Sign in to follow this  
allarvendla

Military cap without headset

Hello guys!

I am working on an addon to retexture some items. At the moment I am working on cappatrol.3pd retexture.

icon_h_cap_patrol_spc_ca.png

I would love to have 2 variants of it. One without the headest and one with the headset. But there seems to be only one variant of it. And that's with the headset.

So I opened the model in oxygen and saw that it has two textures (one for the cap and one for the headset). Doing some testing I discovered that changing headset texture with an empty one (inside O2) made the headset dissapear. I don't want to change the model (as I understand it is forbidden to change BIs work) I wonder if there is some way I could replace headgears texture with empty texture using config or some other voodoo..

I searched through the config.cpp's but did not find anything on headset texture.

At this point I have ran out of ideas. Maybe You have some useful suggestions? :)

Allar

You need to do a bit more digging around, there is a version of that hat without a headset

• Confused 1

Sorry for upping an old thread but I've got the same problem as allarvendla. I've made retextures for the military cap/patrol cap but apart from editing the model I can't remove that pesky little headset. Pomigit, you said there was a model without the headset but I can't find it in the base game's pbos nor in actual coded in headgear.

I simply wanted to know where can I find said model. Thank you in advance.

try to mettle with the hidden selections - if you find the headset just leave the texture empty , should be camo1 camo2 or camo3 i think

I haven't had time to check by meddling with the code but according to the CfgWeapons of the Military Cap there seems to only be one hiddenSelection used for the Military Cap... At least in the config files... :/