rye1

Close Quarter Battle Mod (CQB-M) [WIP]

Definitely CQB in Arma 3 is really hard to reproduce, but if you guys be able to do some breaching interactions like putting explosives, using hammers or pick locking would be really awesome and don't forget about improvements on movements and specially on granade throw this mod is very needed !!

Hope these ideias can help you guys, keep up with the good work !!

The "main" reason why CQB isn't a thing in ArmA 3 is because of the lack of proper buildings / environments to CQB in, that's honestly about it.

I'm saying that because it would be a shame to have a very in-depth mod, but still no place to properly use these new tools.

Take a look at the AFDS thread - some very pretty buildings (amongst other goodies) being designed with CQB in mind.

I'd like to welcome Shay and Zorilya to the team. Both are experienced scripters when at breaching scripts and mods within the game. It's great to have you guys onboard!

The "main" reason why CQB isn't a thing in ArmA 3 is because of the lack of proper buildings / environments to CQB in, that's honestly about it.

I'm saying that because it would be a shame to have a very in-depth mod, but still no place to properly use these new tools.

Thanks for your comment. I feel that it is an area that has been neglected.

You could conduct most entries reasonably in ArmA 2 give or take a few issues with the building collisions. ArmA 3 is an upgrade, it's much, much better. There are perfectly good urban environments, buildings and rooms within the vanilla maps.

We will have a 'locking door' script which will lock random doors around the map so the tools definitely have their place. We currently have no plan to create our own maps or objects specifically counteracting these problems, maybe down the track.

Take a look at the AFDS thread - some very pretty buildings (amongst other goodies) being designed with CQB in mind.

These look great!

Edited by Rye
Welcome Shay and Zorilya!

CQB-M Update 2

Advanced Breaching Interface

BlHBVMu.jpg

The Advanced Breaching Interface is a fluid and dynamic system that will allow players to interact with doors and equipment within seconds.

Edited by Rye
Spelling.

CQB-M Update 2

http://i.imgur.com/BlHBVMu.jpg

The Advanced Breaching Interface is a fluid and dynamic system that will allow players to interact with doors and equipment within seconds.

Ooh that looks awesome, will the interfaces be compatible or integrated with ACE3?

Also, will you guys be adding "fluid" door opening like in the old Rainbow 6 games? It'd be amazing to just open the door a tad to chuck in a flashbang, then bash through when it goes boom.

Keep up the awesome work.

Ooh that looks awesome, will the interfaces be compatible or integrated with ACE3?

Also, will you guys be adding "fluid" door opening like in the old Rainbow 6 games? It'd be amazing to just open the door a tad to chuck in a flashbang, then bash through when it goes boom.

Keep up the awesome work.

We're unsure yet but we hope that it is compatible with most major mods out there. Fluid door opening is already implemented. ;) We just haven't shown it off yet.

We're unsure yet but we hope that it is compatible with most major mods out there. Fluid door opening is already implemented. ;) We just haven't shown it off yet.

Awww yisss. I can't wait to see how it works.

CQB-M Update 2

http://i.imgur.com/BlHBVMu.jpg

Is that a Photoshop mock-up or in-game?

And how are you planning on doing the animations for those options?

Is that a Photoshop mock-up or in-game?

And how are you planning on doing the animations for those options?

Mock-up currently. Other offshooting branches of door checks and opening will be added with a main hotkey for opening the door (Hopefully this means no more scrolling just to open the door!).

Lewis has MOCAP and is capable of doing a few base animations. Animations link directly to the object. As soon as you select and use the object, the animation occurs and the effect occurs. For example you come to a door, select ram, ram animation and sound plays with model visible, door opens with a percentage for failed breach. Simple.

We have also contacted community animators who will work on them if we can't make them on our end.

Looking forward to ths mod, always loved CQB, wondering if this was ever mentioned before but have you guys seen this addon?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21818

Ours is almost completely similar, although with Zorilya's scripting, if we ballistic breach the door will push open slightly so you can then continue to pry the door or push it all the way to the wall. It's easy to pry it open or ballistic breach then put a grenade in and close-off the door. Pretty cool.

Could I expect the breaching variants of 870 MCS and M590A1?For they are more common in military units.

Could I expect the breaching variants of 870 MCS and M590A1?For they are more common in military units.

We have just finished modelling the Serbu Shotgun. We'll see what we can do.

Can you add Keys on the numbers/Scratch Pad ? UpArrow and so on.Finally some use for it....MCC use?

Can you add Keys on the numbers/Scratch Pad ? UpArrow and so on.Finally some use for it....MCC use?

Unsure. You should be able to.

Will it be compatible with the ACE3 menu?

Yes. We're looking at full compatibility.

Have long thought a well implemented 'SWAT 4' mod based on this game could be a huge winner. Good luck!

Except that moving through buildings still sux balls in the Arma series.

Have you guys thought about adding Ballistic Shields? This could allow for pretty interesting CQB tactics

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/special-reaction-team/srt-shield.jpg (114 kB)

Some operators using ballistic shields prefer to hold their pistols sideways or 45 degrees tilted so they can get a better view of their sight, as shown in this image:

https://chasetactical.com/cache/product_710BFEC907A141D38FA5F40A22CF4E6C_600x600.JPG

It's not essential or whatever, but it'd be pretty cool. :)

Edited by TSean

working on AI would be enough... I mean to have them walk around in buildings... but still there are no buildings in the game

got an little suggestition for your mod:

I think the author of the addon shown in the video is inactive. There are a few bugs in his version, I think they never get updatet:(. Maybe you can adopt the idea, would be very cool for CQB.

Have you guys thought about adding Ballistic Shields? This could allow for pretty interesting CQB tactics

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/special-reaction-team/srt-shield.jpg (114 kB)

Some operators using ballistic shields prefer to hold their pistols sideways or 45 degrees tilted so they can get a better view of their sight, as shown in this image:

https://chasetactical.com/cache/product_710BFEC907A141D38FA5F40A22CF4E6C_600x600.JPG

It's not essential or whatever, but it'd be pretty cool. :)

We have considered ballistic shields but unsure if they're on the horizon at present.

working on AI would be enough... I mean to have them walk around in buildings... but still there are no buildings in the game

We're not working on AI.

I think the author of the addon shown in the video is inactive. There are a few bugs in his version, I think they never get updatet:(. Maybe you can adopt the idea, would be very cool for CQB.

We have permissions from Norrin already to use his scripts and modify them. :P

Sorry but useless to me, gadget and may cause more problems than anything else

Sorry but useless to me, gadget and may cause more problems than anything else

Mod author confirmed that it will be used, one post above yours.

• Like 1