Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

wow neptune so quality work love it ! i would like to see this baby in 1st CAV is it possible ?? :D

34y8j0z.jpg

Give me some good details of the decals and painting. Then maybe Ill add it as a hidden selection texture in the US version.

You can probably find them online, given you're a beginner texture artist, but here's a start:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cybermodeler.com%2F&ei=c-BTVY6uFYK1ggSXt4D4CQ&usg=AFQjCNF-LtfWATUCZlFi_ROTd2loiQge0w&sig2=WGzYtFWk-DPa82PSTA4ZAQ&bvm=bv.93112503,d.eXY

Part of doing request work is knowing how to find stuff as well as requesters are really lazy in helping you out.

And even then US Army Apaches are rarely "decked out" with insignia and the like, that shot right there is probably the whole skin right there, apart from the nominal markings that go with the helicopter.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Oh yeah, other than a few grey versions, basic US Army camouflage is an overall Olive Drab as well.

Edited by EricJ

Give me some good details of the decals and painting. Then maybe Ill add it as a hidden selection texture in the US version.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/hiV9oC5pA2F.ijIAAEgdpw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/en_us/Finance/US_AFTP_SILICONALLEY_H_LIVE/The_US_Is_Flying_Right-a7491b13c52883a3ed488779967a16fd

known or less known part of army is US AIR CAV using various helicopters for equipment The Ah-64 is main support helicopter of US army AIR CAV they are using nearly 90 these Apaches this is insignia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Air_Cavalry_Brigade,_1st_Cavalry_Division#/media/File:USA_-_1st_Cavalry_Aviation_Brigade.png

color is dark-green (between grey and green)

http://www.scale-rotors.com/kit/bilder/files/48-191-twobobs-iron-city-apaches-02.jpg

Edited by SRBKnight

Or you can say 1-227 AVN (ATK), Evil-One you may want to look at the patch as it's too small, and not in the right position (should be further back), and looks like there's some writing on the patch as well. I got a better eye for this stuff so nice work so far...

Looking nice, don't forget the stuff on the front of the intake, some serial number on the tail, and UNITED STATES ARMY on the tail, though you'll have to get the positioning right, other than the model tweaks it's good so far.

UPDATE!

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD v 0.9.9

Planned for v1.00:

- TADS with symbology, being as realistic as we can practically get it

- TEDAC with PiP and symbology overlay

- Black & White TADS optics

- Improved and more realistic sounds

- Improved and more realistic AFM parameters

- MFD's that actually are Multi Functional

- Integration of Personal Waypoint

v .99 Fixes:

- AI Gunner animation at pilot get-in location

- Damage model

- Advanced Flight Model (Number of Rotorblades, Blade radius, Engine power output, HMD Torque% now correct)

- Circuit breaker panel removed (Small glitch remains, will be fixed asap)

- Cargo LOD showing for Side-passengers, changed to 1-LOD.

- AGM-114 booster power and endurance

- Munitions type for rockets on HMD replaced by 'RKT'

- Flare launch position and direction

- Pilot & gunner head positions

v .99 Additions:

- Hellfires ACE3 AMG Ready

- TFAR Radio support

- Sensors/Weapons separately controllable by mouse

- New AGM-114 Launch sound (Thanks to NODUnit)

- Put back default AFM Gauges

- Minor texture changes

- HMD modified

KNOWN ISSUES

- Wheels not animated when taxing

- AI Won't attack with Hellfires (only laser targets)

- PNVS Turret does not follow head tracker

- PNVS Turret start in DTV mode (which it shouldnt have at all)

- Rockets and missiles don't follow pylon movement

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Could someone make a video on how to use the targeting system from the gunner seat? I simply can't make heads or tails of this. It just doesn't make sense when trying to target something. I need a tutorial.

Could someone make a video on how to use the targeting system from the gunner seat? I simply can't make heads or tails of this. It just doesn't make sense when trying to target something. I need a tutorial.

I would make a vid but right now im busy, so i will try to put it into words.

1- While "heads up" (not looking through the optics) the turret is controlled with the mouse, but it won't shift your view, it will move the turret camera which u can appreciate in the screen with the video. Freelook works as it would on arma in general (Left ALT by default).

2- Heads down (using the optics) it works as any other optic.

3- To lauch hellfires u need the laser to be on (or a 3rd party laser) and then u lock on to said laser as usual.

4- The gun has manual ranging (pg up/down) or automatic which can be achived by having the laser on and locking on to it. It also works like this when locking onto a vehicle.

Things to keep in mind:

- You get the most of the apache by using it in a stand-off position (behind a hill at least a couple of km away)

- The Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) shows where the turret is aiming at all times (a dashed crosshairs), so u can aim "looking out the window".

Feel free to ask any further questions.

In addition to what geraldbolos said. Remember you can ONLY target your own laser. Nothing else. Like In real life.

So you activate your laser first, lock it with cannon or hellfires, then slew you sensor to the target and...fire.

geraldbolos

Is it THAT hard to write my name properly?

Well, two of us tried this helicopter in multi this afternoon and both of us had trouble with the FCS not locking to the target... it seems it works only some of the time, but we don't know what's causing it to fail. We do use RHS assets on our maps so its possible that's the problem??? Any ideas???

Here's a tutorial on how to use the weapons:

Edited by geraldbolso1899

Ok from viewing the vide we're doing it right...but its not consistent...Also when zooming in ,the second zoom power is "slaving" the optics off target to a 90 degree angle. Could this be a new bug or the fact we're using RHS's Mod? Keep in mind also we're doing two human's to a single helo...pilot/co pilot

update...just tried it with no mods accept this one and it still behaves erratic...sometimes it woks sometimes not, In one case it worked then completely stopped once the pilot detected the laser spot as a target(it was close to our helo).Were using 144.130654 NON DEV build.These issues don't occur when using stock arma helos.

Edited by 343rdBadger

This is how zoom levels work for the optics:

The widest zoom, has a little cross, this level is NOT GROUND STABILIZED.

All the other zoom levels are ground stabilized, this means that the heló can move around but the optic will remain pointing at the same spot. Unfortunately when u zoom in for the first time the turret will try to go sideways. You can counter this by just moving the turret a bit while zooming in.

No mods should interfere with this one with the exception of ACE3 for the moment (the gun ranging is kinda messed up).

Also make sure your view distante settings are properly set.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

The laser should be locked from up close. otherwise it may take a while. a lack in the arma engine. The stock helos have radar and stuff active, which our apache doesnt have.

that optics behaviour is normal. The first time you doom to geo-stabilised it has no grid to slew to yet. So you want to ground stabilise the sensor before you go into combat.

Will there be an ACE3 compability patch or something?

Because the Gun rangng is a little bit messed up like you said.

Is there a possibility to auto lock the laser? like it was in ACE2 in ArmA 2?

This would be really great!

My opinion on how ACE has implemented ranging is that it's not at all how it should be. Maybe it does for a tank, but not an attack helicopter.

Will there be an ACE3 compability patch or something?

Yes. We're working on it.