Gekon

[Official] Launcher Feedback

Greetings!..

I've got an idea, and attempted to write a basic description and visually interpret it. The idea is; Sharing mod templates with your friends.

Visual : http://i.imgur.com/Idaeiku.png

Written : http://pastebin.com/ex812XGZ

Maybe a bit too much work for the end results, just an idea. Also, sorry if my interpretation is hard to understand, it's a long story.

Feature request:

If your server is defined in your Arma 3 Units page, it appears on the Units tab of the launcher. Could the launcher auto provide the server password for servers in the units tab? Or could the server application not bother asking for a password if it's being jioned via the launcher Units tab?

Hi, my game wont start after clicking Play on Launcher. There was 500 mb update today(August.9.2016). Can't tell if the new update cause the game wont start. Playing it the day before and working very well. Here's the RPT file. Any help will be much appreciated. https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Hi,

you have parameter -donothing enabled in Launcher or directly in the command line.  :icon_twisted:  In Launcher you can find this parameter on PARAMETERS page -> Advanced tab -> Author section.

Hi, thanks alot. It work well again. I might misclick it since i was exploring it last night. Cheers. :P

First problem I have is that the arma 3 launcher has a pretty high cpu usage. It's normally around 15% but sometimes it also spikes at 30%. And that when I am not even doing anything and it's just idling around. That doesn't seem normal to me but it's not that bothersome.

Whats more annoying is that I have some flickering when using the launcher. Might not be the launchers fault and just my PC, idk.

Anyways, here a video to show you what I mean:

Strangely it only happens on my second monitor, on my other everything's fine and so far it appears to only happen with the arma 3 launcher window and only when it's in the foregound and when another window lies behind it.

Hello,

regarding the flickering, please go to Options - Launcher Options - and check "Disable Launcher's UI hardware acceleration" and restart Launcher, that might help you. This is usually caused by a graphic card or its driver.

The high CPU usage should be already fixed on Dev Branch, we've done several improvements and fixes and the CPU usage is now significantly lower, especially when Launcher is on background (when you're in the game). 

Disabling hardware acceleration didn't help but you were saying it could be an issue with my drivers and I just remembered that I still have the default nvidia drivers from window 10 installed. So I reinstalled my nvidia drivers with the newest version and the problem seems to be gone. Thanks.

Good to hear that the cpu usage should be fixed in a coming update. :)

• Like 1

If you are talking about the launch i am currently using, it is terrible. It will not work, it will not properly refresh, and it cannot launch the game.

Can anyone confirm that the launcher sometimes doesn't properly detect the mods which are running/are allowed on the server.

Our community's server has the following mods running: (Copied directly from the webinterface)

mods/LB/@cba;mods/LB/@tfar;mods/LB/@asr;mods/LB/@cup_maps;mods/LB/@ace;modo/@aceserver;mods/LB/@rhsu;mods/LB/@rhsr;mods/LB/@rhsg;mods/LB/@rhss;mods/LB/@Esseker;mods/LB/@acerhs

However, the launcher says that no mods are required by the server and no mods are allowed.

If you want to test it yourself, here are the required infos about the server.

Server name: [LB] Linebackers Server #1 pw @ ts.linebackers.de
Address: 46.4.91.122:2326
Server version: 166139586
Required game version: 1.66.0

Map: Tanoa
Mission: ZGM_Tanoa_[+ [TFAR,ACE]]
Players: 2/30

In order to join the server I had to load the mods and join the server via the ingame server browser.

It probably is not able to match them due to your subfolder.

1 hour ago, .kju said:

It probably is not able to match them due to your subfolder.

You mean the subfolder on the server? I thought it's only comparing the steam id from the meta.cpp.

1 minute ago, BIS_Wizard said:

Hi,

I see the same behavior in both in-game server browser and in Launcher: the list of mods is empty. Given that server appears in the listing at all, I'd say that the list overflows the expected packet size and is truncated.

What would be the solution for this?

