Gekon

[Official] Launcher Feedback

Does the launcher deal with userconfigs automatically? Or do we still need to manually place the userconfigs in the appropriate folder?

Not now. How would you expect that to work?

Is there a way to scale down the size of the launcher? It's to large for my screen and in addition it's magically attached to the bottom edge of my screen. I can record a video of the issue if necessary.

Edit: It seems there is still no option to have different profiles for different server.

For example:

Profile 1: Server A

Mods: A,B,C

Startup Parameters: empty world, no intro, no splash, connect= 1243.1235.6234.123 port=23523

----------------------------------------------

Profile 2: Mission editing

Mods: no mods

Startup Parameters: showScriptErrors

----------------------------------------------

Profile 3: Server B

Mods: E,F,G

Startup Parameters: empty world, no intro, no splash, connect= 7346.67.6234.123 port=23343

I hope you get the idea.

Edited by R3vo

What is your screen resolution and do you have your screen elements enlarged over 100 % (or put more technically what is your screen's DPI)?

This feature is already on our product backlog. No ETA at the this time.

I use a 24" monitor with 1920x1080 with 125% scaling. I guess the scaling might be the problem.

[...]This feature is already on our product backlog. No ETA at the this time.

Great to hear that, thanks for the info.

Not now. How would you expect that to work?

Was that a rethorical question..?

If not, I would expect it to work by having the launcher detect a folder called "userconfig" and then make a copy of the contents of the folder in the game's userconfig folder. Same process for bikeys.

Can the launcher just be a re-sizable window? And maybe add a button into it somewhere that lets you set it to not launch instead of having to set launch options.

I remember in an older version when I hit play in Steam I got a pop up that would let me pick if I wanted to play Arma3 or play with launcher and it would just remember I had it set to Play Arma3.

I know this is not strictly related to the launcher, but can you guys do something about Steam not bringing you to the changelog of an item you updated, after clicking "View" button in the downloads tab? It used to work before.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22824

Edit:

Also, is font antialiasing going to be a thing? It's weird because some text seems to be antialiased, and some other is not. I think that good presentation matters.

Edited by FrankHH

If you point me to the specific text, I'd more than happy to look whether there is room for improvement.

Notice the tabs "NEWS" "PARAMETERS" "MODS", then compare it with the button "PLAY". I can easily tell how the tab names are "pixelated" when compared to the text that says "PLAY". The same happens with most other text.

On an unrelated note, I think the news readability could be improved. As it stands, it's hard to get the important information at a first glance.

This:

2zqenok.png

Could look more like this:

f02kg9.png

Or this:

zt6tsz.png

These are just quick mock-ups, but you get the idea. "Marksmen Release Week, Dev Diary #2, BattlEye" is important info. It should have precedence and more visibility over author and date, given the small space.

I made an account just to say this - but first of all, why in the world am I not able to create my own thread? What I have to say has nothing to do with the OP..

How can I prevent the launcher from loading up every time I play arma now? It so frustrating because it wants me to chose what mods I want before I actually load the game. How about sometimes I have no idea what mod I want to play, and would rather load the game up, take a look at some servers, then go to the expansions and select what mods I need. This makes playing arma such a hassle, and to be honest, ever since they implemented this, I haven't really played. Is there something I can do in the set launch options?

How can I prevent the launcher from loading up every time I play arma now?

Is there something I can do in the set launch options?

Use -nolauncher as startup param.

Profile Path section under Advanced (Tab)\Advanced (Tree) seems broken, at least for me. I have my profile in "...\SteamApps\Common\Arma 3\Profiles" (like it was in CWA) and when I launch the game trough launcher it creates a new folder in "...\SteamApps\Common\Arma\...". It seems like space between Arma and 3 is bothering it. I tried wrapping the path in quotes but it only outlines the field with red and has no effect ingame. Besides you have to browse for folder anyway. Weird thing is that it finds the profile name under Basic parameter settings.

