Introducing "Dash" - The most advanced SQF editor for Arma ever built.

Features:

Dash has many features that aim to make writing SQF code as painless as possible:

- It has full support + syntax highlighting for SQF and SQM files, with the other file types (.ext, .cpp, etc) coming soon.

- It features the "ArmaSense" code-completion engine that suggests Arma script commands and user defined variables as you are typing.

- You can fold code inside curly braces, or create your own folding areas using "//#region" and "//#endregion" to hide code between the two comments.

Planned Features:

- Enhanced "ArmaSense" code-completion to suggest user variables that are in scope and defined in any file in the project

- SQF Lexer/Parser to provide Microsoft Word or Visual Studio-style wavy red underlines underneath code that does not compile -- without the need to run your code through a compiler

- RPT file analyser that can link you straight to the code that caused the error you're looking at

- Work directly inside PBO files without needing to pack/unpack them (great for server admins working on their mission/server pbos)

- Custom themes to allow you to change the syntax highlighting colours as you want

Screenshots:

dash-for-website.png

An example showing the ArmaSense code-completion engine:

armasense.gif

In Summary:

Dash is being actively developed by myself (I'm nevada_scout). It's written in C# and the source code is openly available on GitHub, along with the issue tracker (please, feel free to lend a hand! :) )

The full website for the project is here: http://dash.nevadascout.com which includes a download for the installer for the latest version (v1.2 at the time of writing).

I'm interested to see what you guys think of this, let me know below! :)

• Like 3

You sir have my deepest gratitude. :-)

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You sir have my deepest gratitude. :-)

You are most welcome! If you like this, you'll love what I've got planned for the future ;)

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks for releasing it so quickly! :D

This is absolutely amazing and looking at what you have planned for future releases I am so excited for it. This is going to help so much with writing scripts and mod files in general. Keep up the good work.

Nice tool!

I'm accostumed to work on the BIS Poseidon tool, and I would like to suggest a "dark" mode for the interface, and a workable file browser where I can delete or create folders/files. With that, I would probably change to it XD

This looks very useful indeed, thank you.

One suggestion: since this is aimed at A3 as well as A2/CO, and the A3 forum is much more active these days you should post at least a heads-up in the A3 Addons & Mods: discussion forum; though if it waon't run foul of the cross-posting rules, post a release thread instead.

Are you still working on this project? Looks very promising if you continue to deliver on your roadmap.

Has anything more ever happened with this?  There are so many amazing features advertised on the site for the 2.0 release.  Did any of that ever come to be?

Hallo nevada_scout,

I'm very grateful for your approach of this matter. How is it going? Any news for us?

Best regards from Switzerland(Europe)

He hasn't logged in for a few months. :( This might be dead. Shame.

• Like 1

I've been in touch with nevada_scout. Happily this project is not dead and he's working on some exciting stuff. :)

• Like 2

Suggestion for the Tool:

I got a lot of Space on the right side (dAoacaW.png). But even if not, possiblity to open more projects in one instance and display them on the right would be also an advantage. That would be awesome.

Overall nice tool, works as designed :P