Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

Ah, I thought the Longbow radar was needed to be able to get the hellfires modes, thanks for clearing that up for me. ;)

And yes, if you need testers, just let us know.

Another thing was brought up from one of our "test pilots" regarding the laser.

Would it be possible to have the laser as a "on / off" switch/ keybind in stead of a weapon one has to toggle ?

Would be more effective when allready being in the AGM mode and toggle on and off the laser without changing "weapons"

Again, im not a mod techie, just a fly boy, so dont know if this has technical issues written all over it :)

That is in fact a great Idea! IRL the gunner has a sepperate trigger for the gun.

Ill add it to the future feature list.

If you have any flight experience with the apache, please let me know what the exact issue is. Dont forget this model simulated All-Up weight of the aircraft. It indeed needs some tweaking.

Different from Sjaba, my experience is that it feels too weak. If this is intentional, I still would vote for a bit more powerful engine.

Just tested, and I'm not able to reproduce Sjabas issue with the laser. Tested editor only, but only problem is when there's some trees in between. Maybe that is what causing the issue. It's seen here from ~30sec.:

EDIT: Laser toggle would be great! :)

Edited by Rawhide2

Looks like an unintended realistic feature then! :D

my experience is that it feels too weak.

Pretty much have the same feeling, tough the main issue was the axis setting and only being able to use 50% of the axis.

here's a test u guys can do with the axis':

If using AFM, in your HMD on top left you'll have a torque percentage (0 - 100%) which is relative to the collective or "throttle" input. Check if it correlates with your input,

I got my axis' set like this: http://gyazo.com/d7ee7439dfefb0a0d6408d9dc5b6c07b

And haven't found any problems so far.

I could not recreate the issue.

Standard flight model, with me the, collective responses right away.

With advanced flight model, enough lift is producst above 50% torque to get the heli to fly. Looking at the values while debugging it really responses like a heavy helicopter. (Although it is still faaar to manouverable arroudn the roll and pitch axis for the configuration)

Empty weight: 11,387 lb (5,165 kg)

8x AGM114 hellfire = Weight: 48.5 kg (107 lb) = 388kg (856lb)

38x hydra = 6.2kg 13lb = 235,6 (493lb)

1200 30mm shells = 0.3kg? = 0.5 pound? = 400kg = 600pounds

Pylons and Rocket pods = 150kg (330lb) total

+1000

2x pilot & gear = 200kg (400lb)

1500kg of fuel. (maybe more?)

Loaded weight: 17,650 lb (8,000 kg)

Max. takeoff weight: 23,000 lb (10,433 kg)

In game configuration weight:

8038kg

Means it's just over the Loaded weight

So it's supposed to be 'not-so-super-manouverable'

Ok, so my issues is quite tiny, and possible that no one else has. The hellfires blow after about 5.5km or so. Is this an easy thing to extend? It's not a huge concern, as I regularly can engage laser designated targets at ranges lower than that, still outside of a danger area. One thing that does impress me is the accurate speed of the hellfires.

Also, is the Blackfoot 20mm overpowered? Because it is a significantly more powerful gun than the 30mm in arma. (And I'm talking hit for hit, the beautiful spread of the 30mm was taken into account, great job btw on this)

Lastly, and I apologize for not following the dev on this; but is the white phosphorus hydras coming back sometime, maybe? I didn't know what went wrong with them.

Thank you so much, again. This is absolutely amazing!!!

Good find. Ill edit the hellfire's life time.

Thought I edited the 30mm because it was under powered. Ill look into it again!

Yes. WP and actual MPSM (Maybe flechettes) will come back. We have them working! However there are some minor problems with them that will degrate the quality of the mod.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Neptune, when I'm finished updating my units modpack i'll be sure to jump over and see if I can lend a hand. It'll be about a week due to having to fix the things that marksman broke.

Pm me the team speak info I can find you on if you'd please.

Great stuff, AH-64 A/D is my favorite helicopter!

Looking forward to test it...

/KC

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for this great airframe!

Love the groundstabilization, and the semi advanced fire control system.

I would add my voice to the collective issue though. Either the Axis are off, or the Helicopter is underpowered.

Not that I have ever flown a real Apache, but needing close to 100% collective for level flight seems to leave little room for safe margins.

Improving the flight model is one of the first thing we will do for the next update. Hang on.

I noticed after the 1.42 update that you cannot be the pilot and use the manual fire any more. You can select it but the weapons will not fire. I don't know if this is intentional by BI but it was very us-full with our unit that had a few pilots, we could have more across more helicopters. Just something noticed.

I could not recreate the issue.

Standard flight model, with me the, collective responses right away.

(...)

So it's supposed to be 'not-so-super-manouverable'

I just wanna wrap this one up.

Engine power: I guess I've taking it for granted that it was supposed to be more maneuverable. We thought it could be messed up throttle controls and whatnot, but we'll resent to the fact that it was intentional :o

Laser issues: We tried on our dedi all sorts of troublefinding with the laser, but could not get it to malfunction. We tried with SOFLAM, Wildcat laser, and beam from both another Apache and our own. All beams could be tracked and locked.

A hotswitch for the laser though, would be splendid.

Keep up the good work!

I've seen ACE3 got some similar futures (laser, ground stabilization).

Any chance you will make it ACE3-compatible? Hoping you will! :)

could you add ACRE2 and/or TFAR support? or does that have to be done on their end?

Yes, on the next version there will be some TFAR lines in the Config.

We have selected one of the radio's that most looked like one of the radios found in the Apache Cockpit.

Not for ACRE2, yet.

We are having issues loading a custom AFM xml. Even when we copy a vanilla and put the path in, its not picking it up. Any experience?

Hi !

You should add this line to FFV turrets in config.cpp

LODTurnedOut = 1;

If you need, I will be glad to help you as I can to improve this awesome apache !

EDIT : LODTurnedIn may be more relevant, depending how you configured your turret.

Edited by ElTyranos

What would be the effect of that line?

Advanced flight model is fixed btw. Release is imminent.

PM me any time Tyranos. Suggestions are always welcome.

I like your MAG btw.

In response to your original message:

The hellfires ARE laser guided. And there are no IR guided hellfires.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Reported by players yesterday evening, they just didn't find it (the gunner is certainly a bit retarded). I tried after reading your first post and succeeded in 1 minute.

More infos about lod turnedin : https://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs2/1-60/devref/Content/Config_Manual/CfgVehicles/L_cpp/cpp_lodTurnedIn.htm

If you put this line in your cargoturret, you then force its LOD to 1 instead of viewcargo, it will fix the invisible hull for passengers.