Works perfectly fine when launching the game via bat file or shortcut though.

Hey, I am having problems with the launcher. Ever since forcing people to make the launcher default I am unable to play the game. I am not going to make a bug report because I know its something that cant be fixed and is in my end. Is there some launch parameter to skip the launcher because the game currently does not even open past some errors thanks.

Before people tell me to download the new version of C++, I know thats the solution but my computer does not allow me to install it.

If anyone knows how to make Arma 3 run without opening the Launcher please let me know.

Thanks.

Im having nearly the same problem but in my case my a3 launcher wont visualize and i cant play my arma unless i go by a different launcher.

Is there a way of having the launcher fire up a 3rd party application? It would be very useful if it could, for example, launch my tail application that shows the RPT when it launches the game.

I have a big problem with the launcher server browser.

If you selected a server that is nearly full, there is a risk (until your game is loaded) that you will get kicked from it because all player slots are full.

There needs to be a system in the launcher that reserves a slot for you as soon as you click on join.

After you get kicked from that server, there is no information stored in the ingame server browser on which server you were trying to connect.

I am proposing for a launcher server slot reservation feature, a feature that saves the recent server id for the ingame server browser and/or a feature that you can copy and paste the server ip from the launcher server browser for a fast remote connect with the ingame server browser.

What do you guys think about it?

PLEEEASE HELP ME !!!

========================

Can't open MODS
I can't open MODS in launcher. It just writes thats I can't load this menu, because I'm in the game. BUT I'M NOT IN THE GAME. I can't select mods or something in menu MODS. I restarted the game , steam. I reinstalled game. I cleared cash. But nothing doesn't work! Help me, please. I can't open menu mods in launcher.
steamsad

It would be nice if the newly implemented server browser would be added to the "Default page" setting. Thank you for your consideration.

The launcher itself is actually quite ok, but I have a problem .. it can no longer be started. Then if I want to start Arma 3, does not start Arma 3, I get 2 files on my desktop ..
1.Arma 3 Launcher Exception Log
2.Arma 3 Launcher Emergency Log
What can I do about it, Because I really want to play again Arma 3!
Pls someone can help, I would be really thankful

Euhm might just be me... but did something happen with the launcher? I have a custom mods folder where the workshop downloads mods to, the launcher displays all my mods in the mods list but they are no where to be seen in the folder....

Euhm might just be me... but did something happen with the launcher? I have a custom mods folder where the workshop downloads mods to, the launcher displays all my mods in the mods list but they are no where to be seen in the folder....

Have you added a 'watched folder' somewhere that the launcher is seeing mods in?

jup same folder as the workshop folder... but it seemed that it was because i switched to RC and then swithced back... still strange how it could still read my mods.. (I now have to unsubscribe and subscribe again)

just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the devs for finally releasing an official launcher which allows you to download mods!! this was one of my biggest bugbears. 

• Like 1

It'd be great if the Launcher to export all current settings to a shortcut or text file. I switch between a few profiles and modsets for SP, MP, and Unit play.

An alternative would be to have Launcher profiles include not just mods but also game profile, server connection, etc.

Does someone know the excat time when the release will be and does helping the dev. kit help so you dont have to download maybe less later?

Hi there

There's an ongoing frustration I currently have with the launcher (One of the very few I might add) and that is it's Steam Workshop mod page links not taking me to a mods workshop page in the actual Steam app.

oJzaB61r.jpg

Instead it opens up the Steam workshop page in my browser, which I am very rarely/never signed in to.

It's annoying and unintuitive having to either sign in again in my browser or manually search for the mod within the steam, which essentially make the link in the screen shot above redundant.

I would like to be able to direct Steam Workshop links to open in the Steam browser rather than Firefox/Chrome/etc.

Is this possible? There seem to be no options available to have this happen in launcher options.

Thanks

E

• Like 3

Ahhh ok, so it's somewhat in Valves ball park,  a shame but fair enough to be cautious.

Thanks for the response Wiz.

E