rye1

Close Quarter Battle Mod (CQB-M) [WIP]

I really hope that feature will be toggleable, for me atleast that feature alone ruins a mod that I otherwise wouldve been waiting for ages. That script will get you killed in any dynamic enviroment which isnt pre setup rainbow six type scenario.

From what I have heard this will be toggleable. For some people it's immersion, for others it's a killer due to the time of animations and so on. We'll make sure to work something out.

I really hope that feature will be toggleable

Its automatic, you automatically lower your weapon when you get to close to a wall, but as suggested you guys could make

it an option and add a userconfig or something in the controls to turn it off.

It has been a busy few weeks for most developers, we have made some progress. We will be picking up the pace over the coming ~4 weeks when real-life settles down.

We've been working on our shotguns like the Serbu Super Shorty Remington 870 and a few animations.

I really hope that feature will be toggleable, for me atleast that feature alone ruins a mod that I otherwise wouldve been waiting for ages. That script will get you killed in any dynamic enviroment which isnt pre setup rainbow six type scenario.

We are not looking to include features that make gameplay worse and look to kill you more often. We want things to work as fluidly as anybody else does.

Edited by Rye
Spelling.

Hey guys, my first post, so don't yell at me, but is this mod dead, I if it isn't well done to you, and if it is, well, it was an ambitious project in the first place.

EDIT if it isn't, then it would be good to have a feature that allows you to put windows and frames in with the the halligan or frame charges.

• Like 1

Hey guys, my first post, so don't yell at me, but is this mod dead, I if it isn't well done to you, and if it is, well, it was an ambitious project in the first place.

EDIT if it isn't, then it would be good to have a feature that allows you to put windows and frames in with the the halligan or frame charges.

Hi Ghilliesuittaco, although it might seem like this mod is dead, or slowly dying. I'd like to inform you that we are still in progress of making it. Unfortunally many of our dev-team have stumbled upon priority matters in real life, and have so far been unable to actively participate in making this mod. I can ensure you that this mod will be worked on further, however the time for this is unclear at the moment. If needed we will open a few roles to get some new additions within our team.

Thank you for your support and suggestion, we will be looking into it further.

With most of the Dev team dealing with real life matters; Have you thought of asking the ACE3 Team if you can merge into them and make this mod part of ACE3?

• Like 1

Glad to see someone tackling CQB in ArmA. Sorry you lost team members though. I have no modding or scripting skills at all, but I do have several years of CQB experience in you need a new advisor.

My god, this mod is still alive?!? I thought Christmas was supposed to be in December, not August!

Of course we're still alive. This was a longer term project for all of us. We estimated that early-mid year would get busy for some of the Aussies with TAFE, Uni, work, etc. We're still progressing but at a slower rate. We have most of what we need to get in game. I have handed over the reigns to Lewis in the mean time, I will be free in ~10 weeks and back to it.

As a big fan of SWAT 4, this would be just the ultimate mod for me :D

This needs more attention from the community!

• Like 1

Any Updates?

It has been a while since I have been here, sorry. I am currently trying to offload onto a good project manager. I'm stuck in work, girlfriend, etc. The team is still making models on and off. If anyone is interested in pushing this project forward, shoot me a message. I've asked around to quite a few people.

7BxQ9Bf.png

G'day all,                                                                                          

Today we would like to announce the collaboration of both Project Overwatch and CQB-M  (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179939-close-quarter-battle-mod-cqb-m-wip/)

The CQBM team have faced certain issues both in their personal lives and with certain aspects of the mod itself. Our team will be assisting in finishing the bulk of the work for CQBM and helping it progress further. We plan on still releasing the mod as a standalone as originally intended, but core features from the modification itself will be integrated into Project Overwatch further in the development phase. A handful of members of the original CQBM team have decided to stick around and continue work on the modification with our assistance. Moderators may i ask that the CQBM thread please remain open, as we will be posting progress updates and monitoring the thread for people who are specifically interested in CQBM. As stated earlier we are still interested in volunteers to assist in development, especially with the new aspect of CQBM.

More info in the coming days.

Cheers gents

• Like 6

Hey guys, was wondering if you had considered adding the ability to gain access to the roof of a building by climbing up the outside of the building?

I was doing some surfing of the net and came across this site http://www.resqmax.com/products.php and thought that the products might be useful in enhancing the capabilities for MOE for CQB.

What do you think?

Hey guys, was wondering if you had considered adding the ability to gain access to the roof of a building by climbing up the outside of the building?

I was doing some surfing of the net and came across this site http://www.resqmax.com/products.php and thought that the products might be useful in enhancing the capabilities for MOE for CQB.

What do you think?

We may invest time looking into it further down the track, but it won't be high on the priorities list.

You can do this already in A3 using excellent addon 'Enhanced Movement' by Bad Benson:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27224

• Like 3

I feel like this is something ACE3 could pick up... would be great to have door breaching and various methods of accomplishing it in that mod.

• Like 2

I don't mean to bump the thread, but have we got any updates?

Currently being Project Lead I can tell you this mod is as good as dead. All original dev members have left.

If anyone is willing to contribute I'll be willing to work on it again, and make it work.

Too Bad, Was really interested and following this. CQB is one area that the ARMA franchise really needs some work on .

• Like 3

In our Wolfpack group we use the Sushi Breaching script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30573 as well as Superflash http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21139 or the ACE M84 Stun Grenades for breaching and clearing.

Recently we are looking at Norrin's Low Ready CQB mod...... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1879

• Like 1

Hi, and please forgive me for my manners. But rather than posting shameless selfpromotion here you might have noticed that this thread is dead, and so is the mod. So I hereby would like to ask a moderator to close this thread. Or ask all other forum users to let this thread be where it should be. Somewhere lost on the forums without bumps. :f: