Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

The beeping happens for me too. Some helo Rezzes have it, some don't. Happens in afm and sfm. As soon as you power on, it starts. Then you know you need a new helo.

The problem is I don't have the problem. So there is no way for me to troubleshoot. I will need help on that one.

Try starting a mission on a Medion PC owned by a photophile you know:

- Player as pilot

- Simplified flight model

The problem would occur roughly 1 out of 10 times when starting the mission.

If that doesn't work, try calling someone from the previous LLW generation. The problem also occurs on his game rig.

;-)

Is that question an April's fool joke? Haha

Go through the Arma3 tutorial or manual. It will explain you.

no i mean, there should be a menu with the mouse wheel, right? because usually, all the other addons have one that way but i cant find one there. I also tried putting the ammo truck next to the helo and i also checked the options "addon controls" to see if i can set up some kinda action menu that way. nothing worked. (with action menu, i mean the menu where i can change the weapon loadout)

yes, thats what i mean. i dont see any service menu. also another question. if someone else is using its laser designator, can i lock on to it with any weapon?

In the opening post, the service menu is described for future version.

Yes you can lock on to any laser with any laser guided weapon. As normal in Arma.

@everyone

if you have the beeping sound issue. test the Vanilla blackfoot under the exact same circumstances. see if you get the same issue.

Hey, I got the beeping sound issue too...but just sometimes :)

Really nice mod, finally I found a good apache :) Really like the gimmick that you can sit as "gunner" outside of the apache :D I even see the missions injured people get flown back to base with this apache lying outside of it xD :D

Would be sooooo nice if the next step is the LOAL system (top-, dir-, ground attack) for the hellfire :O searching since arma 3 start for an apache with this feature...oh good arma 2 ace LOAL and Laser system ;)

The beeping is the same type of beeping that is heard when flying a damaged helo. The issue is unique to this helo, not seen before. The helo is undamaged, but beeps as if damaged. Happens about half the time in Zeus spawned versions.

Ok so I've been doing some work trying to figure out what causes this. I know that some people, with the .dll files will have problems with their game crashing when they try to join servers. I've found that that is the issue, at least for myself and others in my unit. From what I can tell the only .dll file that matters is the JEMalloc_bi. This is what fixed the problem, mostly, for me. It will still occasionally give a beeping sound at startup with no damage or anything (using the standard flight model) and if you just put a new one down in the editor it will fix the issue.

We have discovered the cause of the beeping. We found some small fixes for other issues and minor shortcommings aswell.

version 0.9.1 will be released very soon.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

We have discovered the cause of the beeping. We found some small fixes for other issues and minor shortcommings aswell.

version 0.9.1 will be released very soon.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Neptune, I love you so much. I wanted to love this mod so bad but the beeping kept me from doing so. With that fixed it's probably one of the best apache mods out there.

UPDATE!

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD v 0.9.1

Fixes:

- RPT errors: class HitPoints::HitEngine2 and 3 not found in LLW_Apache_RNLAF

- Wheelbrake indication not showing

- Constant beeping of engine fail sometimes

- damage model (Still needs improvement)

Known issue:

- Damage model still needs improvement. (Would like more input)

Edited by 87th_Neptune

:bounce3: :pc: Yeah :D thanks thanks thanks :D this mod is freakn awesome! When do you want to add more realistic sounds? The m230 30 mm chain gun :coop: scattering is awesome, the vanilla blackfoot (comanche) scattering isn`t very good..apache damage is pretty nice. For sound examples you can see some apache attack helicopters gun footage.

As a UAV you can lock on the crosshair on a target with ctrl + t, will that also be avaiable for the apache :confused: would be nice :slayer::war:

Edited by NeroSD

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

When do you want to add more realistic sounds?

Very soon.

I'm waiting for permissions here and there.

Im Affraid the target capture function is part of thw simulation-uav in the arma3 config. So I dont think I will ever be able to do it without scripting.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

We tried this over at our place yesterday and are very pleased, if not impressed, with the helicopter so far.

Feedback: the throttle control are off, but as I understood you're aware of the issue. However, would appreciate a throttle fix in your next update.

Question: future plans include hellfire top down attack with hellfire LOAL mode. Does this mean you will give us the Longbow? That would be great. :)

Keep up the good work, we will without doubt follow the mod!

Good to hear you like it.

With throttle control I presume you mean collective. If you have any flight experience with the apache, please let me know what the exact issue is. Dont forget this model simulated All-Up weight of the aircraft. It indeed needs some tweaking.

The flight profile of the hellfire has no direct relation to the Lima hellfire or the longbow. The laser guided variant also has this feature. A US and UK longbow variant will come though BUT with the limitations of the longbow as in real life, as far as doable in Arma

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Hi Neptune and thanks for a great mod..truly missed aircraft for our clan :)

As Rawhide was mentioning above we had some issues with throttle. The problem or challenge is that on this mod the collective is only active on the upper 50% of the axes. ( using TM Warthog) This causes the input to be extremly sensitiv and hard to manage.

Im not sure of how the throttles are "programmed" in the mod, but it seems like its not set to be able to use both + & - on the axis.

I read about this earlier as the collective settings from BIS side is not very initutive as you have to set both + & - axis to ensure the collective works on the full 100% of the axes range.

Ref: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23060&nbn=1

This works fine on other helicopters but i struggled with throttles on the Apache. It may be a hot fix to set client side axis differently, but that would mea changing inputs for every time one uses this mod, which is not ideal.

A second thing we had some issues with was when lasing targets directly, IE a tank, car etc it will not get a lock..We have to to lock on to the ground next to target, then slew laser lock onto target. Not sure if this is a "feature" or a bug. Loved the ability to buddy lase btw,, creates tons of fun :)

On the same note but not directly related to only this mod..The PIP cameras for pilots are unfortunatly quite worthless, as you cannot see anything unless the gunner is looking at close ranges.

This is the same issue as for the vanilla Commance..Is there any way to bring back the optics screen instead as in Arma2. Here you could open up a screen to watch the gunner screen..the only limitation was that you would not get the same depth of zoom as the gunner..but it was working far better then the A3 option..That said..they could also just fix the PIP so its possible to be properly controlled/ used by pilot.

Btw. We got some pretty desperat airheads in our clan that would be more than happy help you test further updates if needed.

Edited by Sjaba