Outlawz7

Black screen, no sound, can only hard reset

Since today, while running ArmA3 my screen will suddenly go completely black (or white one time), sound will fade off and I can only reset my PC, nothing else works.

I have no clue what to look for, Event viewer gives a Kernel power error which I suspect is the reset itself, I ran a hardware monitor which logged my GPU temp and it logged 59° C at the point of reset (my GPU is GTX 770, max temp is 98).

Temp on the cpu? Look in the case lately?

How long do you play before it locks up?

Could be a memory error too..., bad stick? Can run 'memtest' for that.

How long do you play before it locks up?

3hrs longest, 5 mins shortest.

edit: I also experience the same crash on other games, not just ArmA3.

My bad, should have checked sooner.

Edited by Outlawz7

Got the exact same problem. But it only happens with BF4/BFH. Everything runs smooth and then black screen. Hard reset. Got a GeForce 960.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the exact same problem. But it only happens with BF4/BFH. Everything runs smooth and then black screen. Hard reset. Got a GeForce 960.

Try reverting NVIDIA drivers, I googled 'nvidia driver 347.88 black screen' and tons of people have that issue.

Reverting the drivers did not work for me though.

Try reverting NVIDIA drivers, I googled 'nvidia driver 347.88 black screen' and tons of people have that issue.

Reverting the drivers did not work for me though.

Tried multiple things. Just today I removed the driver with display driver sweeper and tried it with multiple driver version. No success. Gave up on BF.

edit: didn't manage to fix

Edited by Outlawz7

having this issue too - have you found a fix?

I claimed warranty and got a replacement GTX 770, even tried installing it in the other PCI-E slot, crash still happening.

Yup, getting the same issue, really perplexes me as last week things were working perfect.

No matter what game I played which is a mix between Arma3, Arma2CO, SniperEliteV2,RO,DH, the screen goes black, and then I have to go and press the button to restart the computer.

Worked with a close friend of mine (hes a freelance computer tech btw)whom helped me get my Graphic card Drivers (Nvidia) sorted as I

had some updates from windows and it installed a ton of updates including new gpu drivers.

So my drivers are up to date, temps are fine on gpu and cpu, i checked my Kaspersky antivirus to see if that was interfering.

After I got my drivers sorted and fixed I was able to play normal, played RO for a while with no issues, then Arma3 for about 2 hrs no issues, that was yesterday, early this

morning I went to go play a mission with my buddy through tunngle on lan, and as soon as the mission started and I was about to move immediately I get the black screen,

and then I lose all control, control,alt delete wont bring up the taskmanager to quit the game, nothing worked, had to do a hard restart. WTF!

Depending sometimes I can play for a some hours, like the OP, and then its like 5 min and crash.

Did Microsoft create some shit updates for Win7 64? or is it Arma3, I doubt its Arma3 specifically unless something in the latest patch has reached the rest of my computer like

a virus and screwed everything else up.

I have 2 Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti's running at the same time.

Found this video, same problem, same card, description says it was the motherboard.

I installed the GTX 770 in another computer where it ran fine, confirmed it's most likely my motherboard. Getting a new one.

I believe I managed to fix my issue.

I followed the instructions in this post and I think updating my GPU BIOS also contributed.

I set up a game of ArmA3 and left it running for 8 hours while I was at work and it didn't crash on me.

Good job! Finally!

I fixed the crashing i was getting this past Saturday, apparently having two graphics cards running at the same time, the bottom card was heating up the top one,

and the top one is the main one being used most of the time, as the temps outside got warmer, so did the cards, so previous weeks before that I noticed that

the game/s crashed sooner as it got warmer.

Never delt with a 2nd card overheating, but thanks to my buddy whos a computer tech gave

me a tip based on what I had described, and sure enough, so i took out the top card, moved the bottom one up and adjusted a fan in my case,

and temps are lower then before while ingame, and no more crashes, yay! ;)

I have the same problem 

I am using Arma3 version with out campaign  after starting the game for 15 to 20 minutes my laptop screen goes black like showing that the system is going to shouting down then I am going to turn it off again and then restart the system. My laptop is core i7 seventh generation and I am using ati radeon graphics card.