Sign in to follow this  
persius

Navigation and weapon question

I'm familiarizing myself with Arma 3 and I'm still having a couple of issues so I would appreciate any help that players can provide.

1. Whenever I opened the map I would usually see cross hairs which indicated my current position and when I'm moving across the map either on foot or in a vehicle the same cross hairs moved to keep me informed of my current position. For some reason these cross hairs are no longer visible and as a result when I'm playing I can't pinpoint my exact location. Is there a key to make them appear?

2. Regarding the GPS. What exactly does the GPS do that the map doesn't? I always have a map in my inventory but not a GPS. I included a GPS unit just to see what will happen and so far it doesn't seem like it does much of anything. How do I use the GPS and what advantage does it have over the map alone?

3. I used to see my weapon stat window (upper right corner) but now it's gone and only appears temporarily when I press "F". How can I make it appear and remain on the screen?

Thanks.

I would say that if you are playing Singleplayer showing where you at is governed by difficulty level. (ESC - options..)

The other side is playing on MP when Server side rules are applied to all players being as small as disabled tracking your

location.

GPS is accessable with pressing CTR + M while being in game (not in a map screen).

I think weapon window is adjustable in Options and by difficulty but I'm not sure for the later.

As stated above its all based on the difficulty settings of you or the server if in MP.

I would suggest playing on the hardest possible settings. So you don't get too accustomed to crutches like 3rd person or map markers.

Hi.

Thanks to the both of you replying. I understand the idea in difficulty of play and that explains my position on the map. Currently I am playing alone and becoming familiar with the map, weapons etc. The only question still remaining is about the GPS. I currently have one in my inventory. I have been pressing CTR + M and only the map opens up so I'm not sure if this is what the GPS is doing or not. If it is, what should the GPS do for me that the map alone won't?

Thanks again.

Hi.

Thanks to the both of you replying. I understand the idea in difficulty of play and that explains my position on the map. Currently I am playing alone and becoming familiar with the map, weapons etc. The only question still remaining is about the GPS. I currently have one in my inventory. I have been pressing CTR + M and only the map opens up so I'm not sure if this is what the GPS is doing or not. If it is, what should the GPS do for me that the map alone won't?

Thanks again.

Its RIGHT CTRL + M (sounds like you're pressing LEFT CTRL + M).

It opens a much smaller and confined map in a small screen (usually in the bottom right corner, though its location on screen can be adjusted in your options via the UI Editor). It gives you your exact grid position and will show your heading.