Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

Something to replace VAS?

Given patch updates and such... is there a good replacement for VAS since Tonic said he's done with it? Or any to recommend?

From what I've seen, I think BI's VA is your best alternative to fit as many commonalities between VAS and other systems, but I haven't seen any other similar systems, I could have easily overlooked them however.

Yeah that's what I'm starting to see on servers when I rarely go on one. Thanks man...

While VA is great for its nice display and listing compatible ammo, attachments ect. for current weapon it lacks function to restore loadout on respawn and much less used but still handy function to transfer loadout to other players.

So I'm using both. Aeroson's get/set loadout will save and restore a kit on respawn but clashes with ATM's halo script witch temporarily saves and then reloads kit after landing.

Has anyone tried Iceman77's loadout script, does it work, and does it support load on respawn. It would be best if VA did it all, but I havn't found a way to do it with VA.

Luckily I downloaded Tonic's last edit to VAS from his github before he removed it. It's fine now, but I suspect VAS may completely break after next DLC.

Was getting several errors with ASOR Gear Selector and its a massive script + Respawn/restore not supported..

I too am looking for solutions.

Yeah with 1.4 VAS is glitching like a motherfucker (or it could be ASDG) as some weapons will load optics fine, others won't, so I can maybe attribute it to ASDG but really not sure.

Stay with the Arsenal and simly use/write a load gear on respawn script.

.... Aeroson's get/set loadout will save and restore a kit on respawn but clashes with ATM's halo script witch temporarily saves and then reloads kit after landing...
I can't live without Aeroson's-GET-SET-Loadout and regularly use ATM-Airdrop

If you want to use them both, edit atm_functions.sqf and rename (or hash out /* */) the functions Getloadout and Setloadout.

@EricJ, I've noticed the missing scope bug on some rifles with only VAS running though no script errors. It Must have started with patch 1.40.

@Beerkan, Yeah Aeronson's and ATM"s scripts have functions with the same names. Fixed! Thanks for the tip.

Virtual Arsenal with Aeroson's-GET-SET-Loadout is the best setup I've found.

That's what I'm thinking which sucks though... too bad Tonic gave it up.

VAS just simply sucks, I don't know why people still use it. Code behind it is trash for performance and there is no fixing that. It was a nice thing two years ago but serves no purpose in this day an age. I actually rip my own hair out every Sunday and Tuesday because TAW uses it in their missions. I think ASOR is a better drop-in-replacement for it.

VAS simply works man, I prefer it over Arsenal:

- Less buggy

- Works

- Only real complaint I have of it is the small windows.

Other than that I still use it and while it's not as intuitive as Arsenal, I can save a loadout and bring it back out easy, and while on some servers I do use Arsenal, it's because I have no choice in the matter. I mean if it was that bad I know I wouldn't use it but again I love it man.

What exactly is bugged with the Arsenal? I've never had any trouble with it, maybe you should use the Feedback tracker if you have issues with it.

ASOR Gear Selector is the best of all of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thnx to Robalo we extended VAS for a longtime, but its just not worth maintaining it. Arsenal is better. And we use GearSelect along side.It has all the VAS with paperdoll too. I can see if you only use your stuff, and not alot of other stuff then VAS isnt too much of a issue. But VAS is dead....