquiring a lock can be fiddly occasionally. Seems to be up and to the left slightly

Loving the mod though...flies beautifully and feels great to use :)

The boxes shouldnt be there at all as far as Im aware. Neither with the longbow

The Fire sollution cue, in real life, for the Hellfire is displayed as a small box at the bottom of the gunner's sight. It merely shows how far the target is off-bore by sliding left/right and wether the weapon has a good fire sollition by going from an intermitted-line box to a closed box.

we're trying to accomplish that in 1.0

So it doesnt show target location at all.

Ill check out the laser. Is the lockbox off-centre or the actual laser dot? In the first case, its an arma issue and the weapon will track to the aimed at position.

In case the laser is off-center...

thats an issue that was resolved in the pre-release. Then the fix should be easy. Which one is it?

Oh neat I like the sound of that.

The laser, it appears to be the laser dot thats off center...for example when trying to acquire the lock, sometimes you have to wiggle the crosshair in order to catch the laser to get the lock.

Any time frame for the 1.0 release? If you need any testing of any features give me a shout, I can test with a human gunner in a proper combat situation if it helps at all. (I'm part of UKSF)

Edited by AtomicTim7