Sign in to follow this  
doubledizz

50% off STEAM SALE - but not on DLC Bundle?

The ARMA 3 packages on Steam are currently 50% off! This is great, I've already told some friends who were thinking of getting it. I mentioned the Extended Edition is the best value as it comes with the DLC Bundle. Then I noticed the DLC BUNDLE does not have the 50% off.

I bought the ARMA 3 Deluxe Edition early on, I think at the 2nd-staged price (the one before the full retail price) before the DLC Bundle was an option. BIS is offering new customers a 50% steal, but their existing fans get no love at all?

This doesn't seem right to me. I'm virtually marketing the game to my mates, who are now keen to buy it. Thus I'm generating sales for BIS, and now I have to pay full price to play the DLC with them... hurts a bit.

Can't we get some discount to the DLC Bundle during the sale period?

Hardly likely when they're just about to release a new DLC.

BIS is offering new customers a 50% steal, but their existing fans get no love at all?

This is the fundamental flaw with how you're looking at it.

This sale isn't about BI giving love. It's about getting new players. Notice how everything that is on sale involves buying the game.

It wouldn't make any business sense at all to offer their new DLCs at 50% off, especially when one of them isn't even released yet. They can profit from that kind of sale much further down the road, after everyone who is prepared to pay full price has already done so.

This doesn't seem right to me. I'm virtually marketing the game to my mates, who are now keen to buy it. Thus I'm generating sales for BIS, and now I have to pay full price to play the DLC with them... hurts a bit.

Again the warped view of what a sale is. This is not about fan-appreciation. It's about marketing and promotion.

Edit:

The DLC bundle as pointed out below is a great example of the flaw in how you're interpreting the pricing. It's offering a lower price if you don't own any of the DLCs. If you own just Heli, you can't get Marksmen for a reduced price. Not because BI hates its customers, but because it just wouldn't make any business sense. The point of the bundle is to get you to commit to buying more than you otherwise would have by offering a discount for doing so.

Edited by vegeta897

A lot of posts on the Steam discussions about this oversight.

Also, the extended edition detail information doesn't make any sense either...

ARMA 3 EXTENDED EDITION

Vanilla game price @ $59.99 crossed out, 50% off price @ $29.99

DLC Bundle @ $24.99, no discount

29.99 + 24.99 = $54.98

Advertised discounted price for Extended Edition? $37.49... Whaat?? haha

Extended Edition costs $74.99, $10 cheaper than the combination of $59.99 + $24.99

Steam has a 50% discount on that $74.99, yet the detail shows sums that don't add up to the discount price. It's just a wonky way of showing it haha

It looks like each package is about getting those few extra dollars out of anyone who hadn't already bought in yet, considering that the Extended Edition is basically the Digital Deluxe Edition plus the DLC Bundle, the DDE itself being only a few dollars extra over the base game while the Digital Deluxe Upgrade is $12.99 and omits Arma: CWA.

this discount for arma 3 is ridicolous, for the BIS's public/customers the price doesn't matter

Really??, I bought ArmA 3 last week for 44.95€ and now is %50 off?!?!? :banghead:

Really??, I bought ArmA 3 last week for 44.95€ and now is %50 off?!?!? :banghead:

Don't hurt yourself too much. This game is easily worth a 100€. You get a Shooter-Simulator, Flight-Simulator, Helicopter-Simulator, Army-Simulator, Tank-Simulator, RTS-Game (Zeus), RPG and so much more.

Great deal. Don't even need the dlc most features from dlc are free.

Oh wait is this a moaning tread?? is someone moaning about a half price sale.

What the actual firetruck.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Some people are just miserable sons of biatches.

Will the Extended Edition include future DLCs or Expansions too ? So not just Marksmen and Heli, but also whatever expansions and DLCs show up later on.

IIRC, some way of buying Arma 3 had that as a feature.

The 50% deal made me a new customer to the series. $37 USD for Arma 3 + all the DLCs (including the April 8th marksman) was a pretty sweet deal. However, now that I played the game, I probably would have been willing to fork over $60+ for it.

I do think the 50% sale should have extended to existing customers though. Just my opinion.

Deleted.

Edited by OMAC

Would be nice is if we have all the DLC's but not the bundle on steam, the marksman DLC we would get like 10% off or something. Because I kinda just didn't notice there was a bundle when I bought the heli DLC, so ya like 3 bucks off the marksman would be nice if you have all the other DLCs.

Would be nice is if we have all the DLC's but not the bundle on steam, the marksman DLC we would get like 10% off or something. Because I kinda just didn't notice there was a bundle when I bought the heli DLC, so ya like 3 bucks off the marksman would be nice if you have all the other DLCs.

God hearts you! :pray:

https://store.bistudio.com/