Sign in to follow this  
dreadedentity

Requesting some information about certain vehicle LOD's

I'd just like to preface this post by saying that I am not an addon builder, I am only familiar with the scripting.

Anyway, for something I'm working on, I need to get a few LOD's, specifically "pos driver", "pos commander", "pos cargo", using the command selectionPosition. However, the command selectionPosition only returns 1 model position array, but I read while doing research (I had to do a lot of vehicle config research) that you can place multiple LOD's to allow players to enter/exit from multiple places on your vehicle.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any way to get the extra LOD's if there are any. I tried opening a few models in Object Builder but then I found out that you can't do that (I understand why). I thought about using a sample model, but who knows how much is missing from a real, actual, live config, plus I don't see any Arma 3 samples here on this page. I am quickly losing interest in this project. I really just want to know if there is any simple way to get the extra LOD's (for example, "pos cargo1","pos cargo2", etc).

Thanks a lot for any help

what your looking for is memory points not LODs get in positions are stored in the memory LOD then used in the config as a memorypointgetincargo[] = {all,the,slots,that,take,up,the,array}(im pretty sure thats the command). i did a quick skim through the arma 3 commands so idk what you could use to return the positions of a selected vehicle. but maybe this will give you an idea of a direction to head in. i believe you can run somthing through the config to look for a certain entry but i cant remember what it is. hope this helps.

Thanks for your help Sw4l, I did see that memorypointgetincargo config entry, but the problem is that it's only a single entry and not an array. Here is a screenshot of the vehicle I'm testing:

Za9WN4a.jpg

Here, I've placed little helper spheres to show me where each of the exit points are using this code:

{
_pos = car1 selectionPosition ("pos " + _x);
_obj = createVehicle ["Sign_Sphere25cm_F", [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_obj attachTo [car1, _pos];
}forEach ["driver","codriver","cargo"];

I know that this will only spawn 3 spheres, but there is no error-handling in this code, if an array of position arrays were passed to it it would fail with an error. There should be 2 more exit points on the right side. If you choose "ride in back" and then you get out, you'll be properly dumped out on the right side, so I'm just wondering where that point is defined in the config and how I can access it. That's not even mentioning how "pos codriver" doesn't exist.

look at the tank example, there it's 2 positions

If you mean the vehicle seat positions: Fast answer, you can't. Vehicle positions are defined as proxies. There is no way to get a proxy position so we are f***... Selectposition only can get named selections defined in memory LOD. And there are no standard memorypoints to indicate vehicle positions, the ones you tired there ("driver","codriver",...) doesnt need to be defined at all on vehicles.

Only workaround that exist to get them its to create the vehicle, put a unit on the position and get the position... you may be able to cache that data and store it somewhere, but that would be a really messy implementation. There was some request to get a new script command to access that data, we can always hope :P

Edit: you can get the getin and out positions used on models by getting memory point name from config and then use selectposition, but as i said that doest include seat positions themselves.

Edited by columdrum