Sign in to follow this  
democore

CoalaOs

Hey guys,
since quite some time (3-4 month) I've been developing a "Operating system" for arma and here it is!

w23xDCO.jpgW2Ajeub.jpg

I'm kind of happy with the current version of this, so I'm finally going to release it now.
I just didn't want to release it before it's in a stable form, so I don't end up with getting everyone excited for a projekt and dumping it anyway in the end like I did with the real time map viewer...

Github link
Github Wiki

Implement in mission
You can add this to you Mission by adding theese lines to your init sqf:

MISSION_ROOT = call {
private "_arr";
_arr = toArray __FILE__;
_arr resize (count _arr - 8);
toString _arr
};

player addaction ["Open CoalaOs", "CoalaOs\CoalaOsMain.sqf", player, 1, true, true, "",
"(backpack player) in ['tf_rt1523g', 'tf_rt1523g_big', 'tf_rt1523g_sage', 'tf_rt1523g_green', 'tf_rt1523g_black', 'tf_rt1523g_fabric','tf_rt1523g_bwmod', 'tf_rt1523g_big_bwmod', 'tf_rt1523g_big_rhs', 'tf_rt1523g_rhs']"
];

and theese lines to your description.ext:

#include "CoalaOs\common.hpp"
#include "CoalaOs\base.hpp"

To open the laptop, you have to have a big TFAR radio on your back, but you can change that to being openable by anyone by changing

player addaction ["Open CoalaOs", "CoalaOs\CoalaOsMain.sqf", player, 1, true, true, "",
"(backpack player) in ['tf_rt1523g', 'tf_rt1523g_big', 'tf_rt1523g_sage', 'tf_rt1523g_green', 'tf_rt1523g_black', 'tf_rt1523g_fabric','tf_rt1523g_bwmod', 'tf_rt1523g_big_bwmod', 'tf_rt1523g_big_rhs', 'tf_rt1523g_rhs']"
];

to

player addaction ["Open CoalaOs", "CoalaOs\CoalaOsMain.sqf"];

Media
Finally: Screenshots because everyone loves screenshots :D

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541894933442794104/05F232D5E4C3DD2F67F0D28A7D3F78D5D6E4840A/ (293 kB)
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541894933442794293/EDBB6B87EAEDBEBF25CC246F7285D5B3ACCC51A1/ (339 kB)
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541894933442794452/BFDC08EA2D53C26D9559AEB706886BA3560B806F/ (365 kB)
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541894933442794611/6BB22A9DBE3E47DEC2F63B5241E92C08477994F6/ (348 kB)

This is me using the laptop in a mission of our clan:
Twitch recording, skip to 60 Minutes
(We forgot to put the difficulty up to Veteran, so we sadly got the enemy displayed on the map. This is not the bluefortracker's fault)

Description
So, you may now be asking: Okay so I get a bodycam, dronefeed and stuff, but thats already accessable by other mods, whats special?!
The answer is simple: This being a "Operating system" you can add/remove Programs from the system, making it highly customizable!
Also, there is a kind of real file system behind it, so you have folders and files in a structured system, just like in your windows explorer.

I hope to add some more programs to this by their own. Maybe, you guys can point out missing features!

Currently there are theese Programs:
- Chatty -> just a simple chat for players
- Surveilence -> view the turret perspective of any data drone in the air
- BodyCam -> View any players first person perspective
- Frontcam -> This was just for testing, but hey, there you go. Its just the Frontcam of the laptop.
- BlueForTracker -> Shows all units that have a big radio on their back on the map.

Currently this addon relies on Task Fore Radio, so you have to download it. :)

If you just want to try it out, activate task force radio and load this map: Link

Edited by democore

Well, as much as I'd like to code that, I think thats slightly impossible :D

omg, the possibilities.

Bomb diffusal, hacking, intel retrieval, the surveillance things you already have, remote exploding shit, enabling the refuel vehicle hooked up to your escape vehicle when pinned down in an enemy base.

Omg I have so much stuff I want to do with this :D

Checking the latest follower or sub on your twitch channel also perhaps? hehe ;D ;D

Cudoz man, this is so frikkin' cool I'm getting e-moist.

Give us Facebook on it! Haha. IT looks Great man

Well, twitter is actually kind of working a bit in the browser :D

omg, the possibilities.

Bomb diffusal, hacking, intel retrieval, the surveillance things you already have, remote exploding shit, enabling the refuel vehicle hooked up to your escape vehicle when pinned down in an enemy base.

Omg I have so much stuff I want to do with this :D

Checking the latest follower or sub on your twitch channel also perhaps? hehe ;D ;D

Cudoz man, this is so frikkin' cool I'm getting e-moist.

Hah, thanks for the ideas :) I'll see what I can do! :) Thanks for the sub, btw :)

Oh, my line breaks and paragraphing was all out of whack due to my excitement. I meant as a program for CoalaOS ... I didn't sub to your channel :shame_emote_Kappa: :/

Wow yeah this would be awesome for retrieving intel and what not... much better than just a simple addaction to pick up the data ;)

Wanted to do something like this for some time now, but the GUI and dialog stuff didn't reveal itself to me.

This is awesome, there are quite some applications one could use this, incredible.

Thanks for sharing this, way to go!

:yay:

Cheers

Wanted to do something like this for some time now, but the GUI and dialog stuff didn't reveal itself to me.

This is awesome, there are quite some applications one could use this, incredible.

Thanks for sharing this, way to go!

:yay:

Cheers

Well, you can now create your own Programs super easy :)

Just check out the Wiki! https://github.com/democore/CoalaOs/wiki

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Can we have laptop screen on a billboard or tv screen too? for example , we can see all units movement on big screen as blufor tracker?