Just now, BIS_Wizard said:

If I'm right, then removal a mod or change of the nice name would do (the game transmits the nice name from config or mod.cpp if present).

But I'll have to check this later, because as far as I remember, I've designed the protocol to remove only the mods that overflow and set the overflow flag, not to dispose them all.

Okay thanks, would be great if you could come up with a transparent solutionf or that. Because right now, people just think it's not working.

I've just seen the changelog. Thanks for fixing the issue so quickly.

can't get EVGA Precision X OSD to work when I start arma3 with the launcher

if I launch arma3 direct with use of the exe files the OSD works

if I start arma3 with shortcut: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3_x64.exe" -nosplash -noLogs -enableHT -hugepages

then problem is I can't join any server with battleye enabled, because battleye won't start and old solution with battleye start parameter gone from BI wiki,

I do slowly getting old and do not remember anymore how to do that

any help would be really appreciated

towards BI developer it would be really nice if you could fix this problem so that we can use EVGA Precision X OSD using the official launcher

I do use EVGA Precision X 16 x64 v5.3.11

I am not sure if it is battleye, would battleye not give a error message in such case?

I see no error messages pop up, the OSD simply refuses to start when using the launcher.

In all other games I have installed on steam, the OSD do work even if they use a launcher too.

Wizard is there any particular reason for the close button being on the bottom of screen rather than top of mod loadout. by mod section I'm referring to when you go to join a server and it pops up the mods on the server and option to load them/ unload.

I ask this because for me, the close is always hidden below my task bar unless i make it full screen. this may be due to the fact I'm using a 32 inch tv for this rig. I can't think off hand if it is like this on my other rig with proper monitor.

this is by no means a huge deal as I said making it full screen reveals it. just curious.

17 hours ago, BIS_Wizard said:

Well it should be really easy to test it: disable BattlEye in Launcher and start the game.

Works when turn off Battleye ... :glare:

So what now, do I need to ask Battleye to allow EVGA Precision X OSD or will you do this.

4 hours ago, BIS_Wizard said:

Hi teabagginpeople, I'll look into that.

There is something creepy about seeing that user name used in a greeting.  

Cheers Wizard.

I've got a strange issue where if I try to join a modded server through the launcher, it gives me a signature mismatch (doesn't allow to join without unloading mods), but if I join from in-game, everything works fine. Just annoying and strange, I haven't noticed any other effect.

I'm getting zaKds2w.jpgon a lot of servers.

I have to use battlemetrics.com to manually add the mods required to play online.

I would like a possibility for the server to add a .html preset file in the config or sth. The launcher would load this file and display mods based on that instead.

That launcher is driving me properly crazy...

I had to reinstall Arma3 yesterday, because Steam was unable to update the game eventhough I had enough free space on my SSD. And now, after setting the launcher to install mods on my HDD, workshop items are installed twice : one copy on the SSD and another one on the HDD. Instead of enjoying the update and working on my projects, I'm spending the week-end on this crap. What a waste of time.

Hi, just noticed this thread and i just decided to stop by to say that the Launcher is a great and helpfull thing. I am realy gratefull for it after the pain called ingame serverbrowser, and the hell called play with six, there is something that actualy works, and is actually helpfull. 

• Like 3

I have a request because I have migrated so many of my mods over to the launcher and with many mods, it is needs better sorting functions.

Can we have check boxes to filter for the following so it sorts it for only:

Mods that need dependencies or errors

Mods that needs updating

Mods that needs to be downloaded or installed, and has not yet been installed?

It would help to filter and trouble shoot among other problems such as my post about STEAM WORKSHOP NOT updating or downloading any mods after a certain date, about the last two works it appears.

If I launch STEAM, or "STEAM and A3L", the mods that need installing and updating sits in the QUEUE forever.

.kju advised to right click and select REPAIR which works but ONLY if I have launched the game into the main ARMA menu, without actually connected to a server. I have to do this a few times going back and forth to get mods installed or updated. It does work but is annoying.