chronicsilence

Removing default items from action menu

Hi everyone,

I'm an experienced scripter but new to addons/modding, and so I'm not sure how to go about this. I'm looking for a way to remove the default action menu items from vehicles: particularly, the "Inventory", "Rearm at...", and "Take..." actions that appear on every vehicle. Is there a way to do this through some Cfg override or something? And if there is, can it be done for all vehicles instead of having to specify for each type of vehicle?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Figured it out! CfgActions, override each one in question with show = 0. That one really needs some documentation...

sorry to bump such an old thread but can you override CfgActions from the description.ext? or is it only overridden from a mod (config.cpp)... and lastly would it look like this?

class CfgActions {
    class UseMagazine {
        show = 0;
    };
};

what I am trying to achieve is the removal of the "Place Explosive charge (1 left)" from the scroll menu. 

Check out ACE's GITHUB, they managed exactly that (you have to use the ACE Interaction Menu to place explosives as there is no action-menu entry for it).

On 21/07/2016 at 11:34 PM, JohnnyShootos said:

sorry to bump such an old thread but can you override CfgActions from the description.ext? or is it only overridden from a mod (config.cpp)... and lastly would it look like this?

class CfgActions {
    class UseMagazine {
        show = 0;
    };
};

what I am trying to achieve is the removal of the "Place Explosive charge (1 left)" from the scroll menu. 

Johnny,

You was able to do it using description.ext?

Unfortunately not @donnovan.

I was working on an explosives placement script that allowed attachement of charges to any object in game at any angle dependent on the surface normal of the surface.

(So if you wanted to you could place a demo charge up inside the wheel-well of a hunter for example and it would stick there out of sight).

I really wanted to remove the default action without requiring a proper mod - as it was only for one or two missions for the community I was playing with.

Got the script / functionality working excellently but unfortunately could not remove the pesky default action.  

On 29.09.2017 at 6:47 AM, Guest said:

Johnny,

You was able to do it using description.ext?

it won't work trough decription.ext ,cause it editing missionconfigfile (not configfile) (actualy it depends on engine if the exact class can be readed by game from missi.. ,but using addons is preferable by some reasons)

, and you'll need some other lines in the class too ,for it would work for the engine (when you writing

class _ {/*anything*/};

in this cases it overwriting the class entirely (and most of classes (including these) need some parameters('lines') for they would work)).