Gekon

[Official] Launcher Feedback

-noLauncher fixed it.

Do whatever you want with launcher, just do not remove -noLauncher option from steam.

In my personal oponion launcher is only one more un-needed process wasting resources in my machine. Honestly, I hate games with external launcher.

-noLauncher fixed it.

Do whatever you want with launcher, just do not remove -noLauncher option from steam.

In my personal oponion launcher is only one more un-needed process wasting resources in my machine. Honestly, I hate games with external launcher.

-nolauncher didn't work for me.

I'm trying to launch the game with A3Sync since my community hast the repo set up with it. When I write -nolauncher in the steam parameter option it just loops and never actually starts the game, and when I don't set up this option I can't launch the game with A3S.

Please BI don't force things on people. That's not good.

Hey guys I need a little help with Play With Six & Arma III Launcher, how to make PWS launch the game using the Arma3.exe ?

-noLauncher didn't work, PWS mods failed to launch

-nolauncher didn't work for me.

I'm trying to launch the game with A3Sync since my community hast the repo set up with it. When I write -nolauncher in the steam parameter option it just loops and never actually starts the game, and when I don't set up this option I can't launch the game with A3S.

Please BI don't force things on people. That's not good.

I restarted steam and -noLauncher seems to be working. Weird bug.

please just bring back the old selection menu:

start arma3

start launcher

etc

i dislike the launcher :/

Something that I would find very useful would be a way to share presets with others. I have some friends who are hesitant to get into the mod scene because of the seeming complexity of setting up multiple mods and anything to help lower that barrier would be useful.

• Like 1

1: planned, will not be anytime soon and probably for workshop mods only (not server based)

2: as much as tiles are a thing now, lists are better for creating and communicating the load order (which might matter) for the mods being loaded. But we will enable showing the icon/image in the mod info.

3: I see what you mean, but is a tricky thing to solve. We'll think about it.

4: newly subscribed mods are automatically downloaded and included.

Thanks for responding.

1: Awesome, although slightly disappointing. Understandable however.

2: I get that, just the ability to switch between the two would be nice (maybe a numbering system to show load order?)

3: Awesome :D

4: the ArmA 3 Launcher currently fails to detect a mod when you do not open the workshop via the launcher (last time I checked anyway). This means that any mods downloaded through the workshop via steam-only seem to not be recognized. I'll try it again, though.

Don't stop working on this great tool. People who don't like it are just afraid of the future (joking). I definitely enjoy the launcher and I would like to see it be so much more than it already is.

I don't like the launcher. Please remove it. Hamper...

Don't know if serious but WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?

This is a feedback thread. That means: What is needed to improve the launcher?

It is helping nobody when you just write: I don't like it. Please delete.

The question is: What do you not like? What needs to be changed in order to be properly used by yourself?

I think that the launcher is great and will offer a lot of benefits for the community. Mod management never has been easier. (And with the new workshop it will be even better!)

You appreciate the launcher, that's cool. Maybe you can give some feedback about how to make it better.

Here is my feedback.

I dont like external launchers.

I don't need launcher to manage my game, addons or extensions.

I dont use Steam Workshop and I am not going to use it to buy user made content through Steam Marketplace that BIS is going to create.

Therefore, -noLauncher will be much appreciated.

To make it more clear, in the day that BIS force me to use launcher will be the day that I will remove Arma 3 from my machine.

I wonder why is launcher now being implemented in the system (in another words - required to launch prior arma) - why not when mods will be able to be updated and when full functionality comes

developed?Right now it seem more of nuisance since most people who use mods outside of Steam workshop have to make workarounds ; )

I wonder why is launcher now being implemented in the system (in another words - required to launch prior arma) - why not when mods will be able to be updated and when full functionality comes

developed?Right now it seem more of nuisance since most people who use mods outside of Steam workshop have to make workarounds ; )

The have a option for automatic update.

The have a option for automatic update.

Can you elaborate, auto updated for what?For launcher?Why does it need to be

required for an automatic update.

Automatic close of the launcher would be a nice thing.

Also not really about the launcher but is there a way to choose where Arma 3 Steam Workshop mods are installed? I'd like to keep my root Arma 3 folder tidy, maybe even separate SW mods and my manually installed and with the launcher it's easy to choose the folders where mods are read (for example \Arma 3\Mods).

nevermind...

Edited by k0rd

To improve the launcher you should add possibility to add folders where we keep the all of the mods for example the game directory.

To improve the launcher you should add possibility to add folders where we keep the all of the mods for example the game directory.

I'm not sure what you mean? This is already possible. Too bad that the Steam Workshop mods only install in the root folder so the root folder can't be tidy:

http://i.imgur.com/Og2igLD.png (977 kB)

Thread pinned for maximum visibility.

I have not seen these reported or suggested yet, sorry if they've already been mentioned.

Suggestion

- I just discovered the other day that the mods listed in the mod list can be dragged around to change position. Originally I thought it was only the column sorting options that would allow the change in mod load order. My suggestion would be to add a little draggable-graphic to the side of each entry. Kind of like the iOS draggables.

- Add an checkbox option somewhere to launch the Launcher directly to the Mods list (rather than starting at News).

Overall, I'm a huge fan of the Launcher; it is definitely the way forward.

Edited by Diffusion9

"It will provide a more robust and thorough detection of hacks and cheats. You will be able to still opt-out, but that will not allow you to connect to BE-enabled servers. Toggling BE on and off, as well as updating it, will now be handled via the Launcher."

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00100

So if -noLauncher parameter is used I cannot connect to BE-enabled servers?

So tell me how I use the Breaking Point Launcher to connect to their servers?,turn BE off and be swamped by hackers?

I cant help but smell a bit of blackmail here..use our Launcher or no BE for you

I have not seen these reported or suggested yet, sorry if they've already been mentioned.

Suggestion

- I just discovered the other day that the mods listed in the mod list can be dragged around to change position. Originally I thought it was only the column sorting options that would allow the change in mod load order. My suggestion would be to add a little draggable-graphic to the side of each entry. Kind of like the iOS draggables.

- Add an checkbox option somewhere to launch the Launcher directly to the Mods list (rather than starting at News).

Overall, I'm a huge fan of the Launcher; it is definitely the way forward.

Great suggestions! Thanks.

Does the launcher deal with userconfigs automatically? Or do we still need to manually place the userconfigs in the appropriate folder?