Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Prevent Player from Taking Objects

Hi all,

I'm working on a little project and was wondering if there's a nice and clean way of preventing the player from taking items (such as weapons) that are meant for display only? Say, in a gun shop or something? I guess something involving the "TAKE" eventhandler might work? I also considered using ShowHud false, but I need the action menu to be visible and available! Any bright ideas chaps? :D Thanks as always, for any help / suggestions!

Oh gosh! I did search for a thread - and missed it! Cheers chaps! Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Oh guys - that's SO helpful :D Thanks again - you have no idea how much that link has helped me out! Who'd have thought it? SetDamage?!

The better question is: How to remove these darn new pockets spawning along with editor placed weapons since one of the recent updates? Could swear these little magazine packs haven't been there before, looks kind of ugly though. Not a game breaker, it's just looking weird when presenting weapons on tables or rested on walls.

Sorry for hi-jacking but I don't feel like opening a thread for such insignificant matter.^^

Hi, IndeedPete - I have a solution for that one :D

Rifle_01 = createvehicle ["groundweaponholder", getpos player, [], 0, "can_collide"]; 
Rifle_01 addWeaponCargo ["arifle_MX_SW_Black_F",1]
[/Php]

That ought to spawn the gun in the weapons holder without any magazine pouches. However, in regards to editor placed weapons - yeah, I've noticed that too - came with an update and I'm guessing it's a feature!

"Feature". :D Well, I'm too lazy to update older creations at the moment but I'll remember that one for the future, thanks!