Sign in to follow this  
Dasky

ArmA 3 - Mumble Positional Audio Plugin

Sorry but the plugin no longer works with the latest development branch as it includes the new BattlEye system. Unfortunately I thought it may have had a longer lifespan.

The source has uploaded to pastebin for anyone interested. http://pastebin.com/eKTJiMSm

Edited by Dasky
Further information

I've been helping out with testing this for a few days and it works wonders. Source code included and fully modifiable for anyone interested. Would be great to see this officially supported somehow!

For a nice, immersive feel to it I recommend setting the maximum distance to about 50 meters, minimum volume to 0% and then binding a key to "shout to current channel" which lets you unlink it from the positional data and transmit like a radio.

I dont understand this... what is mumble? xD

Could you please add more info about this?

HeadPop, try the very 1st reference in Google...

It's a Teamspeak analogue - not been well supported for Arma Series to date.

So this is like ACRE or TFAR but using a different Client

I dont understand this... what is mumble? xD

Could you please add more info about this?

As answered by the people above it's just an alternative to Teamspeak but unfortunately the plugin is no where near as extensive as ACRE or TFAR. It has no knowledge of objects or terrain and only supports directional audio with distance attenuation.

The advantage it has is compatibility with any ArmA 3 server without modification or effort from the admin. It's just a simple way of having reasonably immersive voice chat with a group of friends.

Edited by Dasky